All member reviews for Superjail

Ultra-violent jailhouse cartoon is NOT for kids.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Kid, 10 years old April 2, 2011

Good for anyone over 9

This show is really good. It contains occasional language and some animated violence. But most of it is something most people 9-11 can handle.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHWADOB May 7, 2011

Don't you dare show kids this show.

This show is absolutely inappropriate in every-way. Seriously. But, the 1 1/2 episodes I've seen have left me wanting more, it's completely addictive, all the colors and the crazy smooth animation, the absolute quirky and unique-ness set it apart from other Adult Swim shows *sigh* I wish I would be allowed to watch it :( But I even I know that it's completely inappropriate for someone my age and even a little bit older for me to watch
Parent of a 8 and 14 year old Written byRatedM_R April 2, 2011

Junior luvs this show, her fav is The Warden. To me Jared never disobey's a good role model, violence marries this show. my husband hates alice.
Kid, 11 years old March 9, 2009

Best Show in the World; if you're over 12.

I LOVE Superjail. Loved it since I was ten. I'l eleven now, and I still love it. The pure originalness of it is what attracts me to it: Super Genius Troublemaking Twins, one Psychopathic Warden, etc, but if you're a parent, maybe this show isn't so great for you. It gives no teaching morals and has extreme violence; and that's okay if you're kids quite advanced. They'll KNOW it's just a silly cartoon, they KNOW it's fake. But for younger children, it could scare them (it freaks me out sometimes too) and it could give them a bad example of what life is really like in the prison. Over all, it's a lovely show, really. Just...innapropiate.
Teen, 17 years old Written byMoniteauAlto November 6, 2012

Good for Older Teens

"Superjail!" is a wonderful series for older teenagers and college-age kids. The biggest issue is the extreme violence. It is literally one of the most graphic animations on television today, but that is also the beauty of it. Throughout all the show's brutal violence lies great creativity and well-written story lines. There becomes more sexual innuendo as the series progresses, including an entire episode where the Warden falls for what appears to be a nudist woman. I think the only real problem this show could have on older kids is with the drug references. The series frequently displays various characters smoking, drinking, and even the use of illegal substances. These displays are often portrayed in a positive manner, leaving impressionable minds to think that drugs and alcohol are amazing things. On the flip side, there is the example of the character, Jared. Jared recovers many addictions and although his indulgence in such things give him temporary happiness, he usually ends of regretting everything. Other positive messages in the series include the relationship between Jean and Paul. Their relationship teaches acceptance to those who are gay/bi, and shows that they are just like everyone else. Also, although real prisons are not as deadly as Superjail, it should be a scary reason to why you should never end up in jail.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCartoongal1888 May 26, 2012

Are you kidding me..?

I cannot believe some of these reviews. Yes, this show is not good for your little kiddies. For you helicopter parents, why don't you check out the show instead of relying on reviews? It's obvious this show is meant for an older audience, as there is the "viewer discretion is advised" message before the show. I also cannot believe how people say this show is disgusting. I LOVE IT.The characters may not be "Good fort my kiddies!", but they are entertaining, like a real cartoon is suppose to be like. And not to teach your kids a lesson. P.S: HTFMime, the purpose of that scene was for characterization. It shows how The Warden is twisted. Also, the bunny was already dead.And how can you watch Happy Tree Friends, which has more ripping skin off also? Try to explain that one. So to wrap this up, this show isn't good for your little ones, as it will "Twist their minds" -sarcasm-.. But this show isn't made for your kids. If you are concerned, watch the show first from a parental view point, then just an adult perspective. It would probably be different.
Adult Written bymedusaaa December 13, 2010

I want season 2 already!

Honestly if you don't like Superjail, then don't watch it or let your kids watch it. Don't whine about it. If people feel up to it and mature enough to watch it, then they will watch it. Some can appreciate the surreal art, and lack of plot and some people can't, simple as that.
Teen, 14 years old Written byRicky Stan December 26, 2009

Pretty cool for teens but may be too volient for kids.

