All member reviews for Supernatural

Terrifying guilty pleasure is iffy for sensitive teens.

Teen, 16 years old Written byMUSTACHE371 August 11, 2013

BEST SHOW EVER.

BEST SHOW EVER MADE. IF YOU DONT WATCH IT YOU WILL BE DAMNED TO HELL.
Teen, 13 years old Written byiphonetyper77 July 31, 2013

It's fine for 12+

The other reviews for this show are totally off... I started watching a few years back, and about the language, at 12 you're already in middle school. All the words that are used "b*tch, ass, etc. " we already know... The sex part, yeah, Dean does do it quite frequently, but no nudity whatsoever. Drinking is a very heavy part of this show, but as 12+ year olds we are already exposed to that everywhere else.
Teen, 13 years old Written byButtholeMcStinkyPant July 31, 2013

epix

it is amazing show i wuv it so much <33333333
Teen, 13 years old Written byJason Parker July 11, 2013

Supernetural

It was the best tv show for me until it got to 8th season and I got sick of it. It is alwas the same thing hunting!!! Every episode they hunt. If it wasn't for a main problem like the apocalypse, yellow eyed demon etc. it would have been boring.
Teen, 15 years old Written byGreysonGirl98 June 29, 2013

Good, but has a lot of things kids shouldn't see.

I love this show. It's funny, scary, heartbreaking all at the same time. That being said, sex scenes are ridiculously long and drawn out and there is (obviously) a lot of gore. A LOT of gore. Also, the series surrounds two young adult men in many stressful situations, so drinking and cursing follow all the time.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJanelleG June 13, 2013

love it

Kid, 12 years old May 30, 2013

13 years of age and up

I believe that "Supernatural," is a great movie just a little scary. Some people may not want to watch it due to the scariness of the show, but other than that it is great, I mostly have seen violence, and drinking, there is nothing else on them that I have saw. If you are wondering how much violence is in it. I would say a good 9 out of 10 stars. 1 being the least and 10 being the most. Now, if you are wondering how much drug activity is in the "Supernatural," I would give a 4 star out of 10. I would recommend 13 years of age and up to watch this video, but people that get scared easily should not watch this show.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHarmolina April 23, 2013

Great series, don't watch if you're afraid of the dark.

I am a television series addict, and this is one of my favorites! This series is just awesome! It can be quite frightening though, and if you are afraid of the dark, this will definitely increase your fear. But it is a great series, so if you have no problem with supernatural stuff and some violence and blood, this is something you should watch.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjulia98 April 19, 2013

Such a great show

This is such an amazing show, and the only things I would worry about are sex and violence. The sex isn't that bad, there's only like 1 "sex scene" per couple of seasons and Sam and Dean don't make inappropriate remarks too often. The violence is pretty bad though, especially around season 3. Overall, it's one of my favorite shows and it's definately worth watching.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymisfits1013 March 16, 2013

Depends on the viewer...

I love this show! Great characters, great writing, and creepy. This is the perfect show for anyone who is a horror fan. Now to the content...I personally think the iffy for 16 rating is a little extreme. Some episodes are may be okay for kids 13 and up. But as the series goes on, the more gory it gets. I have been very surprised at some of the more disturbing episodes later on in the show ("Family Remains" is one to watch out for). I've seen up to season 8, but there have been a couple torture scenes so far (nothing is really shown in great detail, but is still very dark and disturbing). To name a few of the gorier stuff that occurs in most episodes: people get teeth pulled, nails ripped out, a guy starts peeling his face away, lots of beheading, necks and wrists getting slit, any episode involving witchcraft is gruesome, disturbing shots of dismembered or eaten corpses, a surplus of blood and plenty more. Expect to see some things you'd normally see in a R rated horror film. And the beginning of every episode usually features something scary or gory. Not to mention the language gradually gets more noticeable as well: b***h (which is used all the time in every episode), ass, d**k, some uses of s**t and f**k but they are either implied or bleeped. Dean occasionally uses the word, mofo (which stands for motherf***er). As for sexual content, nothing too bad. Sometimes the dialog can be explicit. It's mostly Dean's references. Occasionally the characters go to a strip club on a case. There is usually one or two sex scenes every season, but they are not overly explicit. Last but not least, drinking. The characters drink in most episodes. Dean and Sam occasionally get drunk. Bobby is always drinking and referred to as a drunk by characters. Overall, I'm giving this a 15 and up. The first two seasons are probably okay for 14, 13, and maybe 12. Season 4 is particularly violent and seasons 4-5 will most likely offend people who are very religious. Overall, the main concern is the violence (I know some adults who can't even handle it). It depends on the episode as well. Some of the story lines can be disturbing enough without the added gore. Know your kid and watch out for most of the episodes in later seasons. Hope I've helped. :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byKatherinePertrova March 15, 2013

