All member reviews for Supernatural

Terrifying guilty pleasure is iffy for sensitive teens.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMikaela Mae December 7, 2013

It's a great, realistic, clever series that a lot of people would love!

I'm 14, but I started watching this series when I was 12 and I still love it. You'd think that by the title it would be a horror-based TV series, but I assure you it is not. And, you'd also think that seeing the two good-looking guys on the cover, it would be some cliche, unoriginal drama, in which I again assure you it is not. Though brothers Sam & Dean both endure quite a handful of romantic and non-romantic relationships, the drama is often realistic and the characters would react and act as normal human being, in which I find a great thing about this series. Trust me, it is not scary. Believe it or not, the first few seasons are the scariest, and then, avoiding spoilers, it begins to get into a deeper story line. There are a few creepy episodes, but nothing nightmare-inducing. If you are very, very easily scared, I wouldn't recommend, but really, I have loved this series for 2 years and it's still going strong. This is good for mature kids ages 12 and up in my opinion. The language, you can tell, is suppressed, and the characters don't drop the F bombs or anything like that. There is mild swearing and very little nudity, as explained in the ratings, but generally, this TV series is fine. Role modelling is arguable, while I find that the perseverance and importance of family is strong in this series, it also has dark times where the characters lapse into a state of depression or anger, but considering the antagonists in this story, I wouldn't blame them. Overall, this series is very well done. The characters are semi-original and always fun to watch. It's not too scary, and after a while you get accustomed to the suspense that most episodes bring. There is some mild language and very few sex scenes, however absolutely suppressed at all times. The gore is nothing to be worried about, perhaps for the weak stomachs out there, you may want to steer away from this series, but really, I love it and you probably will too.
Teen, 13 years old Written byclovesandclovers November 1, 2013

Supernatural

Teen, 15 years old Written bylizzysark October 6, 2013

LOVE THIS SHOW!

I am 14, and this is one of my top favorite shows! I have no idea why the website is saying there is a lot of sex. Throughout the series there is maybe 3-4 times where you see Sam/Dean in a sex scene, but even then it's a topless guy and a girl wearing her bra making out for like 5 seconds. The website is over exaggerating on that. I would say this show is for 13-year-olds and up, but at 12 it depends on how mature your kid is with violence. The show is pretty creepy, seeing as Sam and Dean fight ghosts, demons, and various monsters. There can be a lot of blood and can get very emotional once you get into it more. They say words like d-mn, b-tch, and a-s quite frequently. (Dean's signature line is "Son of a b-tch") Also, my dad enjoys the show quite a lot as well, but he is constantly saying how the show is "Biblically incorrect" If you don't want your kid getting the wrong idea about God, angels, or the apocalypse, then I wouldn't suggest it though it isn't a big deal.
Teen, 14 years old Written byharraseda October 6, 2013

Watch with care

Teen, 17 years old Written bylittleaprilroses August 25, 2013

Supernatural is amazing, give your younger teens a chance to try it

Honestly? I started watching this show when I was eleven or twelve, no lie. I am now 17 and the only negative impact this show has made on my life is that since I started watching at such a young age I can't remember a time in my life without it -I have ADD so my childhood is kind of a blur- and the idea of being one day separated from this show terrifies be because it's THAT GOOD! As for age 16 being when you should start watching it, eeehhhhh... I was a pretty easily scared child back then and while the show offered me a couple thrills back then it never emotionally or mentally scared my innocent young mind, lol. The little thrills and chills are what made it fun! Maybe don't let your kids start watching until thirteen, but again I was only like eleven or twelve when I started so I can't really say anything about appropriate ages without sounding hypocritical. You don't need to worry about your kids freaking out and curling up into little balls of fear, it's not THAT scary and unless your teen/preteen is easily scared then they'll be fine. As for sex that is really not an issue when you're younger seeing as you don't really understand it. Violence in Supernatural is very obviously prominent so if your kids are delicate puritan children who faint at the sight of blood then maybe they shouldn't watch. Language and drinking are also prominent, yes, but again I never started swearing or drinking just because Dean and Sam did. I did develop an particularly strong love of Dean's Impala and classic rock though, so there's that :). All in all, the show is really great and if your fourteen year old says they want to try it don't get caught up in preconceived notions and give them a chance. I promise it won't make them desensitized psychopaths with an addiction to alcohol, sex and breaking the law. The show is rich in plot line and gives you plenty of different interesting topics to chew on while getting a nice helping of horror-movie-magic every week. So loosen the leash, give your teen/preteen some wiggle room and allow THEM to decide whether or not this is the show for them. If they don't like it, no harm no foul, but if they do they'll be happier for it and have a new amazing TV show to watch every Tuesday :).
Teen, 14 years old Written byMartha-Jane August 18, 2013

Amazing show!

I've been watching this show for a few months now, and have fallen completely in love with it. To begin with I was wary of any violence, or generally scary scenes as I'm usually pretty spooked by anything even slightly scary, but I haven't been scared by anything in this show at all! Maybe a bit gruesome, but nothing too bad. There are some great story lines, and the two main characters, brothers Sam and Dean, are, most of the time, really good role models, and a big element of the show is the value of family. Some very sensitive kids might not enjoy this show, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Supernatural to most people I know 12 and up!
Teen, 16 years old Written byMUSTACHE371 August 11, 2013

BEST SHOW EVER.

