All member reviews for Supernatural

Terrifying guilty pleasure is iffy for sensitive teens.

Teen, 15 years old Written byDamon Lover July 1, 2011

rofl-iffy for 16-17?????

rofl! Iffy for 16-17??? OMD. sex-oh my gosh the ony sexual thing about this show is the words that come out of deans mouth. It implies that because of his "bad boy" nature that he might have shared a one night stand with a girl. But thats not the point of the show! look past it people! Violence-okay, who wants to watch a show that doesn't look real? No one is forcing you to watch it, it's meant for only the viewers that can handle, so dont give it a bad review becuase you're 8 year old can't see it because its not meant for them!! As far as deeinking goes, dean does get drunk sometimes, but he's of age, and it just adds to the humor in the show, its not promoting you to go out and drink! LOVE THIS SHOW IF YOU CAN HANDLE IT YOU SHOULD WATCH IT!!!
Adult Written byParranormalHour February 5, 2012

You've got to be kidding me

Honestly I started laughing when I read this, iffy for 16 and 17. They only have a year or two before they can do whatever they want! Anyway, yes there is sex, and unless you become a nun or priest you will probably have it. Next yes they drink but they over 21 it's legal and is a part of their lifestyle. Also they fight supernatural things which in all honesty aren't pretty and are creepy but there is so much make up on these actors it is laughable (Just watch the first episode). And the language I don't consider an issue unless your kid starts saying thinks like "assbutt". Okay moving on from all that there is a strange positive message and its — "fight, no matter what the odds" that seems pretty positive to me. And finally the gore, yes there is gore if you can't take it don't watch but just because you can't take don't tell your kid they can't watch it, the gore isn't that bad.
Parent of a 12 and 15 year old Written byAerynS December 31, 2011

Good for teens and a great disscusion starter

Supernatural is a show that can often be found on our TV at home. My 15 year old daughter loves this show and watches it when ever she can. My 12 year old also enjoys this show. I do not allow him to watch episodes however until either my husband or myself have watched it. Most of the time we will allow him to watch the entire episode but there have been a couple of times that we have decided to skip a scene or two. Though many parents have issues with Supernatural I personally find it to be a very good discussion starter with my kids, especially with my 12 year old. It allows us to discuss what is not appropriate and why. I believe that what is appropriate for a child to watch is completely up to the parents but I personally believe that this is a great show for teenagers who love the supernatural.
Parent Written byRoseywater August 7, 2012

Adult Only

Do not let your children watch this! Promotes sex,violence, using and blatantly shows extremely graphic content. Women are merely objects.....need I say more?
Parent of a 12, 13, 13, 13, 13, and 13 year old Written bymisskristin August 20, 2010

I think its ok for teens

I love this show and my kids also loved watching it until we were told it was not appropriate for them. The violence is not realistic and deals with monsters and ghosts primarily, so with proper parental supervision and discussion teens can understand it is make believe.
Teen, 17 years old Written byalexisemerald94 June 26, 2012

Supernatural changed my life

I've been watching this show since season two, which was airing when I was 11-12. Honestly, Supernatural changed me for the better. The mythology of the show inspired me to learn more about other cultures and religions. Each episode brings something new to the table - a new creature, lore from all over the world, so much information about different cultures. This show, I think, is what really got me into history and culture from a young age. That's not all that's good about Supernatural. While the show looks like two guys shooting monsters to an outsider, any fan can tell you that that's not really what it's about. Supernatural, at its very core, is a tale of two brothers who would die for each other (and do, several times over). This show is all about loyalty to friends and family, and the importance of loving one another. Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) would die for each other. Dean practically raised Sam. One brother would sacrifice everything for the other, and that's what family's about: sacrifice. It's so intense watching the dynamic between the brothers. Yes, they fight. No, they don't always agree, but ultimately, they do what's right for their family, and that's what makes Supernatural one of the best shows I've ever seen. I've been watching since I was 11, and this show never gave me nightmares. I don't curse just because Sam and Dean do. Yeah, they drink, but so what? At 11, it didn't bother me, and it still doesn't. While this show is not for the sensitive child (or teen; I have friends who can't watch it because it terrifies them), it's an excellent piece of television. Because I started watching it early, I'd say this show is okay for preteens who aren't easily scared.
Teen, 13 years old Written byxoxodessitoo June 21, 2010

My favorite show

I love it! I love it! Dean and Sam are the best! I don't think it's scary. If you like handsome guys (like Dean and Sam), want something a little bit scary and amazing story - this is your show!
Adult Written byplexfrew February 7, 2010

Fine for Teens and Tweens

I thoroughly enjoy this show. While it can be occasionally violent and sexual, it isn't terribly graphic, considering modern standards. I especially like the way this show address the theme of family and loyalty. While Sam and Dean are morally fallible, they try to be good people, which ultimately seems more important and certainly more interesting. Also, by season 4, it addresses theological issues in an eschatological sense - not necessarily accurately, but definitely provocatively. I would recommend this show to kids who can handle scary situations and follow a mildly convoluted plot.
Teen, 15 years old Written byOGORMAN January 17, 2011

Paranormal thriller is not for the squeamish.