AMAZING!

This is one of the best shows, EVER. Although it has strong violence scenes, it is filled with strong messages and good role models. The whole series is essentially about brotherly love and protecting your family. The two main characters have gone through a lot but still try to do the right thing. Although its not always easy to distinguish what it is good and bad, the characters always try to help people and learn that not everything is black and white. However, they do steal, kill and lie to authorities. I thoroughly recommend this for 16 up and most 14 and 15 year olds will be able to handle it. Beware, Season 1 is the scariest!
Teen, 15 years old Written byKickPhanStickz March 11, 2013

It's great :)

I personally think this show is terrific. Sure, it's pretty bloody, and if you don't want your children thinking about certain monsters, or shipping Angels with Hunters... then I don't suggest allowing them to watch it, but there are a quite a few positive messages and role-models on the show. It's just that certain parents only see the gory stuff, and don't take note of anything in between. All in all, it's a wonderful show. Not the best for anyone under the age of thirteen, but excellent. If you're a hardcore Christian I can understand why you wouldn't want your children watching the show, but it's still great, so... Yeah.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMiss_Holly March 1, 2013

Best. TV. Show. Ever.

I love this TV show. It's funny, quirky and let's face it.... the cast is attractive. I started watching this when I was 12, and I was fine. It may be frightening for kids under, say, 12 or 13, and under 16s who are especially sensitive, but it is actually a great show. There is some swearing, but nothing over b**** or d***, and that is used a lot in each episode. There is also a few sex scenes, some mild talk of it, and some referencing. The violence is the thing that pushes the rating up (the most.) There is a lot of blood and gore and violence. Not for sensitive teenagers or people under 12 or 13. Some scenes are in fact VERY frightening, with violence to rival that of The Walking Dead. Some icky and cringe-worthy moments, some that will test your queasy stomach, and there HAVE been some scenes that have made me want to cry. But not only the violence, sometimes its the thoughts and ideas that leave you with nightmares, afraid to look out your window at night. Not so much the violence, as the implications of what happens, though violence is still a very big factor. Clowns, demons, ghosts.... Not for the faint-hearted. I say for 12 or 13 year olds who are mature and can stomach it, but be cautious with easily-sickened children and sensitive teenagers. This could affect them. Better off for young adults in all honesty, but not completely ruled out for tweens and young teens, as long as they are mature and have a strong stomach. If people are under 15 or 14, do not allow them to watch seasons 6, 7, and 8 if they get scared in earlier seasons, because 6, 7 and 8 are the most violent seasons and definitely the most scary. So, if sensitive and prone to nightmares, do not allow them to watch these seasons. Ages 12 + up if they are strong and mature.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymovie/gamefan February 13, 2013

supernatural review

This is a good show and is the 1st best show on cw33. I am extemely glad its running its 8th season of the hit show and if it does end on season 10 i will be watching it to see what happens to sam and dean who are the best. but my Favorite chaecter is castel (misha collins)
Teen, 15 years old Written byBrennaIsBest February 6, 2013

More Than Meets the Eye

While the show features violence and language, the main characters are positive role models whose constant message is to stick up for family and do what is right.
Teen, 17 years old Written byPrincessCharmed797 January 27, 2013