BEST SHOW EVER MADE. IF YOU DONT WATCH IT YOU WILL BE DAMNED TO HELL.
Teen, 13 years old Written byiphonetyper77 July 31, 2013

It's fine for 12+

The other reviews for this show are totally off... I started watching a few years back, and about the language, at 12 you're already in middle school. All the words that are used "b*tch, ass, etc. " we already know... The sex part, yeah, Dean does do it quite frequently, but no nudity whatsoever. Drinking is a very heavy part of this show, but as 12+ year olds we are already exposed to that everywhere else.
Teen, 13 years old Written byButtholeMcStinkyPant July 31, 2013

epix

it is amazing show i wuv it so much <33333333
Teen, 13 years old Written byJason Parker July 11, 2013

Supernetural

It was the best tv show for me until it got to 8th season and I got sick of it. It is alwas the same thing hunting!!! Every episode they hunt. If it wasn't for a main problem like the apocalypse, yellow eyed demon etc. it would have been boring.
Teen, 15 years old Written byGreysonGirl98 June 29, 2013

Good, but has a lot of things kids shouldn't see.

I love this show. It's funny, scary, heartbreaking all at the same time. That being said, sex scenes are ridiculously long and drawn out and there is (obviously) a lot of gore. A LOT of gore. Also, the series surrounds two young adult men in many stressful situations, so drinking and cursing follow all the time.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJanelleG June 13, 2013

love it

Kid, 12 years old May 30, 2013

13 years of age and up

I believe that "Supernatural," is a great movie just a little scary. Some people may not want to watch it due to the scariness of the show, but other than that it is great, I mostly have seen violence, and drinking, there is nothing else on them that I have saw. If you are wondering how much violence is in it. I would say a good 9 out of 10 stars. 1 being the least and 10 being the most. Now, if you are wondering how much drug activity is in the "Supernatural," I would give a 4 star out of 10. I would recommend 13 years of age and up to watch this video, but people that get scared easily should not watch this show.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHarmolina April 23, 2013

Great series, don't watch if you're afraid of the dark.

I am a television series addict, and this is one of my favorites! This series is just awesome! It can be quite frightening though, and if you are afraid of the dark, this will definitely increase your fear. But it is a great series, so if you have no problem with supernatural stuff and some violence and blood, this is something you should watch.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjulia98 April 19, 2013

Such a great show

This is such an amazing show, and the only things I would worry about are sex and violence. The sex isn't that bad, there's only like 1 "sex scene" per couple of seasons and Sam and Dean don't make inappropriate remarks too often. The violence is pretty bad though, especially around season 3. Overall, it's one of my favorite shows and it's definately worth watching.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKatherinePertrova March 15, 2013

AMAZING!

This is one of the best shows, EVER. Although it has strong violence scenes, it is filled with strong messages and good role models. The whole series is essentially about brotherly love and protecting your family. The two main characters have gone through a lot but still try to do the right thing. Although its not always easy to distinguish what it is good and bad, the characters always try to help people and learn that not everything is black and white. However, they do steal, kill and lie to authorities. I thoroughly recommend this for 16 up and most 14 and 15 year olds will be able to handle it. Beware, Season 1 is the scariest!
Teen, 15 years old Written byKickPhanStickz March 11, 2013

It's great :)

I personally think this show is terrific. Sure, it's pretty bloody, and if you don't want your children thinking about certain monsters, or shipping Angels with Hunters... then I don't suggest allowing them to watch it, but there are a quite a few positive messages and role-models on the show. It's just that certain parents only see the gory stuff, and don't take note of anything in between. All in all, it's a wonderful show. Not the best for anyone under the age of thirteen, but excellent. If you're a hardcore Christian I can understand why you wouldn't want your children watching the show, but it's still great, so... Yeah.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMiss_Holly March 1, 2013

Best. TV. Show. Ever.

I love this TV show. It's funny, quirky and let's face it.... the cast is attractive. I started watching this when I was 12, and I was fine. It may be frightening for kids under, say, 12 or 13, and under 16s who are especially sensitive, but it is actually a great show. There is some swearing, but nothing over b**** or d***, and that is used a lot in each episode. There is also a few sex scenes, some mild talk of it, and some referencing. The violence is the thing that pushes the rating up (the most.) There is a lot of blood and gore and violence. Not for sensitive teenagers or people under 12 or 13. Some scenes are in fact VERY frightening, with violence to rival that of The Walking Dead. Some icky and cringe-worthy moments, some that will test your queasy stomach, and there HAVE been some scenes that have made me want to cry. But not only the violence, sometimes its the thoughts and ideas that leave you with nightmares, afraid to look out your window at night. Not so much the violence, as the implications of what happens, though violence is still a very big factor. Clowns, demons, ghosts.... Not for the faint-hearted. I say for 12 or 13 year olds who are mature and can stomach it, but be cautious with easily-sickened children and sensitive teenagers. This could affect them. Better off for young adults in all honesty, but not completely ruled out for tweens and young teens, as long as they are mature and have a strong stomach. If people are under 15 or 14, do not allow them to watch seasons 6, 7, and 8 if they get scared in earlier seasons, because 6, 7 and 8 are the most violent seasons and definitely the most scary. So, if sensitive and prone to nightmares, do not allow them to watch these seasons. Ages 12 + up if they are strong and mature.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymovie/gamefan February 13, 2013

supernatural review

This is a good show and is the 1st best show on cw33. I am extemely glad its running its 8th season of the hit show and if it does end on season 10 i will be watching it to see what happens to sam and dean who are the best. but my Favorite chaecter is castel (misha collins)
Teen, 15 years old Written byBrennaIsBest February 6, 2013

More Than Meets the Eye

While the show features violence and language, the main characters are positive role models whose constant message is to stick up for family and do what is right.