All member reviews for Superman: The Animated Series

Is it a bird or a plane? No, it's a super series!

Parent of a 1 and 3 year old Written byBarbietsah November 6, 2013

Be Involved

You really should be there to guide your child through the messages. They can muddy things. I also think that this is really JUST entertainment...the positive messages are not obvious and that is why a parent should be there to lead the viewing experience.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMitchell Charleston June 17, 2013

Classic Superman cartoon.

Superman: The Animated Series will always be a classic in my book. Nice animation, very good voice acting, and everything.
Kid, 12 years old August 27, 2009

superman is the best

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!! awesome show the 1 and 2 seasons were really good. the 1 and 2 seasons are good for 9+ BUT THE 3 SEASON IS WAY TO VIOLENT FOR A KIDS SHOW I AND I AM 12 AND I GOT freaked out AT SOME senes the 3 season is for 11+
Parent Written byroshanb March 15, 2016

bff

great show
Parent Written bynunyadbiznus March 7, 2016

Language and dialog inappropriate for kids

I haven't watched much of this, just skipped around a few episodes. I heard one female character call another a "two-bit tart," and the female characters aren't modestly dressed. I heard "ass" and lots of "OMG" exclamations, not to mention the incessant violence. It's not acceptable in my home.
Kid, 12 years old February 5, 2012

Not as fast as Batman The Animated Series, but just as beautiful

Superman: The Animated Series might be a little to slow to capture kids, under the age of 7, attention. It takes a little while to get the plot rolling along. The writing is amazing because of Paul Dini. (the writer and maker of Batman: The Animated Series, Animaniacs, and Tiny Toon Adventures) Superman can rarley stop a battle without using his powers against the enemy which leads to a lot of action sequences. Super is a positive role model who puts the city before himself and what the right thing to do is.
Adult Written bypaulroot98 October 22, 2010

good for kids 7+ years old

love it
Adult Written bydan555 April 9, 2008

One of the best comic book based shows around.

This show is rated TVY7FV, not TVY7!