All teen and kid member reviews for Supernatural

Teen, 16 years old Written byLeilabeth October 20, 2013

Love it!

Ok so I personally adore this show. It's definitely my all time favorite. I started watching it when I was 13 and I mean I was a fairly mature 13 year old and I didn't have any issues with blood, gore or sexual themes. But if you do (especially with gore as there's a LOT of stabbing and beheading and pretty much anything you can think of) then I do not suggest you watch this. However if you don't then go for it! And don't watch it if you scare easily... The first few seasons are the scariest but all the seasons are crucial to watch. It's currently in the ninth season (the third episode is airing this coming Tuesday) and the other eight are on Netflix.
Teen, 15 years old Written byIWatchTooMuchTv October 8, 2013

LOVE this show.

This is a show that really just depends on the person. If you have a week stomach, I wouldn't recommend it ( as there are beheadings, plenty of blood splatters, sometimes gruesome bodies, and the likes.) However, horror wise, its often toned down by several comical moments throughout the episode. I get frightened easily with ghost movies, but this show doesn't scare me at all. Besides the violence there is an occasional sex scene, but often times they're not very graphic. There are quite a few references though, usually for a comical reason. But they aren't very crude, and could possibly go over younger teens heads. There's controversy over how bad of role models the Winchesters are. True, the boys (especially Dean), have a very casual attitude towards sex, enjoy a beer, and dont feel very remorseful towards killing (though they kill things to save people). But personally, I think that's what makes them such great characters.They aren't almighty heroes. They seem real. And when it comes down to it, they do what they do to save lives. And the boys would do ANYTHING for each other, which offers up some very strong messages about the importance of family. As for drinking and drugs, the Winchesters enjoy a beer about every episode, but are rarely shown getting drunk. Demon's blood is acted as a drug, but its not glorified and is shown to overall have gruesome effects. To sum it all up, if you can stomach it, I highly recommend it.
Kid, 12 years old September 19, 2013

Fantastic!

Supernatural is a great show for people who love a good scare. Parents and children alike enjoy this show, but if you don't take scary movies well, Supernatural is not for you. I first saw it when I was 10 or 11 and found it scary but fantastic. It contains A LOT of violence eg. Chopping off heads, burning bodies e.t.c. It contains some swearing... Mostly 'son of a b*****'. The protagonist, Dean, is often seen at a pub getting drunk or drinking a lot. Some episodes contain sex but it is very easy to predict by telling your child to close their eyes. Not much is seen in the sex scenes.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymisfits1013 March 16, 2013

Depends on the viewer...

I love this show! Great characters, great writing, and creepy. This is the perfect show for anyone who is a horror fan. Now to the content...I personally think the iffy for 16 rating is a little extreme. Some episodes are may be okay for kids 13 and up. But as the series goes on, the more gory it gets. I have been very surprised at some of the more disturbing episodes later on in the show ("Family Remains" is one to watch out for). I've seen up to season 8, but there have been a couple torture scenes so far (nothing is really shown in great detail, but is still very dark and disturbing). To name a few of the gorier stuff that occurs in most episodes: people get teeth pulled, nails ripped out, a guy starts peeling his face away, lots of beheading, necks and wrists getting slit, any episode involving witchcraft is gruesome, disturbing shots of dismembered or eaten corpses, a surplus of blood and plenty more. Expect to see some things you'd normally see in a R rated horror film. And the beginning of every episode usually features something scary or gory. Not to mention the language gradually gets more noticeable as well: b***h (which is used all the time in every episode), ass, d**k, some uses of s**t and f**k but they are either implied or bleeped. Dean occasionally uses the word, mofo (which stands for motherf***er). As for sexual content, nothing too bad. Sometimes the dialog can be explicit. It's mostly Dean's references. Occasionally the characters go to a strip club on a case. There is usually one or two sex scenes every season, but they are not overly explicit. Last but not least, drinking. The characters drink in most episodes. Dean and Sam occasionally get drunk. Bobby is always drinking and referred to as a drunk by characters. Overall, I'm giving this a 15 and up. The first two seasons are probably okay for 14, 13, and maybe 12. Season 4 is particularly violent and seasons 4-5 will most likely offend people who are very religious. Overall, the main concern is the violence (I know some adults who can't even handle it). It depends on the episode as well. Some of the story lines can be disturbing enough without the added gore. Know your kid and watch out for most of the episodes in later seasons. Hope I've helped. :)
Kid, 12 years old September 21, 2012

THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!

