All teen and kid member reviews for Supernatural

Teen, 16 years old Written byLeilabeth October 20, 2013

Love it!

Ok so I personally adore this show. It's definitely my all time favorite. I started watching it when I was 13 and I mean I was a fairly mature 13 year old and I didn't have any issues with blood, gore or sexual themes. But if you do (especially with gore as there's a LOT of stabbing and beheading and pretty much anything you can think of) then I do not suggest you watch this. However if you don't then go for it! And don't watch it if you scare easily... The first few seasons are the scariest but all the seasons are crucial to watch. It's currently in the ninth season (the third episode is airing this coming Tuesday) and the other eight are on Netflix.
Teen, 15 years old Written byIWatchTooMuchTv October 8, 2013

LOVE this show.

This is a show that really just depends on the person. If you have a week stomach, I wouldn't recommend it ( as there are beheadings, plenty of blood splatters, sometimes gruesome bodies, and the likes.) However, horror wise, its often toned down by several comical moments throughout the episode. I get frightened easily with ghost movies, but this show doesn't scare me at all. Besides the violence there is an occasional sex scene, but often times they're not very graphic. There are quite a few references though, usually for a comical reason. But they aren't very crude, and could possibly go over younger teens heads. There's controversy over how bad of role models the Winchesters are. True, the boys (especially Dean), have a very casual attitude towards sex, enjoy a beer, and dont feel very remorseful towards killing (though they kill things to save people). But personally, I think that's what makes them such great characters.They aren't almighty heroes. They seem real. And when it comes down to it, they do what they do to save lives. And the boys would do ANYTHING for each other, which offers up some very strong messages about the importance of family. As for drinking and drugs, the Winchesters enjoy a beer about every episode, but are rarely shown getting drunk. Demon's blood is acted as a drug, but its not glorified and is shown to overall have gruesome effects. To sum it all up, if you can stomach it, I highly recommend it.
Kid, 12 years old September 19, 2013

Fantastic!

Supernatural is a great show for people who love a good scare. Parents and children alike enjoy this show, but if you don't take scary movies well, Supernatural is not for you. I first saw it when I was 10 or 11 and found it scary but fantastic. It contains A LOT of violence eg. Chopping off heads, burning bodies e.t.c. It contains some swearing... Mostly 'son of a b*****'. The protagonist, Dean, is often seen at a pub getting drunk or drinking a lot. Some episodes contain sex but it is very easy to predict by telling your child to close their eyes. Not much is seen in the sex scenes.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymisfits1013 March 16, 2013

Depends on the viewer...

I love this show! Great characters, great writing, and creepy. This is the perfect show for anyone who is a horror fan. Now to the content...I personally think the iffy for 16 rating is a little extreme. Some episodes are may be okay for kids 13 and up. But as the series goes on, the more gory it gets. I have been very surprised at some of the more disturbing episodes later on in the show ("Family Remains" is one to watch out for). I've seen up to season 8, but there have been a couple torture scenes so far (nothing is really shown in great detail, but is still very dark and disturbing). To name a few of the gorier stuff that occurs in most episodes: people get teeth pulled, nails ripped out, a guy starts peeling his face away, lots of beheading, necks and wrists getting slit, any episode involving witchcraft is gruesome, disturbing shots of dismembered or eaten corpses, a surplus of blood and plenty more. Expect to see some things you'd normally see in a R rated horror film. And the beginning of every episode usually features something scary or gory. Not to mention the language gradually gets more noticeable as well: b***h (which is used all the time in every episode), ass, d**k, some uses of s**t and f**k but they are either implied or bleeped. Dean occasionally uses the word, mofo (which stands for motherf***er). As for sexual content, nothing too bad. Sometimes the dialog can be explicit. It's mostly Dean's references. Occasionally the characters go to a strip club on a case. There is usually one or two sex scenes every season, but they are not overly explicit. Last but not least, drinking. The characters drink in most episodes. Dean and Sam occasionally get drunk. Bobby is always drinking and referred to as a drunk by characters. Overall, I'm giving this a 15 and up. The first two seasons are probably okay for 14, 13, and maybe 12. Season 4 is particularly violent and seasons 4-5 will most likely offend people who are very religious. Overall, the main concern is the violence (I know some adults who can't even handle it). It depends on the episode as well. Some of the story lines can be disturbing enough without the added gore. Know your kid and watch out for most of the episodes in later seasons. Hope I've helped. :)
Kid, 12 years old September 21, 2012

THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!