This show is awesome, it has very good action from the Warden and comedy from thr Twins.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMetropolisforever December 7, 2009

Dreadful, Dreadful Trash; Not for Anyone with a Brain

This dreadful piece of garbage is yet another one of Adult Swim's pathetic attempts to ante up the "shocking", "edgy" factor in their shows. While the creators of "Superjail!" really do try to be as offensive as humanly possible, it isn't shocking. It's just pathetic. If you're going to joke about prison rape and cancer, AT LEAST make it FUNNY. But no. The [as] crew is trying so hard to be "shocking" and "subversive" that they forgot to be funny. There is nothing even remotely amusing about any of this garbage. It's just 12 minutes of senseless, grotesque cartoon violence, loud noises, tasteless "jokes", and credits. If the creators were trying to be offensive, they failed. If they were trying to be funny, they REALLY failed. Don't waste any of your time on this sad, sorry excuse for a cartoon. Seriously. I mean it. Don't do it.
Kid, 11 years old November 23, 2009

WAAAY too violent

I looooooove it!!!! This is my favorite show ever!!! There is an overdose of violence, and sex, and psycho people. The robot usually rips people in half, and everyone dies in brutal ways. very disturbing. There is also a Transfestite I do believe, named Alice? I could be wrong though.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byMr. Boxbox November 7, 2009

Hilarious and extremly interesting show with non stop gory cartoon violence. fine for teens and even preteens should be ok with it.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byZachary Sohrab November 3, 2009

GRAPHIC VIOLENCE

GRAPHIC VIOLENCE WILL OCCUR! The reason I said good role models is because One character, Jared always tries to advise the warden that this is NOT a good idea. But no one listens to him. In one episode he is a recovered alcohollic but goes insane and drinks a lot.
Kid, 10 years old September 14, 2009

Superjail, good show, bad gore, messages and sex

I think this show is one of the best adultswim shows ever! But, it also displays greusome amounts of over-the-top graphic violence and has a transexual guard the Warden falls deeply in love with but has no realization of the transexuality of his love. Jared is bullied around by the Warden and Alice. Jailbot aslo kills many people and Jacknife, the main inmate/criminal, often does unspeakble crimes. In the episode "Ladies Night" when the female "Ultraprison", the female Superjail, crashlands, their is excessive sexual innuendo and activity, also some homosexual prisoners have sexual interactions and some suggestive lines.
Adult Written bysecretpony November 9, 2008

Theres a reason its called ADULT swim.

I watch this show, and I enjoy it. But I am an ADULT. Theres a reason the station is called Adult Swim, and plays late at night.Not to mention that the rating is TV-MA. If your children are watching this and you don't like it, that is your own fault. Get a TV blocker.
Adult Written byMissCritic94 March 21, 2013

A Disturbing,Twisted, and Hilarious Show That is Definitely not for Children

To me, this show has ultra violence and a lot of drug references that shouldn't be suited for kids. I watched Superjail and it's a HUGE mess with no message to be heard through out the show. However, one thing that I like about the show is that there are likable characters that are very memorable. My favorite character has to be The Warden. He's almost like a Twisted version of Willy Wonka. Also, there are few jokes that are so funny. In all, this low rated series is more for Teens or Adults. NOT for children
Parent of a 11 and 14 year old Written byDhalim January 13, 2013

Gross, but not bad.

This show is pretty nasty, but at least it's better than watching Happy Tree Friends. This show has gross characters that people want dead, that is why they die so that this show is understandable. Happy Tree Friends on the other hand, is a bad idea because it has cute animals we want alive, but the animals end up dying, that is why Superjail is able to be watched instead of Happy Tree Friends. Oh, and at least the characters on Superjail actually talk, but on Happy Tree Friends the characters just sit there and speak gibberish to each other. So overall this show is way better than Happy Tree Friends.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLu Bu December 1, 2012

I can tolerate this

This show is not that bad, it may be gory, but the characters are ugly, so that is the point, and it does have some funny parts.
Parent Written byMarinFan September 22, 2011

x-rated, but funny,

AWESOME show I want all the season 3 already and they didn't even AIR it yet, it has extreme graphic violence and explicit sex which gives the entire show a TV-MA V there's alot of Beer Drinking and bleeped words, but very smoothly animated and good for college kids
Parent Written byhdgfdgfjsdfg August 19, 2011

SuperJail

I think superjail is a show that is ok for kids in collage.
Teen, 16 years old Written byPenguinFan July 11, 2011

Like Happy Tree Friends, but not clever or cute

What can I say...blood, blood, some nudity, more blood, and some more blood on top! The characters are all really ugly and none of them have any likeable personality traits, I really hate the Warden especially. Apart from the blood, there is a lot of nudity, a few times you can even catch some bare breasts, although they usually censor nudity with a black bar. This show can be amusing one or two times, like if you've never seen it before it's kind of entertaining, but watching it any more than that is a no-no. Like I say in the title, I would compare it most to Happy Tree Friends, but while that show is amusing, cute and nice to look at, and funny (sometimes not even having to resort to gore for humor!) this show is dark, ugly and just makes me want to change the channel. Maybe if the characters weren't all so nasty and disturbing I would give it another chance but no, it's not happening with me.