I love the show, i watch it all the time with my parents and they love it too. Kids that cant handle violence maybe shouldnt be watching it but kids that are more mature should definatley watch it. I know the show isnt real. There are no sex parts and they dont smoke. Parents that think it shouldnt be for 12 year olds, you should really back off. You obviously havent watched it.... they only kill monsters so i know its not real. I LOVE THE SHOW! And i think 12 year olds should watch it too. If your child wants to watch it let them because it would be stupid if they didnt!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bybethroxy January 13, 2011
Love this show. "Guilty pleasure"? No, it's just a good show. My parents used to let me watch this when I was 11. It scared me pretty badly back then, but now it doesn't scare me at all, and it's my favourite show. Don't let kids under 13 watch this TV show. It can get pretty brutal, and it is a question of age aswell as maturity as to whether you should let your child watch this show.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjhae September 4, 2010

Good for the mature teen.

Kid, 10 years old January 12, 2010

Not for young kids.

If you can handle it, you can watch it. Very gory in some scenes, violent scariness. I watch a few episodes sometimes but my parents watch it first.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMissconcerned February 1, 2016

Supernatural

It's an amazing show though it's not for kids. I love it, though of you are someone who doesn't like creepy stuff then this show isn't for you.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycoolham123 January 17, 2016

Amazing

Just started watching it. It is so good!
Teen, 16 years old Written byAccioFirebolt January 8, 2016

One of my favourite shows

It is a horror style TV series with dark themes, but humourous through the two main characters Sam and Dean. There is quite a bit of violence/supernatural creatures, which can be frightening to smaller children. I personally think it's a fantastic TV series, keeping you on the edge of your seat but being quite hilarious as well.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBookNerd464 January 2, 2016
Teen, 13 years old Written byPopfun123 December 25, 2015

Depends on how scared you get

I think that this tv show should be based on how you personally think you can handle it. The show is scary and has jump scares and scary topics but not as much as a horror movie. If you get scared easily don't watch it but if you don't go right ahead. The show is also pretty gory but not that inappropriate.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysydneyhowell December 23, 2015

This show is so good!

I let my little sister watch this show and she loves it because she loves the action and adventure! Disney channel shows are lame now a days. This has some real action! Dean is a good role model!
Teen, 14 years old Written byAnangryreviewer December 14, 2015

The insider look.

Okay, I'll be honest. Yes, Supernatural does contain drinking, swearing, mind sex scenes, and intense violence. But, and that's a very strong but, it also contains good role models and messages. It annoys me when people say that women are just objects in this show. Yes, it does portray prostitutes, but it has so much more for girls to look up to. Ellen & Jo Harvelle, who never let a man tell them what to do or boss them around. Charlie Bradbury, who stood up to one of the most terrifying creatures in existence to save others. Lisa Braedon, who had the courage to confront her boyfriend about yelling at her child, something many women wouldn't have the nerve to do. I could go on with side characters. But if you're looking for a wonderful show that portrays two loving brothers who, however many mistakes they make, will always accept each other back with open arms? Not to mention expert plotlines, wonderful actors, and kick-butt ladies? This is it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDarkHax10 October 25, 2015

