All member reviews for Switched at Birth

Teen, 13 years old Written bymngirl June 29, 2011

Great Show!

The first episodes were better on Switched At Birth, now its almost become too much about jealously. However, its still a good show and has positive messages and role models. It's good for mature eleven-year-olds. I'm thirteen and I watch it with my mom, younger sister, and sometimes my cousin every time its on. It's overall a good show, but if your under eleven I would recommend watching it with an adult. It's TV-14, but its just good to know your kid before letting them watch it. It's a fun show to watch Tuesday nights at 8/7 central and I would highly recommend this show! The show does get you sucked in and you really want to know what happens. Bay drinks underage, but Regina is trying to always get her out of it. Daphne, and Daphne's real brother, Toby, Bay, and even Wilky at times are my four favorite characters!!! I wish they'd bring Liam back into it. And now I really want to know what is going to happen!
Teen, 13 years old Written bycalmdownandwrite January 15, 2013

Awesome show! :D

Switched at Birth is appropriate for some mature 12 year olds but should be fine for any teen over 13. It depends on the kid and the family. Personally, I think this is an awesome show. But I recommend parents watch it with younger teens. There are a few sexual references/scenes that could possibly make them uncomfortable or just bring up conversation. Other than that, there are some positive messages and role models especially when it comes to the fact that Daphne is deaf. All of the main characters do make mistakes but, unlike some other shows aimed towards teenagers, they learn from them in the end. I think this could bring parents closer to their teens and give them something to talk about and connect with them. Highly recommended. :)
Kid, 11 years old July 12, 2011

Great Show!

I love this show! It has positive messages and when ever a character does something bad they are punished and they learn a lesson. In one episode, there was a lot of talk about sex because Bay (the girl with dark hair) came home at three am after making out with her boyfriend. It is also a great way to learn about deaf culture since some of the characters are deaf.
Kid, 11 years old August 19, 2011

The Best

I soooooooooooooooooooooooooo luv this show i watch it every monday best show ever i love it so much. i cant wait for season 2. awesome shoe
Teen, 14 years old Written bySoftballlover June 11, 2011

Switched at Birth is a great show!

I thought this show was going to be really bad. But it ended up being a really wonderful show to watch! I love it!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bydaizythacker March 23, 2013

cool

i love it
Teen, 13 years old Written byStoddert December 26, 2011

Great Show!

I love this show. There is so much to learn about the deaf community. It portrays deaf and hard of hearing people like real people. Switched at Birth begins it's winter season Tuesday January 3, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Teen, 14 years old Written bylillian1997 August 10, 2011

Boring...

First few episodes were okay. Now they are boring. The Nine Lives of Chloe King on Tuesdays 9/8c are way better and I recommed watching The Nine Lives of Chloe King before Switched at Birth.
Teen, 16 years old Written bylalaland503 June 20, 2011

AWESOME SHOW!

I LOVE this show and it is awesome it talks about real life situations and how it is hard dealing with money.It has good role models and i really love it and you should to.
Kid, 10 years old June 17, 2011

understand.

i love this show its so exciting and it tells a story nothing bad about it except bay does things like get a piercing and try to smoke but her mom stops her and it shows smoking is bad i highly love the show and i think ten year olds can see it if they understand.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMissE1000 June 15, 2011

Highly recomend this show

I really like this show. I never usually watch ABC family, but I liked this show. I think that my only concern would be the amount of drugs. None of the teens use drugs, but Bay had a fake ID and her biological mother is a recovering alcoholic. The way it is handled is very good, because of how Regina tells Bay she never wants her to end up like one and no matter what, she is an alcoholic, it was a mistake, and she can recover from it. On the positive side, Daphne is deaf, and it does open eyes as to what deaf people are really like. Good show .
Kid, 10 years old July 23, 2015

It's ok.

It's an ok movie, it's not my favorite of all tv shows but I like it. I have watched the seasons. The first episode was quite emotional. It has very very little language. It uses the occasional word "B***h" from time to time but over all it's fine. It has some sexual scenes, but not really major. There is some young teens drinking and then getting arrested which might set a wrong impression for a kid 12 and below.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhopebby16 July 22, 2015

Good for teens, but NOT for tweens!!

I watched all of the episodes thus far and I definitely think this show is an amazing teenage show! But, this is NOT for tweens! You should know this show has extremely high levels of sex content (mostly in the third season). This show actually had to put in a "viewer discretion advised" note before one episode that talked about being raped. I actually had to skip it because it was that intense. And I watch very mature shows. Not only that, but it deals with lots of crimes like blackmail and underage drinking. But it does have a few good messages. Like when one girl takes the blame for her sister.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKkkayla April 20, 2015

A great show but some inappropriate parts

This show is a very good show for 13 1415-year-olds but need to be mature and The show also talks about and shows sex kissing and mature content
Teen, 15 years old Written byBlackSheep15 February 18, 2015

Great Show- Just Not for Younger Audiences...

Switched at Birth is a phenomenal show. I watched the first episode and was immediately enthralled. Though the situation is something most people cannot relate to, the characters are still realistic and it really shows life with two teen daughters! The show is appropriate for children ages 13 or 14 and up mainly because of some language, sexual topics (none of which are shown on screen, just referenced to) and scenes involving alcohol (and eventually in the show, a scene involving drugs). Other than that, the show's really great and everyone 14 and up should check it out!
Teen, 14 years old Written byjean27596 January 21, 2015

really good

it's really good. there are some things that are iffy but its really good. a lot of the main characters are deaf and i learned sign language from it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycourtney_2001 January 12, 2015

Mature Topics

This show is great for 12 and 13 year olds, and some mature 11 year olds. It cover adults topics and can be a lot to take in if you're not mature enough to watch it. But it also gives off great messages about accepting people for who they are. There is some iffy content like cheating on partners, mild sexual content, drug use, and teen drinking. Characters are shown at college parties where teenagers drink and some experiment with drugs. Multiple people cheat on their partners. There is some kissing and cuddling between opposite sex couples. It never shows past female characters in a bra and pants and male characters shirtless, though it hints towards more later. If you have ever let your child watch Pretty Little Liars, The Fosters, Friends, Gossip Girl, or Gilmore Girls, you can let them watch this.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRtora June 13, 2014

great show

Teen, 13 years old Written byEliteDreamer June 1, 2014

Looking For Something Mature But Fun?

If you are on a hunt for inappropriate TV shows that your parents will let you watch, then you have come to the right place! The series features the victims of a hospital mix up going through their teenage years knowing that their lives could've been completely different. The shows deals with deeper issues, including a girl who's deaf and relationship drama, but it deals with them in a nicer way, and is a better representation than the over-exaggerated world we see on most TV shows. The teens make mistakes but work through them, learning a lesson in most cases, and there are a few iffy scenes (sex, stealing a test, gambling). The show is well plotted and enjoyable, and you will be wanting to keep watching. Just keep in mind, the backgrounds of the adults and their story is just as vibrant as the kid's story. Other than that, the show is a go to pick!
Kid, 12 years old May 25, 2014

Love it but not appropriate!!!!

One of my favorite tv shows! It has sexual content and cursing!You have to watch from beginning to end to understand!!!