Terrifying guilty pleasure is iffy for sensitive teens.

Kid, 12 years old September 21, 2012

THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!

I love the show, i watch it all the time with my parents and they love it too. Kids that cant handle violence maybe shouldnt be watching it but kids that are more mature should definatley watch it. I know the show isnt real. There are no sex parts and they dont smoke. Parents that think it shouldnt be for 12 year olds, you should really back off. You obviously havent watched it.... they only kill monsters so i know its not real. I LOVE THE SHOW! And i think 12 year olds should watch it too. If your child wants to watch it let them because it would be stupid if they didnt!!
Parent Written byjhowse May 16, 2012

Good show but lots of violence and language

Teen, 17 years old Written bythefalconater June 23, 2011

hot guys from where I'm from?!? I think....YES

Dude...this show rocks. I love Jared, Jensen and Misha. Probably one of the best shows ever. No joke. If you aren't sure about watching it, go watch the supernatural bloopers on youtube and from that you can decide. The only funny thing about this show is that all these really fat and ugly lonely people watch it (not everyone, but a lot are), so that means we have to start getting people who are the opposite of that to watch it so the supernatural people don't feel like losers at the conventions. J2 + collins = osum
Teen, 16 years old Written bybethroxy January 13, 2011
Love this show. "Guilty pleasure"? No, it's just a good show. My parents used to let me watch this when I was 11. It scared me pretty badly back then, but now it doesn't scare me at all, and it's my favourite show. Don't let kids under 13 watch this TV show. It can get pretty brutal, and it is a question of age aswell as maturity as to whether you should let your child watch this show.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjhae September 4, 2010

Good for the mature teen.

Kid, 10 years old January 12, 2010

Not for young kids.

If you can handle it, you can watch it. Very gory in some scenes, violent scariness. I watch a few episodes sometimes but my parents watch it first.
Adult Written byact5221 April 9, 2008

Good for adults, HORRIBLE for kids/teens

This is a good horror/sci-fi show that gets too gory quite often. I like the brothers and love Jensen Ackles (that's why I started watching the show) but this is definately a show that kids/teens should NOT watch. We are a very desensitized nation and this only furthers that. So while I like the show, I do think that the tension is better than the flat-out gore.
Teen, 13 years old Written byUsername Here September 20, 2016

Incredible

Hands down my favourite show, HOWEVER, there's lots of swearing, some sex, lots of innuendos and lots of violence, parents should be aware of their kids watching this if they are under 14.
Adult Written byJosh D. September 17, 2016

THE BEST SHOW AND IT WILL MAKE U THE HAPPIEST PERSOM

I honestly have no idea why this says that there is no positive role models.Both Dean and Sam (the brothers) inspire me and in my opion are very Positive role models.I really do look up to them.I also look up to castiel.He is always kind to everybody and that is very positive.I would also only give sex a 1 because I can't even remember the last time there was sex and it didn't show any actual parts and it was always for like 30 secs.It was never a big part.And also, there is never drugs but the boys do have a beer or two in about every once in a while but they are having quality family time.This show really is truly amazing and almost every person is a very positive and wonderful role model.There also are great messages through out the show.Mainly about family and always being there for each other.This shows has changed my life and made me a happier person.I reccomed for anyone.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBuffy forever September 11, 2016

I must say

Supernatural is an amazing series with complex storylines. I know that there is a bit of rudeness (nothing worse than a mans torso/a woman's back) and the character "dean" (Jensen Ackles) can sometimes be a little bit sexist-but only in good spirits! The drinking aspect of things It's usually just the characters holding a can/bottle or taking a swig from one every now and then. The swearing never gets worse than the OCCASIONAL "son of a/bitch." So this shoe is fine for 14 upwards-also the things you have to be aware of its NOT too much I will label it if there's a mediocre amount of it in.
Kid, 11 years old September 10, 2016

Great show

Supernatural is a great show! Sure, there are some 'bad parts' such as alot of violence and gore, and strong language, but other than that, it is great. There are some passionate make out scenes, but nothing too intense. Cussing often occurs, main words said are "Bitch," "Damn," "Ass," "Hell," and if you would consider it bad, "Hell." Of course there would be some violence, mainly the whole plot is about demons! You can see blood splatter, beheading, hanging, and some suicide scenes. But they are all fake, of course. Some scenes take place in Heaven, Hell, and purgatory. Also, tons of scenes include reasons why family is important. I'd think that kids should be allowed to watch it, it isn't bad. Also, tons of parts that are filmed in a bar, but they are not aiming for you to go out and drink, it just adds to Dean's personality.
Adult Written byNorah A. September 8, 2016

great show

it's one of my favorite tv shows.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCaiff September 2, 2016

Best to show of all time

This to show has swearing, drinking and sex. But this is a brilliant to show about two brothers and their amazing angel. This to show teaches about friendship and family and hope. It is a brilliant show and I think saying it is a 16 is ridiculous! Children 13 and up obviously know about drinking violence and sex! So why lretend they don't? I am a teenager, I started watching this show last year ( yes I watched eleven years worth of television in a year!) but just think about it, if it wasn't such a good to show then why are they in the middle of making the 12th season? This is brilliant and HILLARIOUS and gripping and sad, it will really get you feeling for the boys! It has brilliant actors and story lines, this is just the best show I have ever watched, you really can't go wrong with it it has something in it for everyone!
Adult Written bycallumy August 30, 2016

best for teaching family vaules

Teen, 13 years old Written byThatkawaiigeek August 29, 2016

My new favorite TV show!!!