I love this show for its creepiness factor! I have a few seasons on my IPod that I watch all of the time... Even at night when I'm alone in my basement and it's pitch black. I know that's not good for my sanity as far as thinking something's gonna get me while I'm sleeping but that's just how I watch shows like this and Ghost Hunters. It makes it more fun... Swearing is quite common between the Winchester brothers but that should be the least of your worries when watching; images of ghosts and other supernatural beings still give me nightmares at times, especially the episodes about the ladies in white (don't know what I'm talking about? Google it.) Just make sure your not too sensitive or squeamish before watching this. Comments? Questions? Concerns? Email me: ogormanscommonsense at yahoo. :)
Teen, 17 years old Written byLaoiseMc April 28, 2013

Undying Love

This show is well worth watching, and way deeper than you would imagine. The series follows two brothers, Sam and Dean who have lost everything - their mother, father, family and friends, and are now hell bent on destroying the demon who murdered their mother. They stand for any good left in the world, helping whoever they can along the way, as well as confronting their own inner demons. Their relationship with each other, as well as some of the people they meet, is a large factor in the show, showing family is the most important thing, and they would destroy the world to save the ones they love most. Both brothers would die for each other and stay by each others side till the end. And in a lighter prospective, this show is also, funny, intelligent, and witty, with a bit of romance, and if I'm allowed say this, really special. It has made me, laugh, cry, and smile and is well worth a look!
Parent of a 11 year old Written byKarenScott December 23, 2012

Definitely some good role models and positive messages here

First of all, this is insane. No positive role models or messages? No. The entire first season is about two brothers looking for their father and bonding. Throughout the entire show you learn how important family is. Sam and Dean, the main characters, risk their own lives to save other people. Defiantly lots of good role models. On the other hand, there is mild cursing and violence. There are also lots of episodes that will keep kids checking under their beds for monsters at night, and there is occasional sex. I would say 13 and up is a good age.
Parent Written byDark_Princess May 14, 2012

Teen, 14 years old Written byIgnis Graecus January 21, 2011

Absolutely love this show, and have been watching it for seven years now. Only thing you need to watch out for is Deans mouth, otherwise, its just a corny Saturday night curl up. The violence isn't a problem, though people with weak stomachs and minds might be affected.
Adult Written bytvgirl June 30, 2009

This Show Will be Remembered for Years to Come

This show is a classic in the making. Brothers Sam and Dean Winchester go on the road across America to fight demons, ghouls, ghosts, creatures, and other bizarre monsters that go bump in the night. It is exceptionally violent. Lots of guts, blood, and gore shown from episode to episode depending on the type of monster they are hunting. A running gag is that there is one sex scene per season because one of the brothers "gets laid". The brothers drink a lot, especially Dean. Language is frequent and sometimes strong, but sometimes (for humor's sake) they have been bleeped. The only bad role model image of the show is that the brothers steal credit cards and commit identity theft to survive, by doing so they must lie to people left and right about who they are. Highlights is that even past the whole action-drama-horror image the show has strong family vaules showing that family is the most important thing in life. Bottom line: The show is normally rated TV-14 DLV. Ages 15+. 5/5 stars. Enjoy.
Adult Written byINMH March 24, 2012

Five Stars :D

I absolutely love this show, but I am sometimes shocked at the stuff they manage to get away with at primetime on the CW. I do think that the show spins a lot of positive messages about family, love, loyalty and selflessness, it also has the kind of humor and situations where your kid should have a certain maturity level before watching it (if you don't want them repeating certain words that are thrown around on the show)
Teen, 13 years old Written bykimi15gr July 25, 2011

Best show ever - read on...

I started watching this show just after my 13th b-day. It's the best show ever, a suspense, edge-of-your-seat kind of show. It is a little creepy sometimes, and it does keep me awake at night listening to every creak of the stairs (I've always been a bit of a wimp) but it's the best show ever. The violence isn't really an issue, but since I've never really enjoyed horrors too much I just don't look at the bloodiest parts like head-chopping, bloody deaths, etc. Overall, if you don't like it, just don't watch it. I think that this show could easily make the top three of my fave movies/shows and Dean and Sam are amazing characters. I usually watch the show with my dad and we both really like it. I also agree with Koi-Pie that Dean and Sammy (espiecially Dean) are hotties ;) I personally love it but I don't recommend it for younger siblings especially if you share a room (they will keep you up at night - 'I had a nightmare' kind of thing). Thinking about watching it? Do :)
Teen, 13 years old Written bySilva Adrianiel May 7, 2011

Don't pay attention to the age rating!

*rolls around laughing* Seriously?! Iffy for 16-18? Now, I don't know about other kids my age, but this is perfectly fine for younger kids as long as they aren't too squeamish. Sure, there's blood, but it would fake without it. Sure it's scary, but what else would you expect from a show like this? Sure there's bad words, but I ignore them. Plus, the swearing just fits Dean's character. Sure there's a few sex scenes, but I just open another tab on the computer during those and come back when they're over because I have no interest in them! Yer, not all kids are like me and they can't take the violence and blood, but just because it's there shouldn't discourage them from watching it! It is a great show!
Kid, 12 years old December 22, 2010

Guilty pleasure

This is one of my MANY guilty pleasures. This is the most recent though. Yes I know that I am a little late. I was watching Vampire Diaries and there was a commercial for this show and I thought why not? I tried it and I thought it was one of those begginers horror shows. As it turned out, it was pretty good. I love it! I am most likely to young to be watching it but, as I said, guilty pleasures.
Adult Written byThatKrazyGuy March 29, 2010

Better Than "The X-Files"!

Supernatural is rated TV-14 for occult themes, strong violence, gore, mild language, and occasional strong sexual content.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykittykat12313 November 1, 2013

Supernatral

OMG!!! Best tv show ever Sam and Dean are soooooo hot plus it has a great story line. The new season just came out parents check it out for you kid if you must. But I worn you you'll get hooked