All parent member reviews for Super WHY!

Adult Written bymlsseyes April 9, 2008

Great for all kid.

My three year old and even my 9month old loves this show.My two year old always interact with the show and my 9month old watches it as if he was Hypnotizes I think he loves the theme song and the colors. I wish they put Super Why on DVD so i can play it all the time.
Adult Written bymec92 April 9, 2008

The only show my son will watch!

This show is very entertaining to my 2+ toddler. It's the only show that holds his attention for the full runtime, and although it's difficult to say how it is directly influencing or promoting his literacy skills, the content is undeniably positive and stimulating. Though the majority of non-PBS TV is taboo in our household, I have absolutely no qualms about sitting him down to watch the Super WHY! show in its entirety.
Adult Written byGrammarMan April 9, 2008

Need more grammar enforcement

Super Why is great experience for both my sons, ages 8 years and 3 years. There is significant singing, dancing, learning and fun going on in our home when we watch Super Why. I would like to see more episodes which emphasize proper grammatic practices of the English language. With the advent of hand held communication devices and Instant Messaging, it seems that all rules and practice of proper grammar are tossed aside, and it is killing the English Language. Thanks for listening to someone from the "old" school.
Adult Written bythewind79 April 9, 2008

Outstanding! One of the best kid shows out there!

Super Why is a wonderful show. Very well done, really captures my son's attention and perked his interest in spelling and reading. He just turned three but, this is his favorite show. Now he notices words everywhere and wants to know what it says and how to spell it. He is starting to recognize words and can spell on, off, start and his name. He is working on more. I just can't say enough about this show. They made it educational and fun. My friends with kids all love the show too and never want to miss an episode.
Adult Written byzaura95 April 9, 2008

Very Educational!

I find this show to be very entertaining and educational for my 4 year old. My daughter absolutely loves this show and even I do not mind watching it with her.
Parent of a 5 year old Written bysecondverse27 April 9, 2008

Wonderful take on classic fairy tales

My 4 year old daughter loves to watch and rewatch this show. She loves to anticipate what fairy tale will be featured on the show today. We just discovered the show weeks ago and she is already in love. Watch and enjoy.
Adult Written bygrandma0506 April 9, 2008

Best Show ever

I have a 2 and a 3 year old grandson, who love this show...Both can say the alphabet, count past 20 and both say complete sentences...The daycare the boys attend can't believe how much my grandson know...My 3 year old can write the letters of the alphabet and he writes words...I can't wait to see the game so kids can play along or a dvd they can use...Who wouldn't want the Super Duper Computer for the Super Letters they find...Great Show PBS!!!
Adult Written byrowemom April 9, 2008

Excellent for Pre-Reading Skills!

What a great show! My three year old sings along with the opening as his 18 month old sister acts it out! It's a riot and it is teaching very important pre-reading and reading skills! As a special education teacher, I have also found the website very beneficial! I can't wait to get some episodes on DVD!
Adult Written byStaciele April 9, 2008

great new pbs show

My kids 2 1/2, 6, and 7 LOVE this show. We have TIVO'd all of them so far. I know my 6 year old has developed his reading skills from it and my 2 1/2 year old is recognizing letters. I just think it is a great new show for kids!
Adult Written byDaidokoro2 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byarmymom April 9, 2008

The best new kids show!!

My kids and all I know who watch it LOVE this show! It is great, teaching them how to read and how to be good friends/members of society. This is a MUST watch show for your children!
Adult Written byKGav April 9, 2008

Excellent programming!

My daughters (ages 4 and 2.5) love this show. They look forward to it every night. It has helped my younger daughter recognize all the letters and letter sounds and my older daughter is now able to read and spell nearly a dozen words. Plus, it teaches about problem solving and good lessons like "be yourself" and "ask first." Great, great programming - it's easily my favorite too!
Parent of a 10 year old Written byjaneybz April 9, 2008

Great for the pre-school crowd!

My 4 year old son and I really enjoy watching this program together! I think it is helping him with his letters and even sounding out words. Great show!
Adult Written byelizs77 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bycloud9wedding April 9, 2008

Best ever! WOW!

I love this show, it is fantastic and has so much to offer. Social stories, alphabet, phonics, rhyming, spelling reading, context, sentence structure! I could go on it is the best show I have ever seen for kids.
Adult Written bytxmomma April 9, 2008

Super Why! rocks

This is one of the best shows on tv! Kudos to PBS for their innovation and creativity with this program. My 3 1/2 year old and my 6 1/2 year old absolutely love to watch the show. Thanks PBS (and the Super Readers) for saving the day!
Adult Written bytabitha1tb April 9, 2008

This show is the greatest!!!

My 2 1/2 yr old LOVES this program. She's already begging for SUPER WHY DVD's. Problem is I can't find any. She gets up early every morning ready to watch and have her breakfast. It's a great way to get her brain active first thing in the morning. She loves it! I've never seen her so excited over something on TV (and we keep the channel on PBS continually). Thank you so much PBS. Hope to find DVDs soon.
Adult Written byMARIELYS April 9, 2008

Adult Written byCarland April 9, 2008

This show is fantastic!

I have a 2 year-old son and 4 year-old daughter and both LOVE this show. Sometimes I think my 2 year-old loves it more. They both ask for it all the time and watch it eagerly. My 2 year-old has already begun to identify some of the letters. I cannot praise Super Why enough. Thanks PBS for a great program!
Parent of a 1 and 4 year old Written byCountryMom27 April 9, 2008

Wonderful show - big hit with my 18 mo old and 4 yr old!

This is one of my four year old's favorite shows. I like it too. He loves super heroes, and I like the idea of the "super readers" to the rescue. The songs are cute, the pattern is repetitive (which my 18 mo old loves), the graphics are great, and I love the message. The team works together, looks to books for answers, finds letters, spells them out, interacts with the viewer, and then applies the lesson learned to an everyday situation. Some critics have commented that the fairy tales are changed, and isn't this a rather anthropomorphic view of the world? I disagree. I think it's fine to send the message that you can get what you want out of a story, and that if you want, you can change the endings. After all, I encourage my kids to pretend stories and change the endings when they don't work the way they want them to. Overall, an excellent show. I'm not a big fan of commercialization, but I would really like to see some related products released. My kids would love to play with Super Readers and their flying machines!