Definitely not for kids under 13

First off, it's not for kids under 13 years old; there's just to much nudity, violence and drugs. 13-14 years old is okay, just as long as you talk with them before hand and straighten everything out about what's going to be in the show. 15+ is perfectly fine, just with the occasional talk or so. On to the actual show, there's a lot of violence. This show is basically about hunting monsters and killing them, so there's obviously going to be a lot of violence. There's also quite a bit of nudity, as the one of the protagonists, Dean, is quite lustful towards woman and therefore, a bunch of sex scenes. Dean and his brother Sam (and basically most other hunters) are quite the drinkers in terms of alcohol. With this being a mature show, there's going to be a lot of swearing, so be ready for that. That aside, the actual show is really, really good. It's a fun, funny, and enigmatic show, leaving you to guess what's going to happen next. It explores a lot of different mythologies, but it mainly focuses on the christian faith, so if you're of faith, you should consider that, because you're mainly going to become the butt of the joke. Overall it's a fun and awesome show to watch, but watch out for the faith part.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytheroadsofar October 20, 2015

My favourite

First of all, I want to say that I started watching this show when I was twelve and I was not bothered by it in any way. Then again, I'm not easily bothered by anything anyways which is why I think 13 would be a good age to start with. Like many people have said, it really is a know-your-kid/self situation. The show is beautifully made and there are a lot of great points about family. However, the violence is the only and main concern here. There are frequent beheadings, stabbings, and shootings, almost all are on screen. While it can be pretty graphic, unless you or your child are a bit squeamish then it will be okay. Language really isn't that bad, "whore", "bitch", and "damn" is all you're going to find. Sexual themes are sometimes present, but actual sex scenes? Two, maybe three times every couple of seasons. Passionate kissing and bare backs is all that's shown. The show has its flaws like every other show, but that's what makes it realistic for its genre. It's a horror show, you have to remember that. But it is between this and another show that are my favorites. It's a fantastic show about the bond between two brothers. Yes, they sometimes put themselves before the rest of the world, but who doesn't? The thing I love so much about this show is that it is so realistic about human emotion. Most shows have their characters make too perfect choices that aren't what regular people would make. The brothers value life not only amongst human kind but in the monsters they hunt. They only kill when they have to, and even if it's a vampire, they don't kill it unless it's killing people (yes there is a way around it). They care about everyone, regardless of who they are. They sacrifice a normal life and their own lives to save others and have died for humanity before. They might not be a good example in that yes, they do drink and swear a lot, and yes Dean does sexualize women at times, but in the end they are a great example in that they do put the well being of others before themselves most of the time. If everyone in the world would judge someone based off of that persons actions instead of what/who they are, there wouldn't be as much violence. The show has a lot to say about family too. There is a famous quote from a character, "family don't end in blood, boy". The show displays the truth that your family are the people who choose to trust and reply on rather than the people you were born with. It's a great show that will make you laugh hysterically or bawl your eyes out, I highly recommend it to anyone that will be able to stand the violence. Fantastic show.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysupernatural_lover13 September 13, 2015

Best show ever!

I'm 1 3 and I wouldn't recommend anyone under the age of 12 watch it because it can get quite intense, if you are mature enough and won't get frightened I think it is a pretty awesome show. It's my favourite.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylilliethequeen September 10, 2015

VERY good but not for sensitive people

supernatural is one of my fave tv shows EVER and i'm so in love with it, but it's very violent and has many sexual jokes and references ( and a few sex scenes but nothing too bad ) i think if you are OK with blood, sex scenes, drinking and a few cuss words then you can watch supernatural at most ages ( about 13 and up but if you ask your parents you may be able to watch as 12) P.S i watched the season 10 trailer and dean is with a half naked dancer and he is also later in the clip in bed with a woman and there may be more stuff like this in season ten so i think season ten should be 14 + its the best supernatural ( pun intended ) show out there right now, so if you can deal with everything then you should TOTALLY WATCH! p.s.s i would not watch season ten with family cause of dean and stuff
Teen, 14 years old Written byIsabelle Bryant September 4, 2015

There are positive aspects to this show.

There is a great family aspect in this, brother's sticking together with the normal amount of sibling rivalry and banter. The older brother, Dean, is a protective of his younger brother, and cares about everyone in his life, if a little too much. This show teaches kids that family doesn't end with blood, and that you can't give up on everyone quickly.