All member reviews for Team Umizoomi

Super team teaches preschoolers real-life math applications.

Parent Written byMelissaBeth February 19, 2015

Great for Math and Counting, but very distinct blue/pink Gender Separation

My 2.5 YO daughter loves this show. I started showing it for her to help with her one-to-one correspondence. She's really excited to count now, and enjoys the interactivity of the show. My main problem is that the two "human" characters are very gender separate. The girl, "Millie" has powers related to changing patterns on her dress. Her pigtails are measuring tapes. The boy "Geo" makes shapes with his belt. Geo or the robot, "Bot" performs all physical activities. Millie doesn't do anything physical. It's extremely pink/blue gender separate in a number of ways. I find myself trying to have abstract conversations with my daughter about why it's not fair that Millie can't use roller skates and skateboards. The problem is that this type of messaging is too subtle to be actively grasped by a child of my daughter's age, but she will be absorbing it nonetheless. Overall, I think this show is good for helping my kid with math, but it's regrettable how gender is treated. I really wish it was more gender neutral.
Adult Written bySamanthamaster1 November 21, 2014

Educational for preschoolers and adventurous for everyone else.

Team Umizoomi is a great show for everyone preschool aged and older. because, preschoolers will learn about patterns, comparing, and, basic math such as addition and subtraction, it will also be fun for everyone else, because, they already have the knowledge to participate in the adventure. Even if your're older than preschool, you can also still enjoy the fun songs they sing.
Kid, 11 years old August 11, 2012

IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM DON'T CALL TEAM UMIZOOMI CALL GHOSTBUSTERS
Kid, 9 years old September 2, 2012

TV-PG-V for some violence.

Violence: Some peril, but nobody ever gets hurt.
Educator Written bykvlibrarian February 18, 2010

I'm happy to see a preschool program that's engaging, fun, and focused on mathematics. My only complaint is that the female character's special power is to change her outfit's color/pattern to match things.
Adult Written bypatrickthornhill November 2, 2014

pros: maths skills, cons: reinforcing gender stereotypes

I have a four year old daughter so I am constantly bombarded by Disney Princess pink banality.. This seemed on the face different and I was impressed with how engaged she is in maths and problem solving. It was only after a few episodes did I notice that the boy character was solving problems using geometry and basic engineering with a utility belt, the girl character was solving problems with patterns on her dress or by evoking magic power hair!? Pity.... 21st century anyone?
Kid, 10 years old October 11, 2013

GET MOOSE-A-MOOSE BACK!!!!

what happend to moose-a-moose?! Get him instead this junk!
Teen, 17 years old Written byILoveTacoBell September 19, 2013

Take it out with the trash.

Another BAD show from Nick Jr. *sighs* I remember when little kids shows were good (with the best being 64 Zoo Lane). Today's little kid shows are just garbage, and Team Umizoomi is just another piece of crap kid show. It's too boring, the songs are so annoying, etc. Nick Jr, i'm slowly loosing faith in you.
Kid, 10 years old January 31, 2011

Outstanding!!!

This is an outstanding show! It is very educational! Milli's pattern changing dress and pigtails teach kids about patterns and measurment. Geo's great building skills will teach kids about geometry and shapes. Bot's fun and energetic character is just what preschoolers are looking for! If you haven't watched this show yet, you really should! You'll love it!
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written byKZMama October 22, 2010

Math on TV

My kids love this show! It makes math fun--learning counting, patterns and more.
Parent of a 3, 6, and 9 year old Written byMamaNikkiP August 17, 2010

Good educational cartoon

My 3 yr old enjoys this show and it doesn't totally annoy me like some shows do. Good messages, up beat, educational.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byAmommy May 16, 2010

My 2.5 yo loves it!!! She looks around for shapes and patterns and counts everything...
Parent of a 2 year old Written byNatty1 April 29, 2010

Perfect for ages 1-6 i think

My 17 month old loves team umizoomi. i think its educational, fun, friendly, polite, they can dance and sing with it, ITS ALL AROUND A GREAT SHOW!
Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byTandLMommy28 March 29, 2010

My Kids love Umi!

Love it! I actually expected it to be really dumb but decided the kids could watch it just once to check it out! I absolutely love it. I think it provides more knowledge that kids actually need to learn rather than random facts (what 4 year old really NEEDS to know every species of penguin like they teach on Diego???). Understanding that everything is made of shapes is so awesome. I love the episode that gives a basic understanding of how the post office works as well. Very impressed with this show so far!
Parent of an infant, 2, and 4 year old Written bySabahatRM July 21, 2015

Fun and learning

Great for fun, adventure and learning shapes and pattern. I have three boys and they all love it...upbeat and cute. I don't like much else on nick jr. But this and Blues Clues!
Parent of an infant, 4, and 5 year old Written bytristad April 28, 2015

love it

My 4 year old loves this show. Cant get her away from it shes learned so much about shapes and measuring and patterns. My 5 month old loves it too he gets super excited when it comes on.
Kid, 12 years old April 24, 2015

Kid, 9 years old June 19, 2014

Way to go, Nick Jr!

The theme song explains it all! UMIZOOMI! UMIZOOMI ZOOMI ZOOMI! In a city not so far away, Umi City, you can count on them to save the day! YAY! They can measure, build it together, I can help them, I'm so clever. They have mighty math powers, I can call them any hour! They are a tiny team. They go behind the scenes! There's nothing they can't do, Milli, Geo, Bot and me! A winner in my book! RIP Team Umizoomi 2010-2014 :( Bad move to cancel the best tv show from Nick Jr, should've canceled Dora or Zack and Quack.
Kid, 10 years old April 29, 2014

Team Crappyzoomi

This show is garbage, watch Teen Titans Go!.
Kid, 10 years old October 28, 2013

ANNOYING

THE WORST SHOW DORA AND TEAM UMIZOOMI ARE THE WORST SHOWS EVER!!! THE SONGS ARE REALLY ANNOYING AND IT GIVES ME A HEADACHE AND IT TEACHES LITTLE KIDS TO STEAL THIS SHOW SUCKS AND ITS STUPID THE GIRL,BOY,THE ROBOT,AND THE CAR ARE STUPID!!!