All parent member reviews for Super WHY!

Parent of a 4 year old Written byAdnama April 28, 2012

Great for early literacy

If you limit television, let this be the 20 minutes your young child has for the day. My son loved this show from 12 months old and on. By 15 months he was responding to the on-screen questions ("Can you see the super letters? Where?"). His enthusiasm for it has waned but he will still watch it now at 4 years old. I also really like the fact that the main characters are racially diverse. And Wyatt is drawn so that it would be easy to imagine him as Southwestern US Hispanic/Native American/Biracial/Caucasian. Not a lot of fun for adults to watch, but a wonderful show for small children. Helped immensely with my son's early letter learning. Helps now with his reading.
Parent of a 5 year old Written byhgreenuk September 17, 2011

Super "Super WHY!"

Our family loves Super WHY! Our morning wouldn't be complete without watching the adventures of Whyatt and friends. My son is so excited right now because Whyatt's family have adopted Woofster. My son is adopted, and he thinks it's so cool that Woofster is adopted too. The main reason I like this show is because it has taught my son so much about letters and reading. One problem though - we go around singing the songs all day.
Parent of a 2 and 9 year old Written byKidsAndMommy August 31, 2011

love it for kids

Parent Written bytigerfork July 27, 2011

Positive early childhood television

My daughter is 20 month and has learned some words and shows excitement while watching. We try to limit TV for just waking up time or when she's sick and this keeps her entertained in a positive way.
Parent Written byElektra61306 July 9, 2011

Wonderful and educational!

This show is fantastic! It encourages learning and mastering of the alphabet and a love of reading! The characters are bright and colorful and my children (now 2 and 4) have been watching this show since they were babies and both have a strong love of books and learning! It's refreshing to have such an academically focused show in the midst of all the nonsense that's on for young ones.
Parent of a 4 year old Written bydwbracewell1 May 14, 2011

Parent of a 3 year old Written bylutheranmommy November 2, 2010

Totally great - watch it and your kid will be picking awesome reading skills in no time

Love it- teaches alphabet and reading skills right at the age when it needs to start. Totally holds my 3 year olds attention. Will not get on your nerves - fun to watch as an adult. I would have to say that the "mild peril" isn't really an issue because they are explaining either why not to be scared or why a child should not do that - its hard to explain that to children without having an example so I think its unfair that someone gave them that rating.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byeyoungmom September 5, 2010

Only one complaint...

Great show! My 3 year old LOVES it and learns a lot from it! The only problem I have is that now, when asked to do something she doesn't want to do the responce is often "I can't, see it's in my story it says "she doesn't go to bed" " That has been annoying, but other then that we LOVE super why!
Parent of a 2, 8, and 8 year old Written byjakeandjonathansmom July 1, 2010

Awesome show for preschoolers

When asked what he wants to watch, my 2 year old says "Super Why" and even knows the names of the episodes he likes to watch. It has done a great job of helping to educate him on his letters, letter sounds and letter recognition. I would and have highly recommended this program to anyone who will listen.
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written bySunnye June 5, 2010
Parent of a 4 year old Written byDzsnew May 18, 2010

Perfect for Preschoolers

This show is great! It encourages an interest in letters and reading. My son doesn't have interest in many TV shows, but he completely tunes in to this show. I've used it to get through dinners, plane trips, and car rides. It is an excellent show!
Parent of a 2 year old Written bymomboys2 March 23, 2010

Great for preschoolers

My son loves this show. I watch it with him and we talk about the letters that he sees. He is just learning his letters so this is perfect.
Parent of a 4 year old Written bymeandmygirl March 8, 2010

Super why

My daughter repeats many of their reading lessons when we read together.
Parent of a 2, 4, and 4 year old Written byCourtneyB January 19, 2010

Great!

This show is wonderful! My kids love it and have learned several things from watching!
Parent of a 2 year old Written byCharleyMarie December 12, 2009

Reading skills are built

I think this is a great show for kids. This is a show that can easily build writing snd reading skills.Each character has a talent and the differences between words, sentances, the alphabet and reading are discusssed each show. The only thing I don't like is that one girl wants to grow up to be a princess. I am over fairy tales.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bygeomommy December 5, 2009

Entertaining and Educational

My 2.5 year old loves it and it doesn't drive me crazy. He is able to play along with alpha pig right now and I can see him growing into "helping" the other super readers. This is a show we will be watching for a couple of years.
Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byamandasdaddy December 3, 2009

Great show!

My kids love this show. Helps to teach letters, forming words and is interactive. And, as an extra bonus, it's not mind numbing for parents.
Parent of a 2 and 2 year old Written byAmandaKMO October 17, 2009

Parent of a 2, 10, and 14 year old Written bypharesml October 2, 2009

Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 September 28, 2009

there......

there is nothing inaproprete about this show it's just that kids ages 2-3 might not be interested in the show or will just get no learning out of it because there to young to understand. but kids ages 4-5 will get learning out of it and will probably luv it.