Terrifying guilty pleasure is iffy for sensitive teens.

Teen, 14 years old Written byhattiebaker834 August 6, 2016
it's amazing but there is some dirty bits but it is ok. The messeges and people are extreamly inspiring.
Teen, 17 years old Written bySchiede July 21, 2016

It's really about personal preference

Supernatural, from a technical perspective, is an amazing show. It has a complex storyline and characters, realistic special effects, and an incredibly accurate view into the human soul. Now, talking about morality, you need to use your own judgement as to whether or not you can handle the show. Some adults would need to leave the room at violence a twelve-year-old would barely flinch at. Most of the gory scenes are censored, the most disturbing one I recall seeing on camera being a guy coughing up razor blades. As for sexual content there are a few vanilla sex scenes with plenty warning to skip through. One of the characters, Dean, who alludes to sexual content the most, does it to hide how much he's effected by emotional trauma (one example being when he knew he was going to die soon he engaged in more questionable activities. The main characters have fairly good core ethics and any religious content is clearly separated from real religions (like their portrayal of angels, demons, and Satan himself)
Kid, 12 years old July 14, 2016

Great show

I'm sure not many parents are going to think much of a review by a kid, but I hope this helps convince you anyway. Supernatural is a very good show. It revolves around the brotherly love Sam and Dean have for each other and the belief that you can make your own destiny. There is violence, but it is not promoted or idolized in the show. Sam and Dean are always making an effort to protect the innocent civilians and are always fighting against the forces of evil that come into play in our every day lives. There is not an excessive amount of drinking or sex, but whenever it does come up, it is not promoted and the characters are of age. I think that the good messages, funny exchanges, and dramatic scenes are good enough to trump the violence and drinking. There isn't much swearing, the worse being "hell", "ass", "bitch", and "s--t". If your child is mature enough to handle fantasy violence then this show is not a bad choice.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfiore.ragazza July 11, 2016

What age is appropriate to start watching Supernatural?

Yes, there is a lot of violence. Some words of profane are used (in relation to God) Words, such as: Ass, Dick, Bitch, Hell, Slut, Whore are used quite often throughout the series. There are make out sessions , but nothing graphic. Its an amazing show and I highly recommend, that is, if you can deal with blood and violence.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygravity_dog July 11, 2016
I believe that the show has limits. if your child has problems with violence or anything like that. this really isn't a show for them. it really depends on your child level of muturity
Teen, 13 years old Written byIamJohnlocked July 11, 2016

Awesome

The only thing bad about this show is nothing. Sam is truly an amazing person, while on the other hand Dean is a total bad-ass, but their journey through the "family business" is very exciting.
Teen, 13 years old Written by605863m July 6, 2016

You won't believe my mother

its not even that bad...
Teen, 13 years old Written bygigi1155 June 28, 2016
Teen, 13 years old Written byLJ2020 June 23, 2016

AMAZING AND WILL GET YOU HOOKED!

Ever since I started watching supernatural about a year ago, I have loved it! It is safe to say it is one of my, and many other peoples favorite TV shows. Although it contains lots of gory, and often times freaky material as well as some occasional inappropriate humor that might turn away some audiences, that is never a problem as this show entails helpful and deep life messages that I believe have changed me for the better! The ingenious writers also lighten the mood by posing humor in tense situations. That makes me, and so many others laugh everyday!! And not only Is it funny... it is UNEXPLAINIABLY excellent on so many levels. From all of the situations that the two brothers get themselves into, and the crazy plot-twists, to the vivacious characters who make every episode worth watching, Supernatural really is an awesome must-see!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byreveal June 16, 2016

Supernatural

Teen, 13 years old Written byK128 June 14, 2016

Ages 12 and up will enjoy

It really depends on how scared you get. If you are prone to having nightmares after watching something scary, this is not the show for you. There is nothing too sexual in this show for viewers who are mature enough to handle things like that (5-6th grade are usually mature enough). There aren't too many bad words besides "bitch" , but again, if your child likes to repeat inappropriate words, this is not the show for him/her. Overall this is a very good show.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjamoedwards June 13, 2016

destial

the show is great and has pretty good values. with the way the show is going there might be more gay charictors which is a big plus!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySPNlover June 1, 2016

12 and up with parental permission.

I love this show for 3 years now and i think its great. But always have permission if you are a kid.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEquineLover June 1, 2016

Im the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition

Very nice and interesting storyline. Also violent.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThegreatmadzilla May 22, 2016

Amazing

Supernatural is a show all about the importance of family not only within the characters and the fandom. Sure depending on whose watching it, watch it at different ages but really it's not all that bad. Sam, Dean and CAS are , while all have their flaws, great role models And once Charlie comes in.... Well it's a no brainer. Adults: if your kid is mature enough, it is fine for them to watch!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bydancin4ever May 21, 2016

I loved this show!!! Freaked me out though!

this is an incredible show that I love and I am addicted to but I had to stop because it freaked me out. I got about fifteen episodes in and I did not sleep for 2 nights and I keep coming back to it. There is quite a bit of gore and there is something frightneing around every corner. If you don't like to be scared or anything I do not reccomend it. Iffy for sensitive teens, can get into your head.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKatyCat333 April 23, 2016

Awesome, but might not be okay for younger individuals.

I think this show is awesome! I think it could be appropriate for 11 year olds, but it might have too much swearing or violence for some parents. It, of course, has some supernatural creatures, which might be too scary for even adults. All in all, it deosn't really contain much sex, except maybe a few episodes in which can be skipped, and in the later seasons it becomes more appropriate. There's lots of alcohol, though it isn't really promoted, and drugs and smoking are seen as bad in the show. That's pretty much everthing you need to worry!
Teen, 13 years old Written byCamilla500 April 18, 2016

Great show, just not really for kids

I think that Supernatural is a great show full of drama, suspense and horror, but it does have some mature themes like sex, alcohol, gore and mild swearing. I would definitely recommend anyone over the age of thirteen to watch this program, but not under.
Teen, 13 years old Written byExistentialKyleigh April 8, 2016

A good show for a Supernatural show

This show was been on for 11 years (so it must be good) ;). Anyway, most of the blood in this show is offscreen and only sometimes on screen, most end in either blood splatter on the wall or just blood on the ground. Almost every episode begins with a person dying in some sort of supernatural way, which leads to investigation by the Winchester brothers, which leads to them killing the creature in some sort of supernatural way, some bloody, some not. Almost all episodes end in the brothers drinking beer. Dean is kind of a player, so there are some episodes with strip clubs or sex scenes. One of them have a girl naked, but her back is towards the camera, showing bare back. Others just have a man and a women shirtless, the girl in her bra. Swearing goes up to "bitch", especially by Dean. Many uses of "hell" (both screamed and a reference to the place) "damn" and "dick" is used in the later episodes.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynatswat.winchester March 28, 2016

Amazing show

I think they exaggerated with the 16+. The gore is pretty minimal and in the earlier seasons there is more but it's also a lot more low budget making it less affective. The plotline are amazing and the charactrs are realistic, flawed and loveable. It's a brilliant show with more horror in the early seasons which evolves to be more plot based later on.