Parent reviews for Squid Game

Squid Game Poster Image

16+

I personally really liked it as a 19-year old, but i definitely don’t think it’s for kids. I know for a fact that if i was still 13, i would’ve watched it at school with friends and i would’ve been fine i think but i don’t see a point of kids seeing this much graphic violence. Some parents and kids reviews saying it’s 10-12+ make me kinda sad, i would not let a kid that young watch it, even if they are ’mature’ this kind of violence and dehumanization still affects your brain in a way or another, especially in kids whose brains are developing in a very important way at that age. 16-18+ in my opinion.

9 people found this helpful.

Disgusting

Full of extreme violence and gore. All the characters are just plain evil. I couldn’t get past the 3rd episode. Traumatized me. Please stay away from this.

8 people found this helpful.

Squid game

Parents need to know that squid game KIDS CANT WATCH there is to much of curse words like f**k s**t and d**k and the is a scene that will have nudity and a scene of s*x and there is too much of violence such as gun shooting eye balls taking and lungs and heart it is just NASTY

3 people found this helpful.

a 15 year old should be okay to watch

The show is good. I watched it with my 16 year old son when he told me about it. But it is pretty gory when a player messes up and gets shot, which it doesn't make sense why they get shot when they mess up, but its korean

Not for kids

It is so bad for kids it has s*x and other bad stuff.

1 person found this helpful.

Over-hyped, contrived and much too violent

This show should be avoided by all minors. First off, there's the shocking level of violence, with a body count well in excess of any other movie I have seen, and the camera never misses an opportunity to revel in the gore and horror. Next, there is the relentless sadism and cruelty, where a military efficiency is applied to the observation of the game's callous rules. The flimsy attempts to justify all of this on the basis of a satire on capitalist greed just does not wash. "The Running Man" does a much better job with this sort of storyline, much more efficiently, and with a much lower body count. On top of this, most of the characters are shallow stereotypes and their backstories unoriginal and derivative. Overall I have very little to recommend this series.

1 person found this helpful.

It shows how humans can be

I think its ok for ages 9+ as long as the parents skip the sex scenes

This show is very entertaining and an effective commentary on debt culture and how it can render feelings of hopelessness. However, the positive social commentary will go over the heads of children, and the graphic violence is extreme. The show is highly entertaining and bingeworthy, but children won’t really understand the messages about the exploitative nature of debt and how it can make people desperate. The incorporation of children’s games will draw in younger viewers, exposing them to scenes of graphic death and mutilation, but I doubt that they will pick up on the show’s deeper message. For adults only.
real good a bit to old for my 15 old kid