I love the show, i watch it all the time with my parents and they love it too. Kids that cant handle violence maybe shouldnt be watching it but kids that are more mature should definatley watch it. I know the show isnt real. There are no sex parts and they dont smoke. Parents that think it shouldnt be for 12 year olds, you should really back off. You obviously havent watched it.... they only kill monsters so i know its not real. I LOVE THE SHOW! And i think 12 year olds should watch it too. If your child wants to watch it let them because it would be stupid if they didnt!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bybethroxy January 13, 2011

Love this show. "Guilty pleasure"? No, it's just a good show. My parents used to let me watch this when I was 11. It scared me pretty badly back then, but now it doesn't scare me at all, and it's my favourite show. Don't let kids under 13 watch this TV show. It can get pretty brutal, and it is a question of age aswell as maturity as to whether you should let your child watch this show.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjhae September 4, 2010

Good for the mature teen.

Kid, 12 years old April 6, 2010

What is it with reviewers?

Scary? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Most of the episodes are absolutely laughable, yet still enjoyable. I only have 2 bad points: women are talked up all the time by 'Dean', and there are not enough topless scenes with Jensen Ackles (Dean). :D
Kid, 10 years old January 12, 2010

Not for young kids.

If you can handle it, you can watch it. Very gory in some scenes, violent scariness. I watch a few episodes sometimes but my parents watch it first.
Teen, 13 years old Written byScaryTvShowsRULE August 27, 2015

Scary For Some, The Bomb For ME!

I honestly love this television series on the CW, if you are fans of TWD, TVD, Grimm, Hannibal, AHS, Once Upon A Time, Reaper, The Whispers etc... Then you should definitely watch this show, I am 14 in 1 week, and I have watched and re-watched this show since I was 12! I am not that mature for my age but then again I am not a bit squeamish and love the horror aspects of shows, especially the violence! yes there is a lot of swearing mostly by Dean but I love how they still put some lovey dovey parts included.. I started to stop watching the series at about the start of season 8 because it got boring, I don't know why but I enjoy it when Sam is kidnapped or in trouble, not because its funny because of the brotherly love when Dean ALWAYS rescue's him, especially in the season 2 episode where he meets that girl with the same demon powers as him, and the other hunters tries to kill him about 5 times, TRIES to though. My favourite season though this will sound mean and weird but I love the season when Sam comes back from Lucifer's Cage and when he gets his soul back after Castiel removes the wall when Sam starts remembering The Cage and keeps seeing Lucifer! But I HATED it when Dean went to Hell in Season 4!
Teen, 15 years old Written bynetflixaddiction August 18, 2015

A Great Show, Depends on Viewer

Supernatural is a fantastic show! Some episodes can have violence, swearing (Dean mostly), and creepy plot lines about the creature it is focusing on but it depends on the person watching the show. Younger children maybe shouldn't be watching it because of the result of nightmares and being scared. And people that don't like violence and swearing should maybe consider not watching it. Otherwise, it is really what the viewer likes and if they like it, they should watch it!
Kid, 12 years old August 15, 2015

Great Plot

I, personally, feel that 'Supernatural' isn't exactly scary. I mean, it's got horror scenes in it, but the worst that there is is jump scares. The first season is probably the worst for the horror, the others are more about the storyline. Speaking of that, the plot is absolutely flawless. I'm currently starting season five for the first time and the plot has grown and grown and grown into something so amazing. Also, the episodes come in varieties. You get, roughly, three episodes in each season which are humorous and the others are meaningful. Dean does mention some sexual things and I've come across three scenes which are explicit in that way. But, honestly, nobody's stopping you from skipping it. That's what I do, I never miss anything important. But, I'm dubious that the plot - along with many other things - will become slightly tedious by the time the tenth season rolls around. I mean, you've got to have a very talented writer to pull that off. Also, I forgot to mention, that there is lots of violence such as shooting, stabbing, assaulting, swearing, etc. Which is basically expected in a TV series which is labelled as, 'Supernatural'. Overall, I think it's great for everyone over the age of thirteen - even adults! Also, I know that I'm twelve. But, hey, I'm not bothered with that stuff and I watch it under parental guidance. Rated for mature twelve year olds.
Teen, 13 years old Written byManyuTheReviewer August 9, 2015

