All member reviews for Supernanny

Modern-day Poppins is more for parents than kids.

Kid, 11 years old January 4, 2011

EPIC

LOVE IT! One thing you gotta know about me I'm ADDICTED to reality shows (like this) Here comes the reviews: Highlights... Joe (supernanny) is a great role model for parents since she has great parenting skills. Concerns... In all the episodes the kids are always out of control and they're definitely not good role models. The parents are also not good role models since sometimes they could be abusive. They're is some mild swearing but anything too bad is always bleeped. I <3 it!
Teen, 13 years old Written bybkid December 20, 2010

Supernanny is the best role model for parenting. There is uncensored language like "p*ssed", "hell"and "d*mn". All other language, "fingers", and "privates" are censored.
Teen, 15 years old Written byholly525 March 11, 2011

Great Show

Great for parenting tips. I love this show and I'm not even a parent. It has some language and mature content, but it is stuff you may need to deal with as a parent.
Adult Written bymarlajfish@aol.com January 8, 2009

We watch this show together

Our family loves this show. I've been watching it with my kids since they were little. We talk about the families and how they could be doing things better to get along as a family. We discuss the methods of discipline and how the moms and dads could get the kids to behave, and how the kids should act. We all take something away from watching the show for our own family.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygrant12 July 21, 2015

Great!

this is a great show. it is inappropriate at times, such as naked babies or small kids, swearing and such. 10 and up can handle it, but be safe and say 11
Kid, 11 years old October 24, 2014

Great Show For Tweens & Familes

I started watching this show when I was 8. It's a good show for families to learn from.
Kid, 12 years old August 6, 2014

Like spongebob

Don't let your kids watch this show if you know their gonna copy it(like spongebob).
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn June 13, 2013

Kids might learn that its wrong to fight and misbehvae but this is more for parents than kids

Teen, 14 years old Written byIsabel14 March 5, 2013

Not all that bad

This is a good show. As long as kids don't copy the behavior it's fine.
Educator and Parent Written byCommonSenseChristian December 31, 2012

Kids, Stay in the Nursery for This One

This is another show that's good, but definitely not for children. Jo Frost knows her stuff, and it shows. The show's most positive point is that families truly come out appreciating each other more and behaving better toward each other after using her techniques. And Jo will pull no punches if a parent is lazy, a pushover, or abusive. The danger to kids is that they will either think the behavior is funny and/or imitable (backtalking teenagers, aggressive, foul-mouthed children), or that they will absorb negative messages about their own parents. For example, one thing I don't agree with in this show is, the father is rarely if ever a positive leader in his home. He is either a pushover, a whiny extra child, or a blowhard who smacks his kids around and acts like his wife should stay in the kitchen. Meanwhile, the wives can be pretty whiny, aggressive, or doormat-ish themselves. These are not families, at least in the beginning stage, that discerning parents, especially those of the Judeo-Christian persuasion, should ever emulate. On another note, on the two occasions Christianity plays a role, it's negative (one mon says "I forgive you" while spanking her daughter; the other Christian parent is a preacher who doesn't step up to the plate at home). Heavy language is bleeped, but there are instances of milder profanities and negative words, even down to a three-year-old threatening his mom. Kids kick, hit, bite, and in general beat each other up, and yes, I do consider spanking negative. (One father repeatedly smacks children with his belt on camera). In short: parents and mature teens can watch, and as noted, they can learn valuable techniques from Jo. But kids, you're not yet ready for this nanny.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLu Bu November 24, 2012

Wow, this really sucks

C'mon parents, how do you enjoy this crap. You think this sets an example to people!? well guess what. IT DOES NOT! and here is why, this is mediocre crap about parents who are too dumb and lazy to raise there brat child, so they have to send some fat woman to do the job for them. This is ridiculous. If parents are really that bad at raising their kid,they could at least read the bible to them. But for god sake this show is a good show to watch if parents want to criticize how bad a parent is at teaching their butthole children how to act like a godforsaken normal child. I never thought people would be this desperate at raising their loved ones.
Kid, 11 years old July 25, 2012

(Ok

I seldom watch this with my siblings (8,13) and my mom. Lots of the kids use language and, there is violence between kids, the nanny, and the parents.
Kid, 12 years old July 19, 2012

Can be a bad example to young kids.

Supernanny shows a good message by showing the parents discipline kids, but the kids can be misbehaving and even very mild violent. There was one episode when a dad was drunk. Anyone 10 and up should understand that they are not supposed to act the way the misbehaving kids act.
Kid, 11 years old July 1, 2011

AWESOME!

This is a AWESOME Show!!
Kid, 11 years old May 22, 2011

I love the show

I like the show but I wish my dad has the ablity get through a whole episode without making a comment unless he says that one of the family members look like a celeberty.
Kid, 10 years old May 6, 2011

This show = Epic

Cool
Kid, 10 years old April 18, 2011

i hate it so much!
Teen, 14 years old Written bystripesanddots November 6, 2010

Love this show! Jo visits families with nautghty kids and helps them make a plan for the future.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHTFMime November 6, 2010

As long kids don't copy the behavior on this show then that's okay.
Parent of a 3, 5, 8, 10, and 11 year old Written bysamhighley June 11, 2010

good for 8-9+ good messages. READ

nice show loved it until they took it of my tv pack with dish... but toddlers may mimick the naughty behaviour... older kids, though, may mimick the positive turnouts as they have a better understanding of the concept of the reality show.