All parent member reviews for Super WHY!

Adult Written bykbeck10 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byangeljannali April 9, 2008
Adult Written bymama22 April 9, 2008

Good stuff!

Both of my kids 2 and 3 1/2 LOVE Wyatt and the gang. My 2 year old can identify the letters before the are highlighted on the show! Catchy tune for the intro, too.
Adult Written byrosejoy April 9, 2008

Awesome show for preschoolers!

My 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 year old LOVE Super Why!!! They respond to the characters when asked questions and they get really excited during the show. My 3 1/2 year old enjoys playing on the Super Why web site and they both like to watch the episodes over and over again throughout the week from the web site as well. I love the fact that I don't have to worry about the content of the show. It isn't scary or weird like so many children's shows can be these days. Super Why is a super great addition to preschool tv!
Adult Written byEditorMom April 9, 2008

Super Cool!

My 3.5-year-old took to this program the first time she saw it. She is sitting here next to me holding her very own spelling wand (a wooden spoon) and sounding out letters along with one of the characters. I love the activities, the way the program puts together reading for preschoolers -- from the nuts and bolts like letter/alphabet recognition to using context clues to basic phonetics. My daughter isn't being tricked into learning anything on this one. She knows she's learning something, and she's excited about it!
Adult Written bysuperwhyfan April 9, 2008

Helped my Daughter with her Eye Exams!

Sounds silly, but true. She has to wear a patch on her eye during the morning. Spying Super letters for her causes her to be comfortable at the eye doctor's office "spying super letters" on his chart! Well done...I appreciate the change to the traditional "grim (haha) fairy tales"...her emotional side wouldn't have like the true stories. Thanks
Adult Written bymlsseyes April 9, 2008

Great for all kid.

My three year old and even my 9month old loves this show.My two year old always interact with the show and my 9month old watches it as if he was Hypnotizes I think he loves the theme song and the colors. I wish they put Super Why on DVD so i can play it all the time.
Adult Written bymec92 April 9, 2008

The only show my son will watch!

This show is very entertaining to my 2+ toddler. It's the only show that holds his attention for the full runtime, and although it's difficult to say how it is directly influencing or promoting his literacy skills, the content is undeniably positive and stimulating. Though the majority of non-PBS TV is taboo in our household, I have absolutely no qualms about sitting him down to watch the Super WHY! show in its entirety.
Adult Written byGrammarMan April 9, 2008

Need more grammar enforcement

Super Why is great experience for both my sons, ages 8 years and 3 years. There is significant singing, dancing, learning and fun going on in our home when we watch Super Why. I would like to see more episodes which emphasize proper grammatic practices of the English language. With the advent of hand held communication devices and Instant Messaging, it seems that all rules and practice of proper grammar are tossed aside, and it is killing the English Language. Thanks for listening to someone from the "old" school.
Adult Written bythewind79 April 9, 2008

Outstanding! One of the best kid shows out there!

Super Why is a wonderful show. Very well done, really captures my son's attention and perked his interest in spelling and reading. He just turned three but, this is his favorite show. Now he notices words everywhere and wants to know what it says and how to spell it. He is starting to recognize words and can spell on, off, start and his name. He is working on more. I just can't say enough about this show. They made it educational and fun. My friends with kids all love the show too and never want to miss an episode.
Adult Written byzaura95 April 9, 2008

Very Educational!

I find this show to be very entertaining and educational for my 4 year old. My daughter absolutely loves this show and even I do not mind watching it with her.
Parent of a 5 year old Written bysecondverse27 April 9, 2008

Wonderful take on classic fairy tales

My 4 year old daughter loves to watch and rewatch this show. She loves to anticipate what fairy tale will be featured on the show today. We just discovered the show weeks ago and she is already in love. Watch and enjoy.
Adult Written bygrandma0506 April 9, 2008

Best Show ever

I have a 2 and a 3 year old grandson, who love this show...Both can say the alphabet, count past 20 and both say complete sentences...The daycare the boys attend can't believe how much my grandson know...My 3 year old can write the letters of the alphabet and he writes words...I can't wait to see the game so kids can play along or a dvd they can use...Who wouldn't want the Super Duper Computer for the Super Letters they find...Great Show PBS!!!
Adult Written byStaciele April 9, 2008

great new pbs show

My kids 2 1/2, 6, and 7 LOVE this show. We have TIVO'd all of them so far. I know my 6 year old has developed his reading skills from it and my 2 1/2 year old is recognizing letters. I just think it is a great new show for kids!
Adult Written byDaidokoro2 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byarmymom April 9, 2008

The best new kids show!!

My kids and all I know who watch it LOVE this show! It is great, teaching them how to read and how to be good friends/members of society. This is a MUST watch show for your children!
Adult Written byKGav April 9, 2008

Excellent programming!

My daughters (ages 4 and 2.5) love this show. They look forward to it every night. It has helped my younger daughter recognize all the letters and letter sounds and my older daughter is now able to read and spell nearly a dozen words. Plus, it teaches about problem solving and good lessons like "be yourself" and "ask first." Great, great programming - it's easily my favorite too!
Parent of a 10 year old Written byjaneybz April 9, 2008

Great for the pre-school crowd!

My 4 year old son and I really enjoy watching this program together! I think it is helping him with his letters and even sounding out words. Great show!
Adult Written byelizs77 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bycloud9wedding April 9, 2008

Best ever! WOW!

I love this show, it is fantastic and has so much to offer. Social stories, alphabet, phonics, rhyming, spelling reading, context, sentence structure! I could go on it is the best show I have ever seen for kids.