All parent member reviews for Super WHY!

Educator and Parent Written byJlang76 April 2, 2016

Especially good for those learning to read.

But still fun and good for littles too.
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byZoomLA February 2, 2016

Great for letters and reading, poor for plot.

This is a pretty simplistic show. In each episode, the characters run into a 'big' problem they have to solve. Even my 5 year old commented while watching that "their problems don't seem very big." Generally the justification of the plot is pretty minimal, and this makes for a lousy show. The only thing that pulls Super Why back from being a show to avoid is that it emphasizes letters and reading in a useful way. My 3 year old and 5 year old are both able to watch it and get something out of it. This show isn't a substitute for reading with your kids and teaching them! But it at least has some redeemable qualities. Some of the plots are more painful than others, so it's worth keeping an eye on the messages and discussing them with your kids afterwards.
Adult Written byJc126 October 17, 2015

Perfect show!

My son loves this show and so do I! He is 3 1/2 and literally watches Super Why! All day everyday well when he's not outside playing! We have the episodes recorded on the DVR and also play it non stop on Netflix which is also so great! He knows all the songs and sings his alphabet just like Alpha Pig wherever he is he'll be sitting in the back of the car singing it at a restaurant singing it just walking through the house singing it lol. I even randomly so g it too lol. I love the message I love that he is actually learning. This show has actually taught him so many things he reads small words now from learning it from Super Why! This show is Amazing!!!!!
Parent of a 2 year old Written bymamaduck2012 June 22, 2015

Not for school aged kids

Super Why is a very good learning show. My 2 1/2 year old loves this show. We watch it while playing with his magnetic letters. My biggest issue with this show is how they have Little Red dressed. When she is not in super mode she is in a skimpy skirt, when she is in super mode she wears an even more skimpier roller-skaters' body suit that is no bigger than a 1 piece. No, I do not have a problem with the actual outfit but I do have a problem with the fact that there is really no reason for her to be wearing it. This show does teach teamwork, socialization, problem solving, vocabulary, spelling, and the alphabet.
Parent Written byedwins June 12, 2015

Has potential

The characters have no personality. And the solutions to there problems are always found by the same method. Just add some personality and character to it. It seems dull and monotone.
Parent of a 1 year old Written bycj1 April 29, 2015

I try to minimize tv time with my baby, because he is very young still. My son is only 13 months old and he gets so excited with this show, I don't if it's the music or their voices, he really likes it. I don't think he can comprehend it yet, but he likes it so much, I do leave it on.

This cartoon is very educational appropriate for kids at least 3 years old. It solves problems by going into some classical stories which is similar to an issue one of the superhero's have and they find a solution by collecting letters after solving some problems. I like the pauses that they have to get kids who are watching involved. I will definitely feel comfortable when my son is older to watch this program. I hope they will have more of these
Adult Written byApril1 December 31, 2014

2 year old niece loves it

This is a great show that not only encourages kids to problem-solve, but teaches them their alphabet and phonics. On top of this, it's not annoying to adults, either!
Parent Written bySalebxy January 25, 2013

If your parents let you.

Somelia Naturally Unnatural Disaster From: Somewhere in the multiverse Registered: 2012-07-05 Posts: 2240 Re: Pancakes. I asked if I could post it to YT and they said it was OK. I just unlisted it at first because it was kind of stupid. "I shouldn't think at 3 in the morning." - Me Offline
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 November 23, 2012

Super why

Parent of a 4 year old Written byAdnama April 28, 2012

Great for early literacy

If you limit television, let this be the 20 minutes your young child has for the day. My son loved this show from 12 months old and on. By 15 months he was responding to the on-screen questions ("Can you see the super letters? Where?"). His enthusiasm for it has waned but he will still watch it now at 4 years old. I also really like the fact that the main characters are racially diverse. And Wyatt is drawn so that it would be easy to imagine him as Southwestern US Hispanic/Native American/Biracial/Caucasian. Not a lot of fun for adults to watch, but a wonderful show for small children. Helped immensely with my son's early letter learning. Helps now with his reading.
Parent of a 2 and 9 year old Written byKidsAndMommy August 31, 2011

love it for kids

Parent Written bytigerfork July 27, 2011

Positive early childhood television

My daughter is 20 month and has learned some words and shows excitement while watching. We try to limit TV for just waking up time or when she's sick and this keeps her entertained in a positive way.
Parent Written byElektra61306 July 9, 2011

Wonderful and educational!

This show is fantastic! It encourages learning and mastering of the alphabet and a love of reading! The characters are bright and colorful and my children (now 2 and 4) have been watching this show since they were babies and both have a strong love of books and learning! It's refreshing to have such an academically focused show in the midst of all the nonsense that's on for young ones.
Parent of a 4 year old Written bydwbracewell1 May 14, 2011

Parent of a 3 year old Written bylutheranmommy November 2, 2010

Totally great - watch it and your kid will be picking awesome reading skills in no time

Love it- teaches alphabet and reading skills right at the age when it needs to start. Totally holds my 3 year olds attention. Will not get on your nerves - fun to watch as an adult. I would have to say that the "mild peril" isn't really an issue because they are explaining either why not to be scared or why a child should not do that - its hard to explain that to children without having an example so I think its unfair that someone gave them that rating.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byeyoungmom September 5, 2010

Only one complaint...

Great show! My 3 year old LOVES it and learns a lot from it! The only problem I have is that now, when asked to do something she doesn't want to do the responce is often "I can't, see it's in my story it says "she doesn't go to bed" " That has been annoying, but other then that we LOVE super why!
Parent of a 2, 8, and 8 year old Written byjakeandjonathansmom July 1, 2010

Awesome show for preschoolers

When asked what he wants to watch, my 2 year old says "Super Why" and even knows the names of the episodes he likes to watch. It has done a great job of helping to educate him on his letters, letter sounds and letter recognition. I would and have highly recommended this program to anyone who will listen.
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written bySunnye June 5, 2010
Parent of a 4 year old Written byDzsnew May 18, 2010

Perfect for Preschoolers

This show is great! It encourages an interest in letters and reading. My son doesn't have interest in many TV shows, but he completely tunes in to this show. I've used it to get through dinners, plane trips, and car rides. It is an excellent show!
Parent of a 2 year old Written bymomboys2 March 23, 2010

Great for preschoolers

My son loves this show. I watch it with him and we talk about the letters that he sees. He is just learning his letters so this is perfect.