I'm (almost) 13 and I just started watching this show a bit less than about two weeks ago. I just finished season 1 and I have to say, it was AWESOME. I love it!!! I would highly recommend this show!!! However, there is a lot of swearing (okay fine, not that much, but there still is a lot, if that makes any sense lol) but not any more than, like, Back to the Future or something. And they never say the f-word or anything really bad like that. There is also a lot of violence. At first, the violence is like, literally honestly actually pretty similar to what I've seen on episodes of K.C. Undercover, but in the second episode it starts to get pretty bloody. So yeah, there actually is a lot of violence. Like, a LOT. I don't normally care about violence in movies and stuff, and blood doesn't bother me, like, at ALL, but even I had to close my eyes at some parts. But I've already seen 23 episodes and I only had to close my eyes two or three times. But if you are disturbed by blood or something and stuff like that, you should consider NOT watching this. Poltergeists, monsters, etc. do some really disturbing things to the characters in the show, like for example in episode 9 a guy's arm gets ripped up in the garbage disposal when he's fixing the sink. Also, while we're on the subject, this show gets really scary sometimes. It can pretty darn hilarious, but also terrifying. WARNING: THE FIFTH EPISODE IS REALLY SCARY!!! It scared me so bad I couldn't even take a shower!!! But I've always been known for being a wimp lol. But I'm actually really glad I started watching this, despite being scared. I'm not as easily scared anymore tbh, and would you think I'm crazy if I said it actually helped me distinguish the difference between reality and fantasy, what's real and what's not? It sounds weird, as this is a show about the supernatural (hence the title XD!) but when I tired to calm myself down after watching a scary episode, I repeated to myself that this wasn't real. And it worked! In conclusion, this show can be disturbing to many viewers, evspecially younger ones, but I would highly recommend it for mature 12 year olds and anyone above that age who isn't deeply disturbed by what I mentioned earlier/isn't easily scared. This show is AMAZING and even helped me get over some really bad fears. Go watch it!!! It's awesome!!!!
Kid, 11 years old August 29, 2016

It's fine! It's not sexual at all but rather one of my favourite shows.

I think 11+ is a perfect rating as this show is not sexual at all! It's one of my favourite shows and I think everyone should watch at least a season once in their lifetime. WARNING: You should make sure that the content is suitable for you though. If you are afraid of fire for example, you should carefully watch the show with someone/something calming nearby, a drink, tissues and a blanket to hide under. I have pyrotechnophobia (the fear of fire, fireworks and pyrotechnics) and trust me, it was NOT a nice experience. It is okay to watch though. It gives off quite a few positive messages.
Teen, 15 years old Written byQueenPotato August 26, 2016

Quite a vivid show

In terms of how suitable the show is for younger audiences, I think 13 and up is a relatively suitable age for a person to be watching Supernatural unsupervised. It doesn't really have many great messages and role models as at times, the Winchesters and other major characters can be deeply flawed in their characters and decisions e,g. there will be times where the Winchester brothers are willing to put the lives of other people's at risk as a result of their undying loyalty for one another. Supernatural can be quite dark on violence, showing stabbings, beheadings and gruesome murders that would be frightening and therefore not suitable for a young audience. The themes are quite suggestive at times and nudity doesn't go as far as bare backs of men and women. Sam and Dean, however drink way way too much beer. I'm surprised that Dean isn't dead yet. If the demons, angels and other supernatural creatures haven't killed him yet, then his poor diet that consists of purely beer, pie and takeaway food will have a toll on him in Season 20. Sam is fine, he just has demon blood.
Teen, 13 years old Written byabbie.hallc August 17, 2016

Perfect For You if You Love the Supernatural!

I'll start by saying this-- this is such a binge-worthy show! I, for one, am in love with the concept of the supernatural. This show includes a huge range of cultures and religions, from Christian concepts of angels and demons, to Hindu Rakshasas. Many episodes include some level of truth, including learning about certain parts of history, with a twist such as a serial killer coming back as a vengeful ghost. You learn about plenty of myths from around the globe, and certainly get your fill of the supernatural! There's a huge family element in this, what with Sam and Dean (the main characters) having all sorts of things come between them, and then trying to fix issues between them. Occasionally in between fighting evil, there is some fantastic comedy which will make the viewer laugh (I certainly did). Some moments are heart-wrenching, others a downright freaky, but overall, this is my favorite, and the best. show. ever! 10/10!
Teen, 17 years old Written byKy13445 August 14, 2016

Depends

Well I think it depends on the maturity level. If they are mature then they should be able to watch the show. Some episodes might need to be viewed by parents such as 21, 11 and 34. I really however enjoyed the show. I personally think the youngest should be 11. As long as language isn't a problem I think it would be just fine. There is a small bit of sexual scenes and a good amount of swearing but over all it is fine.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybirdy062 August 13, 2016

Amazing

great show. there is nothing really bad, it can just be a bit scary at times. i started watching it when i was 10 and it was fine for me. if you're still unsure season 1 is totally fine and you just see if they like it. it also sends a great message about family.