All member reviews for Survivors

Thought-provoking post-apocalyptic drama has mature themes.

Parent of a 14 year old Written byVicky567 September 3, 2012

Survivors alright for 14 or up

This show is fantastic when it was airing me and my pals always tuned in to watch, however I would probably not recommend it to anyone who is younger than the age of 12 or 14. This show, although has not got much sexual content, contains quite a bit of sexual threat. There are two main scenes that would concern me. One is where two men drag a woman upstairs with obvious motives. However she quickly escapes and the two men eventually get caught. The other one is when a main character goes up to a powerful man for help who says she will have to pay a prove and since she had nothing to give, he rapes her... The violence isn't too graphic but can be pretty strong at times. But another problem with the show Is the medical scenes at times which can be disturbing and iffy. People are operated on and wounds are stitched back together (all which are incredibly bloody and iffy).
Teen, 17 years old Written bymaskedmoose February 13, 2010

Survivors is an exciting, gritty series. I'm currently enjoying series 2, but it is a lot darker. The main issue I have is the frequent occurences of sexual threat. Early on in series 2, one main character is raped and it's all quite disturbing. Still, very enjoyable series, just keep in mind the mature subject matter before showing it to kids!
Teen, 14 years old Written bytidal9334 October 12, 2014