All member reviews for Stargate Universe

Teen, 14 years old Written byLizzybeth May 12, 2010

At first I only watched this show because I loved the other 2 Stargates, and I wanted to catch up to the latest episode so that I could watch it with my brother. The episode "time" was absolutely amazing, and most of the latter half of its first season was wonderful. It is a completely different show from SG-1 or atlantis, but I have learned to love it anyway. My only concerns are that there are no truly good role models, except for maybe Eli, but everyone else also has plenty of good moments that almost make up for their bad ones; and Lt. Scott is seen multiple times in bed with Chloe every other episode. In the pilot he also is seen having sex while on duty, with another officer who is also on duty; they are interrupted when the base comes under attack. Next thing you know he ditches her for chloe, leaving her heartbroken and still confused. It is implied that Col. Young cheated on his wife, he wants to get back together with her, but later finds evidence that she has also been cheating on him. Despite these things I still love this show, and very much anticipate every episode. It is much darker than the other two- exploring questions of ethics and morality, military leadership vs. civilian leadership, etc. so I think mature viewers will get more out of it. Anyway: Stargate rocks!
Teen, 16 years old Written bySilence March 29, 2013

Awesome

I love stargate universe. Stargate universe is different than most sci-fi movies/series, I can understand most of the sci-fi in the tv series and I can feel apart of the story. There are episodes that I find however is not suitable for younger kids, for it contains violence, sex scenes and some language. It is however one of the best tv series I have ever seen.