All member reviews for Superjail

Ultra-violent jailhouse cartoon is NOT for kids.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Parent of a 8 and 14 year old Written byRatedM_R April 2, 2011

Junior luvs this show, her fav is The Warden. To me Jared never disobey's a good role model, violence marries this show. my husband hates alice.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHWADOB May 7, 2011

Don't you dare show kids this show.

This show is absolutely inappropriate in every-way. Seriously. But, the 1 1/2 episodes I've seen have left me wanting more, it's completely addictive, all the colors and the crazy smooth animation, the absolute quirky and unique-ness set it apart from other Adult Swim shows *sigh* I wish I would be allowed to watch it :( But I even I know that it's completely inappropriate for someone my age and even a little bit older for me to watch
Kid, 10 years old April 2, 2011

Good for anyone over 9

This show is really good. It contains occasional language and some animated violence. But most of it is something most people 9-11 can handle.
Teen, 15 years old Written byuvkitty September 26, 2010

Very imaginative

Love the show, but too violent for young viewers.
Parent Written byMarinFan September 22, 2011

x-rated, but funny,

AWESOME show I want all the season 3 already and they didn't even AIR it yet, it has extreme graphic violence and explicit sex which gives the entire show a TV-MA V there's alot of Beer Drinking and bleeped words, but very smoothly animated and good for college kids
Adult Written bymedusaaa December 13, 2010

I want season 2 already!

Honestly if you don't like Superjail, then don't watch it or let your kids watch it. Don't whine about it. If people feel up to it and mature enough to watch it, then they will watch it. Some can appreciate the surreal art, and lack of plot and some people can't, simple as that.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMetropolisforever December 7, 2009

Dreadful, Dreadful Trash; Not for Anyone with a Brain

This dreadful piece of garbage is yet another one of Adult Swim's pathetic attempts to ante up the "shocking", "edgy" factor in their shows. While the creators of "Superjail!" really do try to be as offensive as humanly possible, it isn't shocking. It's just pathetic. If you're going to joke about prison rape and cancer, AT LEAST make it FUNNY. But no. The [as] crew is trying so hard to be "shocking" and "subversive" that they forgot to be funny. There is nothing even remotely amusing about any of this garbage. It's just 12 minutes of senseless, grotesque cartoon violence, loud noises, tasteless "jokes", and credits. If the creators were trying to be offensive, they failed. If they were trying to be funny, they REALLY failed. Don't waste any of your time on this sad, sorry excuse for a cartoon. Seriously. I mean it. Don't do it.
Kid, 9 years old June 4, 2009

Kind of disturbing

This show has ALOT of violence.Parents may want to watch a bit before letting kids watch this
Parent Written byhdgfdgfjsdfg August 19, 2011

SuperJail

I think superjail is a show that is ok for kids in collage.
Kid, 10 years old April 15, 2011

Good help me!

I had be flipping the channel and my remote broke it had been late at night so I didn't want to wake up anyone an I was on a channel that had been having Super jail on it I when to sleep ,Thank god, but I watched some of it and it was bad I can't erase it out of my memory and that a bad thing :(
Teen, 15 years old Written byHTFMime April 16, 2011

Prepare for extreme violence!

I watched this show last night and it was so violent as hell! I thought I was going to have nightmares forever! At first I thought this show would be great but it was just way too violent especially the part where the warden grab a cat and then rip its skin off! Oh that was so bad to watch! :(
Adult Written bywallaceson September 23, 2009

Adult Written byWizzDizz0007 June 10, 2011

Horrible

This Tv show is terrible, it isn't the slightest bit funny, it is the biggest waste of time, and to find it funny you have to be tripping on acid
Teen, 16 years old Written byPenguinFan July 11, 2011

Like Happy Tree Friends, but not clever or cute

What can I say...blood, blood, some nudity, more blood, and some more blood on top! The characters are all really ugly and none of them have any likeable personality traits, I really hate the Warden especially. Apart from the blood, there is a lot of nudity, a few times you can even catch some bare breasts, although they usually censor nudity with a black bar. This show can be amusing one or two times, like if you've never seen it before it's kind of entertaining, but watching it any more than that is a no-no. Like I say in the title, I would compare it most to Happy Tree Friends, but while that show is amusing, cute and nice to look at, and funny (sometimes not even having to resort to gore for humor!) this show is dark, ugly and just makes me want to change the channel. Maybe if the characters weren't all so nasty and disturbing I would give it another chance but no, it's not happening with me.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJacobIsaac June 14, 2011

A crazy, funny, fast-paced show

This is currently my favorite animated show. It may be short, but it's the most entertaining 12 minutes I've spent watching tv.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySuperHTF June 27, 2011

Sweet!

Their are SOME positve messages like not to get weed wacked...But yeah total bloodyness and Awesomeness!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byFrylock September 10, 2010

Very bouring and adult.

I watched it for one minute and then I turned it off. It was so random and bouring and adult. Skip it.
Teen, 17 years old Written byMoniteauAlto November 6, 2012

Good for Older Teens

"Superjail!" is a wonderful series for older teenagers and college-age kids. The biggest issue is the extreme violence. It is literally one of the most graphic animations on television today, but that is also the beauty of it. Throughout all the show's brutal violence lies great creativity and well-written story lines. There becomes more sexual innuendo as the series progresses, including an entire episode where the Warden falls for what appears to be a nudist woman. I think the only real problem this show could have on older kids is with the drug references. The series frequently displays various characters smoking, drinking, and even the use of illegal substances. These displays are often portrayed in a positive manner, leaving impressionable minds to think that drugs and alcohol are amazing things. On the flip side, there is the example of the character, Jared. Jared recovers many addictions and although his indulgence in such things give him temporary happiness, he usually ends of regretting everything. Other positive messages in the series include the relationship between Jean and Paul. Their relationship teaches acceptance to those who are gay/bi, and shows that they are just like everyone else. Also, although real prisons are not as deadly as Superjail, it should be a scary reason to why you should never end up in jail.
Teen, 13 years old Written byxxzbxld May 6, 2010

it probably encourages violence to people with impressionable minds.

who the hell would watch this. It is boring and i have no idea why anyone is interested in this show it is just violent and there is almost no plot to any of the episodes. I watch alot of other violent animated tv shows but those shows actually have a storyline to the episodes. I personally like most of the adultswim tv shows. This show is all blood and people getting killed. It think it is fine for most people to watch violent cartoons if there is a reason for why they are being violent even if it is a really stupid reason.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCartoongal1888 May 26, 2012

Are you kidding me..?

I cannot believe some of these reviews. Yes, this show is not good for your little kiddies. For you helicopter parents, why don't you check out the show instead of relying on reviews? It's obvious this show is meant for an older audience, as there is the "viewer discretion is advised" message before the show. I also cannot believe how people say this show is disgusting. I LOVE IT.The characters may not be "Good fort my kiddies!", but they are entertaining, like a real cartoon is suppose to be like. And not to teach your kids a lesson. P.S: HTFMime, the purpose of that scene was for characterization. It shows how The Warden is twisted. Also, the bunny was already dead.And how can you watch Happy Tree Friends, which has more ripping skin off also? Try to explain that one. So to wrap this up, this show isn't good for your little ones, as it will "Twist their minds" -sarcasm-.. But this show isn't made for your kids. If you are concerned, watch the show first from a parental view point, then just an adult perspective. It would probably be different.