All member reviews for Suits

Teen, 14 years old Written bySilva Adrianiel January 28, 2012

It's really not THAT bad....

Er.... are you serious about the age rating? I mean, sure they swear, but judging by the reviews there are problems with them saying G--d-----? That is by far one of the least offensive swear word I've seen. Though, it may be more offensive to those that actively practice a religion. Most people by the time they are fourteen should have heard language like this and worse, especially considering the way high school students speak. It should be nothing that they are unfamiliar with. The sex isn't too bad, and should again be nothing that a high school student hasn't seen in the movies they regularly watch. So I say.... Okay for 14.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySkylarker June 12, 2012

Good show for teens, very entertaining!

Are you all serious? The show is pretty much clean. There's minimal kissing/sex/nudity. The only issue people seem to have is with the language. Honestly, G--d--- and s---, are not really bad words. Unless your child is home-schooled, they've heard this kind of language, and usually worse. Just make sure they understand THEY can't use it. Other than that, entertaining show :)
Kid, 12 years old December 3, 2012

Suits: Drama with small decay

Suits is another one of USA's many dramatic shows that still manage to shine in its own unique ways. Its drama is crisp, its unforeseen comedy is a nice add-on, and the show's depiction of the characters' adulthood is very realistic--too realistic for younger audiences to handle. However, Suits loses a star because it has noticeable bumps, but mostly one bump really matters--scene dragging. Its abilities to take 2-minute scenes and extend them into 5-minute scenes is both keen and very annoying, which will get audiences quickly bored. However, on its better half Suits is another solid USA show.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySangsterlove12 December 1, 2014

Best show with a few issues

I watch the show and do not think there is anything seriously wrong with it. People seem to think that the language is unacceptable but god, damn, and sh*t are nothing inappropriate. If anything in the show is inappropriate it is the relationships. Rachel has an affair with a married man and occasionally it seems like the men move from woman to woman. This show is appropriate for very mature 11 year olds, most 12 year olds, and anyone who is 13 or at least in 8th grade should easily be able to handle this.
Teen, 16 years old Written byNhlanhla Tshingilane October 2, 2014

SUITS

Suits is a legal drama series that first hit the scene in 2011, and I've been hooked since. It's not like the usual run-of-the-mill type of repetitive legal drama series that usually just become stale or boring. The story is set in the heart of New York city predominantly at one of the most successful law firms ''PearsonDarby''. The story is centered around the firm's egotistical, witty harvard graduate lawyer Harvey Spector who is the self proclaimed "best closer this city has ever seen" and his associate Mike Ross who has no college or university degree of any sort. Harvey willingly takes a leap of faith on Mike ross due to his sense of intelligence and having a retentive memory which greatly impresses Harvey. Harvey is generally the cold hearted closer who always makes sure of the fact that he wins no matter what, but Mike is generally the more caring type of guy but that slowly rubs off on Harvey as he starts to show a bit more compassion while he mentors Mike. It comes with a twist because Mike is constantly committing a crime by practising law without any form of degree and he's constantly checking whether more people know his secret or not.Mike and Harvey form a sort of 'Batman and Robin' type of brotherly bond as they face various legal and personal challenges. Even though Mike and Harvey are the leading characters, the focal point of the entertainment sprouts from all the different intriguing relationships that come about through character development. The chemistry of the cast flows through in how well everything just mashes up into one great gem, I like the fact that Suits pushes the boundaries of what defines a good legal drama. You are guaranteed a quality show because production is never rushed to ensure for constant brilliance. The unorthodox fusion of genres and the scenery of the concrete jungle of New York also heightens the experience. I will remain an enthusiastic watcher as long as the quality persists.
Teen, 16 years old Written byluluf August 15, 2014

Teen, 15 years old Written byfunkymeowsie June 22, 2014

Awesome Show!

I started watching White Collar, another USA Network show, and then watched Suits. Overall, the show is clean for anyone who is over 14. I wouldn't watch this show with any child since there are references to marijuana and sex. In middle school and high school, most teens are exposed to heath and sex ed. so I think that it's fine to watch with a teen above the age of 14. There is a lot of bad language in the show but it adds to the setting. Many adults do use bad language. If a parent does not condone this, Suits isn't a correct show to watch. If you are willing to talk about foul language and drug use with your kids, the show could actually send a good message to kids. Plot wise, the show is fantastic. It really keeps you on your toes and I watched the first three seasons in less than a week. Again, sometimes the show drags on some scenes but overall, it's great.
Teen, 14 years old Written byshivamhey April 29, 2014

Really good, but iffy.

Suits is an excellent but contains: Violence- There is not much violence in this. However, when there is, it's quite gory. These include punching, kicking and unsuccessful stab scenes. 4/10 for violence. Language- There is a lot of bad language in suits. This includes frequent use of b**ch, sh**, p*ick, goddamn, etc, etc. Nothing badder than a PG-13 movie though. 6/10 for language. Sex- Lots of sex references and scenes here. The sex references are quite explicit, borderline PG-13/R rating. The sex scenes however are infrequent but sexual. The last 5 minutes of season 2 is a completely inappropriate sex scene with thrusting and nudity (you see a a half naked woman and a half naked man.) 8/10 for sex Drinking, Drugs & Smoking- A whole subplot of suits is drugs. There is frequent drug intake, sightings and references to soft drugs. Hard drugs are never seen, but are implied to be used. Drinking is infrequent. Smoking is barely an issue. 7/10 for drinking, drugs and smoking. Overall Total = 25/40. If this was a movie it would be rated R for frequent soft drug use, strong sex scenes and moderate bad language.
Teen, 15 years old Written byYpseru March 24, 2014

While this is one of the best TV series I've ever seen, this series has quite a bit of language, and people are sometimes seen drinking. Violence is rarely ever in an episode, and sex is extremely mild. The main reason it's 15+ is for occasional language (it's somewhat strong, but not constant). To be honest, I hear this language in my school on a daily basis, just as strong as is used in this series. 14 or 15+ for language.
Kid, 11 years old July 7, 2013

For teens...

I'm pretty young but I saw it. And to be honest, I wish I didn't! Drugs, alcohol, lying, language. But nothing that would shock a mature teenager.
Kid, 12 years old April 22, 2013

Suits

Amazing show
Teen, 14 years old Written byRhythmofLove1997 July 12, 2011

Three shows in and I already love it

They may cus a little more than needed but I do love this show. The humor can be very dry (especially from Harvey) which is always fun, and Mike is funny in the sense of his innocence of trying to fit in.