OK for Teens

This show is a classic in the making. Brothers Sam and Dean Winchester go on the road across America to fight demons, ghouls, ghosts, creatures, and other bizarre monsters that go bump in the night. It is exceptionally violent. Lots of guts, blood, and gore shown from episode to episode depending on the type of monster they are hunting. A running gag is that there is one sex scene per season because one of the brothers "gets laid". The brothers drink a lot, especially Dean. Language is frequent and sometimes strong, but sometimes (for humor's sake) they have been bleeped. The only bad role model image of the show is that the brothers steal credit cards and commit identity theft to survive, by doing so they must lie to people left and right about who they are. Highlights is that even past the whole action-drama-horror image the show has strong family vaules showing that family is the most important thing in life. Bottom line: The show is normally rated TV-14 DLV. Ages 15+. 5/5 stars. Enjoy.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheSoularcher January 19, 2013

Fantastic

I had never watched an actual thriller show before Supernatural, so I don't have much to compare to, but I'll say this: this show is fantastic. To be honest, I don't believe it's quite that scary, but I wouldn't recommend it to my younger sister, for example. This is in part because of the violence (although the 2005 special effects don't make it THAT creepy), but also because of the angst. Bad things happen to both brothers, and if you don't like that kind of stuff, then I really wouldn't recommend watching this. Regarding sex, language, and alcohol/drug references: Dean is responsible for most of these. Although nothing is SHOWN, you know Dean has a casual attitude regarding sex (while his younger brother is the ultimate gentleman). But this is not shown in an especially positive light- he's just like that. And he curses, but it's nothing kids won't hear somewhere else. Also, both brothers drink every once in a while, but considering the fact that they are both adults, it's not an issue. All in all, I WOULD recommend this show. A lot. It is one of the best ones I've seen, and if your kid likes it, then I'd let them watch it. Also, the most important message in the show is about family and loyalty, and it makes a fantastic job in delivering it. So watch the show. Really. It's absolutely worth it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byElyan December 2, 2012

(Note: I'm only reviewing the first 3 episodes, since those are all I've seen.)

I have only seen episode 1-3 of the first season and have no clue what goes on in the others. So keep that in mind while reading this. This show can be frightening at times, but that's a bit obvious. (look at the title of the show, maybe the synopsis) It's quite gory and violent, which doesn't bother me but everyone has different opinions. Language is a bit of a problem. They say 'son of a b****' quite a bit along with other curse words. There isn't any sexual content (in the first 3 episodes), though the creepy woman in white kisses one of them (to make him unfaithful to his girlfriend, so she can kill him) in the first episode. I really like this show. It's basically a bunch of connected horror movies. I wouldn't want my younger siblings (12 and 14) to watch it though, and if you have a problem with scary stuff, don't want to watch something involving demons, or are uncomfortable with seeing gore, you should probably find something else to watch. (If you're looking for a horror movie that's less freaky, try 'The Village'. It's a horror film/love story and is pretty good and has nothing objectionable in it.)
Teen, 16 years old Written bytakenforafool15 November 18, 2012

...

Teen, 15 years old Written byNicoleasuar November 9, 2012

A Teen's HonestReview

Personally, I believe this show depends greatly on age. I began to watch it when I was young, only about 11. And at first this did freak me out a bit, and I quit watching it due to the fact I had insomnia and it would keep me up at night. But I also began to re-watch it at 13, and it has yet to scare me since. I am now 15 and have no problems with it whatsoever. So it truly depends on the child and how sensitive they are. The current reviews say there are no good role models or messages, which I believe to be ridiculous. No matter the struggle, the main characters to stay family oriented. They look after each other, and try to fight for good. This is shown in a very dark way though, which is why your child should be mature enough to handle it. This way, they can see past the bad and look to the good in this show. Another thing is that the violence should be much higher than just 4 stars, as at least each episode had one character bleeding, beaten, or bruised. It has gone so far as to someone watching a demon slicing them open. It often has demons which may also terrify some. And it all seems to be very realistic. As I have stated above, the show needs a mature audience depending on what level your child's maturity level. Besides for the gore, I believe it is a very good show with good background and some positive messages.