All member reviews for Stargate SG-1

Sci-fi drama has lots of potential. Tweens OK.

Adult Written byJewishPrincess April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byAryaKxoxo January 8, 2015

STARGATE SG-1

This is my favourite TV show, and the only tv show that I actually like. Before stargate, I hated TV because it was almost always soppy romances with no action. I haven't watched every single episode however I have watched quite a lot. The episode "Prometheus Unbound" featuring Vala can be a little inappropriate however most 12 year olds would be fine. Some episodes can include blood, but again 12 year olds should be okay. In my opinion, some of the characters are really good role models, my personal favourite being Samantha Carter. Over some episodes, they also portray some great messages. In some episodes, they do go into some details into the physics kind of thing, but it's never for very long, so don't be put off by that! Stargate is also pretty funny, thanks to Jack O'neill. Overall, I would REALLY recommend this series to anyone who likes a good sci-fi story.
Parent of a 10 and 14 year old Written byZerd65 October 14, 2010

fun for the whole family 7 and up

One of the best truly family friendly shows out there. The theme of friendship and the character exhibited by every member of the cast is worthy of watching. One of the best ensemble casts ever. In the entire series, there are only 2 episodes with a warning, season 1 disc one has brief nudity from the back as the bad guys try to find a new host and much later in the series, they show Sam and her boyfriend in bed talking. In 10 seasons and 2 movies, you can't ask for more. We own the entire set and watch it frequently. As a family who loves mythology and sci fi, it is great fun.
Parent Written byCommon Sense Parents June 18, 2013

Watch Out! Great series but not really for kids.

Has a lot of 'mild' language throughout. Some implied sexual situations (like Carter seen sleeping with a guy, etc.) and Vala's constant sexual insinuations that occur especially in the second half of the series. The first pilot episode is R rated for total nudity! Watch out! Watch the alternate version of the pilot which removes the nudity.
Written byAnonymous April 26, 2013

Not for kids.

Oh No Episode 1 has the Female Nudity. Oh No not 9 years that I saw that. So Not for kids. In Fact back in 1997 it was on Showtime.
Kid, 11 years old October 7, 2012

If you're a fan of Sci-fi, enjoy!

This show is very good. This show, like Firefly, takes the Star Trek concept, but twists it. What do I mean by this? Firefly took away aliens, when this show took away spaceships. Note: If you want to show this show to anybody, show that person or yourself watch Stargate (1994) first. Other note: For the shows pilot, skip a scene about 1 hour in for it has nudity if you believe your child may not handle full frontal female nudity (Done in a way that's not sexual) and even more showing of said character's breasts but if your child accidentally saw his/her mom naked, don't worry (I handled it so me being a(n) (Mature) 11 year-old, you shouldn't worry to much) . Further more on second note: If you're lucky (If you have a child that you don't want to see nudity) you might find a PG version of the pilot that you might consider a better introduction to the series than a pilot that originally aired on Showtime that's rated R so that's all. Yet another note: SG wise, watch the movie Stargate (1994), then this show, then on Season 7, watch this and Stargate Atlantis back-to-back, then after Atlantis' third season watch Stargate: The Ark of Truth, after that watch Stargate: Continuum, then finish Atlantis, and finish it all off with Stargate Universe, and if you're sad of no more Stargate, look for Stargate: Infinity, and if you're still sad after finishing that, play Stargate: Resistance, and if you're STILL sad, read the books, comics, listen to audiobooks, ect., AND IF YOU STILL SAD, hope for the improbable sequels to Stargate (1994). You will love this show and become a Gater!
Parent Written byMr. Mario August 16, 2012

SG1 shines!

Great Show! Appropriate for all ages!
Parent of a 12 year old Written byjimanorris January 17, 2010

Awsome...beware 1st episode

This is a great show...however, the pilot episode titled "Children of the Gods" was a movie and not a TV episode, or the cut that is on the DVD is different, as it contains one scene with several seconds of full frontal female nudity and several more seconds of just above the waist. Other than this one small thing, this whole series is awesome.
Parent of a 9 and 18 year old Written bysifaka1026 March 5, 2009

Be Warned

In the pilot episode of season 1 there is full frontal nudity. That is the only episode where this occurs but parents should be made aware of this.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLizzieBox May 23, 2014

Light, Carma, Play!

It has those funny moment mostly with Jack but some times with other people. Or it can be dramatic in some parts. Lots of action. In the the first few Eps. I would not show kids there's a nude lady.
Kid, 10 years old January 25, 2013

Stargate Sg-1

Stargate SG-1 is a thrilling sci-fi adventure were four explorers journey through a wormhole called a stargate (hence the name, stargate sg1.) However, in the first episode there is a scene of nudity. I recomend not to watch this part with a child. ( I could not see this part, ether.) All in all, stargate sg1 is a great sci-fi series. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
Adult Written byParranormalHour February 5, 2012

Indeed

I grew up watching the Sci-fi (renamed syfy) channel with my dad and I understood everything they said and did. I quote this show at least once a week (...Indeed...) and the reason my parents let me watch such a bizarre and by all accounts violent show easy... Samantha Carter. Great role model. Anyway on to my review the sex, yes they talk about it and Vala (Season 8 i think) just adds to it. Violence yes plently of it but who expects the world to be saved with out any violence (unless this is Dr. Who) it doesn't happen. I would let a kid watch this not just because I did but because I believe they can pick up on a lot in the first few seasons. (ex, sacrifice, Fighting against all odds, protecting, and loss.) SG-1 defy all odds
Teen, 14 years old Written bymylibrarycardworeout August 10, 2011

A Great One for the Family!

There is not as much violence in this one. People die but there really is not blood at all. It is a great TV show and it will keep you interested. It is a must watch. There is positive role modeling as people work together and they help others. It is a good family TV show. There is full frontal nudity in the very first episode but otherwise there is nothing else of that nature at all. There is some creepy creature living in some people and that is a little weird - but it is not too bad.
Parent of a 14 year old Written bymommyfixit June 7, 2010

Season 1 Episode 1 not appropriate

Need to watch out for season 1 episode 1 for full frontal nudity.
Adult Written bymomjo2 April 27, 2010

NOT for young kids or tweens

This show is totally inappropriate young or tweens kids. The first 4 or more episodes have way to much sexual context. The women are either being sold for sex or the men are telling them what they will do to them. All the episodes women are being used as sex toys. Parents beware do not let your kids watch this show.
Kid, 12 years old November 8, 2009

Ok for 11 and up.

I LOVE STARGATE! There is some wierd religion stuff though.
Adult Written byCommanderC April 9, 2008

Sci-Fi at its best.

A fun show. For the most part, the stories are fun and fast paced. The charactors drive the show. The main charactors are morally strong. A great show to watch (or rewatch).
Adult Written byMolBiol99 April 9, 2008

Love it, will miss it when it is gone!

Adult Written bymorjana April 9, 2008

Excellent series for inspiring imagination, a contender to Star Trek.

Stargate SG-1 is an excellent series, that provides scripts to scratch the imaginations of young and old. The production values of the series are first rate. Not only are the writing, acting, and direction first rate, but all the supporting crafts: costumes, make-up, sets, stunts, special effects, music, etc., show the love not only for their work, but for the fans who watch.