All parent member reviews for Super WHY!

Parent of a 2, 4, and 4 year old Written byCourtneyB January 19, 2010

Great!

This show is wonderful! My kids love it and have learned several things from watching!
Parent of a 4 year old Written bydwbracewell1 May 14, 2011

Adult Written byhseger April 9, 2008

My 4 year old LOVES this show!!!!!!

Adult Written byEditorMom April 9, 2008

Super Cool!

My 3.5-year-old took to this program the first time she saw it. She is sitting here next to me holding her very own spelling wand (a wooden spoon) and sounding out letters along with one of the characters. I love the activities, the way the program puts together reading for preschoolers -- from the nuts and bolts like letter/alphabet recognition to using context clues to basic phonetics. My daughter isn't being tricked into learning anything on this one. She knows she's learning something, and she's excited about it!
Adult Written bystormi214 April 9, 2008

Thanks PBSkids!

My 3 year old son loves this show. It just started last week and he is already walking around spelling words and recognizing more letters! I don't feel guilty letting him watch 30 minutes of TV while his sister is at Kindergarten. They are both learning and I am getting things done! When she is around also, she thinks it is great and it is enforcing what she is learning in K. Thanks so much PBSkids!
Adult Written bysuperwhyfan April 9, 2008

Helped my Daughter with her Eye Exams!

Sounds silly, but true. She has to wear a patch on her eye during the morning. Spying Super letters for her causes her to be comfortable at the eye doctor's office "spying super letters" on his chart! Well done...I appreciate the change to the traditional "grim (haha) fairy tales"...her emotional side wouldn't have like the true stories. Thanks
Adult Written byelizs77 April 9, 2008

Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byamandasdaddy December 3, 2009

Great show!

My kids love this show. Helps to teach letters, forming words and is interactive. And, as an extra bonus, it's not mind numbing for parents.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byAdnama April 28, 2012

Great for early literacy

If you limit television, let this be the 20 minutes your young child has for the day. My son loved this show from 12 months old and on. By 15 months he was responding to the on-screen questions ("Can you see the super letters? Where?"). His enthusiasm for it has waned but he will still watch it now at 4 years old. I also really like the fact that the main characters are racially diverse. And Wyatt is drawn so that it would be easy to imagine him as Southwestern US Hispanic/Native American/Biracial/Caucasian. Not a lot of fun for adults to watch, but a wonderful show for small children. Helped immensely with my son's early letter learning. Helps now with his reading.
Parent of a 1 year old Written byStephmitchell February 20, 2012

Great show!

My daughter loves this show! It's one of the few that will keep her attention for almost an entire episode. I like that it promotes different aspects of reading: letter recognition, letter sounds, pronunciation, synonyms/antonyms, and rhyming. It's also one of the least annoying we've watched. We'll be keeping this one around :)
Parent of a 2 year old Written bygeomommy December 5, 2009

Entertaining and Educational

My 2.5 year old loves it and it doesn't drive me crazy. He is able to play along with alpha pig right now and I can see him growing into "helping" the other super readers. This is a show we will be watching for a couple of years.
Parent of a 2 and 2 year old Written byAmandaKMO October 17, 2009

Parent of a 2, 10, and 14 year old Written bypharesml October 2, 2009

Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 September 28, 2009

there......

there is nothing inaproprete about this show it's just that kids ages 2-3 might not be interested in the show or will just get no learning out of it because there to young to understand. but kids ages 4-5 will get learning out of it and will probably luv it.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byRepochka September 15, 2009

Best show for pre-K and up!

My 4.5 year old son in in LOVE with his program. I like it because there are no commercials (PBS program), it's fun and educational. The characters are 4 kids - 2 boys and 2 girls who turn into reading superheroes. They are presented with "a problem" and they solve with with the help of a storybook. There are simple phonics activities that are suitable for a young child, like sing the alphabet song and more complicated ones with rhyming, reading words, changing words, spelling, phonics.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byShawnaLanne January 24, 2009

Teaching My Two Year Old To Read

I really love this show. My two year old son is obssessed with letters and so I've searched for age appropriate shows that he can enjoy, which aren't too advanced, but will hold his interest. Beyoned the really good basic grounding he's getting in phonics from this (he now goes around sounding out letters and can 'read' recognize six or seven sight words, it allows him to use his imagination. He runs around the house yelling "To the bookclub" and engages in a lot of other imaginative play along with it. There are a couple of other pre-school phonic shows that we watch, but this one is by far the best in my opinion because it allows him to use his imagination and join in the spelling fun.
Adult Written bytricia@teamjenn... April 9, 2008

Educator and Parent of an infant, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18 year old Written byEducationIsImportant March 2, 2015

my teens and under are educated

My 11 year old and older hate this show and I make them watch it anyways don't watch that disney crap
Parent of a 1, 4, 8, 10, 13, 14, 14, and 17 year old Written byparentof7 February 26, 2015

we let our 1 year old watch

when she turns 5 she dont have to watch anymore
Parent of an infant, infant, infant, 1, 5, 6, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 16, and 18 year old Written bymykidsarebabies February 19, 2015

MY TEENS WATCH ADULTS SWIM BUT I MAKE THEM WATCH THIS

SPROUT IS BEST FOR TEENS NOT LITTLE KIDS.