A Scray Show With Lots of Violence, But Good Messages At Its Heart

I would disagree with Common Sense on positive messages. I would give it a 1/5 maybe even a 2/5. The heroes are loyal to each other. Despite the many problems they face, they refuse to give up on each other. However, the series is pretty intense and is scary at moments. The audience is also shown some graphic images such as: headless bodies, a beating heart ripped out, blood spraying everywhere, and gory torture. There are too many sexual themes in this TV series, Dean is always "hooking up" with a beautiful women every episode or two. Most of the time it is just implied, but other times it is shown.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjean27596 July 8, 2015

good for non-squeamish viewers. maybe.

there are three requirements you should meet to watch this show. the first, you should be strong in your faith. i have a cousin i would never let watch this because he is not a very strong christian at all. they hold many meetings with ghosts, and pretty much go against many beliefs of all religions. none of the stuff they do is actually true. the second requirement, is, even if you are an adult, you have to be incredibly non-squeamish. it even makes me cringe and i am non-squeamish to the point my parents let me watch patriot when i was eight and i never blinked an eye. the third, is it's not for any younger viewers. even the non-squeamish sort. there is too much sex and beer to make it healthy for any under-thirteen viewers.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJustReallyHomestuck June 23, 2015

Amazing series for older kids.

Supernatural is such a good show. The one thing I'd be concerned about are the creatures/monsters/demons in this show because some are a little scary, but now really. The most freaked out I've gotten from this show was the little jumpscare opening. Another thing is Winchesters. They do drink, cuss and get lucky a few times, but not enough to be concerning. Overall, would watch with older kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjuliapng June 17, 2015

Good show, very violent

I'm thirteen, and although I love the plot, I found this show really scary. I tried so hard to become a Superwholockian, but alas, I couldn't do it. This show is very suspenseful and very violent, with loads of blood, monsters, and dead people, but that comes with the territory. I would say you need to know your kid, if they're sensitive to gore and horror like I am, I would not recommend this show. Watch Doctor Who instead.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykkhoppers June 5, 2015

I grew up watching Supernatural, at night I would watch the newest episode with my dad. That said, I was exposed to much more violence and swearing when I was younger. I didn't start watching the show on my own until I was about eleven, I was never scared or scarred by it. This is a funny show that has much to learn from.
Kid, 10 years old May 31, 2015

Really good show, perfect for kids 10 and up.

Supernatural is a very good horror show for ages 10 and up. I am 10 and I know a lot of friends who watch this. Not much cursing to be honest, only sometimes they say things like "Bitch" or "Hell" (when they say "Hell" they mean the actual "Hell"). Don't worry about the Sexual stuff, theres not much in it but intentions of it. They don't even say it! Also most kids 10 and up know about "It" so it shouldn't be a big deal. But the messages of Family bonds are all in it!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byroaringriptide May 12, 2015

Obsessed!!

I first started watching this show last year (season 1) when I was 12, and it kind of scared me because I wasn't prepared for the content in the show and after a few episodes I quit watching it... But recently I decided to give it another shot and once you get over the kind of scary suspense moments, it's a really interesting show. There's always a mystery about some mythological creature, funny jokes and Dean's obsession with pie. I'm already on season 4!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byncfenton April 29, 2015

FAVORITE

this is my favorite show of all time. yes it does include some inappropriate parts, but you could skip the inappropriate episodes if you'd like. there is a lot of violence, so if you are thinking about watching the show and can't stand seeing blood in every episode, then i would suggest not watching it. fun fact: episode 10.17 "inside man" is the only episode to not have an on-screen kill out of about 215 episodes. it has great characters and, as you see throughout the seasons, will do anything for the other brother. to add on to that, it talks a lot about heaven and hell and has angels and even lucifer in the show so if this is not to your liking than this is another reason why you might not want to watch it. otherwise, this is my favorite show and have recommended to so many people who have also loved the show.