All parent member reviews for Team Umizoomi

Adult Written bySamanthamaster1 November 21, 2014

Educational for preschoolers and adventurous for everyone else.

Team Umizoomi is a great show for everyone preschool aged and older. because, preschoolers will learn about patterns, comparing, and, basic math such as addition and subtraction, it will also be fun for everyone else, because, they already have the knowledge to participate in the adventure. Even if your're older than preschool, you can also still enjoy the fun songs they sing.
Parent Written byMelissaBeth February 19, 2015

Great for Math and Counting, but very distinct blue/pink Gender Separation

My 2.5 YO daughter loves this show. I started showing it for her to help with her one-to-one correspondence. She's really excited to count now, and enjoys the interactivity of the show. My main problem is that the two "human" characters are very gender separate. The girl, "Millie" has powers related to changing patterns on her dress. Her pigtails are measuring tapes. The boy "Geo" makes shapes with his belt. Geo or the robot, "Bot" performs all physical activities. Millie doesn't do anything physical. It's extremely pink/blue gender separate in a number of ways. I find myself trying to have abstract conversations with my daughter about why it's not fair that Millie can't use roller skates and skateboards. The problem is that this type of messaging is too subtle to be actively grasped by a child of my daughter's age, but she will be absorbing it nonetheless. Overall, I think this show is good for helping my kid with math, but it's regrettable how gender is treated. I really wish it was more gender neutral.
Educator Written bykvlibrarian February 18, 2010

I'm happy to see a preschool program that's engaging, fun, and focused on mathematics. My only complaint is that the female character's special power is to change her outfit's color/pattern to match things.
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written byKZMama October 22, 2010

Math on TV

My kids love this show! It makes math fun--learning counting, patterns and more.
Parent of a 3, 6, and 9 year old Written byMamaNikkiP August 17, 2010

Good educational cartoon

My 3 yr old enjoys this show and it doesn't totally annoy me like some shows do. Good messages, up beat, educational.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byAmommy May 16, 2010

My 2.5 yo loves it!!! She looks around for shapes and patterns and counts everything...
Parent of a 2 year old Written byNatty1 April 29, 2010

Perfect for ages 1-6 i think

My 17 month old loves team umizoomi. i think its educational, fun, friendly, polite, they can dance and sing with it, ITS ALL AROUND A GREAT SHOW!
Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byTandLMommy28 March 29, 2010

My Kids love Umi!

Love it! I actually expected it to be really dumb but decided the kids could watch it just once to check it out! I absolutely love it. I think it provides more knowledge that kids actually need to learn rather than random facts (what 4 year old really NEEDS to know every species of penguin like they teach on Diego???). Understanding that everything is made of shapes is so awesome. I love the episode that gives a basic understanding of how the post office works as well. Very impressed with this show so far!
Parent of an infant, 4, and 5 year old Written bytristad April 28, 2015

love it

My 4 year old loves this show. Cant get her away from it shes learned so much about shapes and measuring and patterns. My 5 month old loves it too he gets super excited when it comes on.
Parent Written byfrankyboone October 27, 2013

decent show

fun and simple. Repetitive enough for my son to answer, but not to boring for me to strip my head bald.
Parent of a 2 and 3 year old Written byroyce2009 January 23, 2013

love it

me two nephes love this show
Parent of a 2 and 9 year old Written byKidsAndMommy August 31, 2011

i love this

Parent of a 2 year old Written bythesavants08 April 7, 2011

Great Introduction to Math for little ones!

I love the fact that they finally came out with a show for kids about math. It's actually fun too! The songs are very catchy which helps remember patterns and shapes. It also shows them using math in their daily lives. I mean who has never heard a kid ask "when am I going to use this?!" It shows that math is a tool we do use everyday even when we don't realize it. I love it!
Parent of a 3 year old Written byKick_Kiki April 1, 2011

Great for Preschoolers

Our son really enjoys this show. And the educational value really shows when it comes to his number/pattern knowledge. The colors and such really draw the kids in and keep their attention. Plus Umizoomi is fun for them to say. I added highlight to 'role models' because they're always helping someone solve a problem.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byClarin March 10, 2011

Great Show

This show is so cute! My twin 2.5 year girls love this show. They've really done well on their shapes & I HATE math, so anything that is going to help my kids with math is great!
Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byNedB February 17, 2011

A thumbs up from our two year old, who is learning from it

Our two year old loves Team Umizoomi and, as a result, has already started recognizing numbers and naming them when he sees them on other objects (today he found a phree (three) and niee (nine). He also loves to provide answers when prompted by the show (even if he doesn't completely understand the question, though frequently he does.) Today he correctly recognized a color pattern and called out his word for 'yellow' when it was the answer in the color pattern the show was presenting. He's certainly learning from the show, when he gets a chance to watch it.
Parent Written bysparty February 14, 2011

When there is a problem in Umicity, Geo, Bot, Millie and umifriend (your kids) will use their shapes, patterns and number activities to help solve problems.
Parent of a 5 year old Written byearthgirl1975 December 10, 2010

Perfect for kids learning to count.

My daughter simply loves this show. She gets so excited when she hears the theme song. She is a 5 year autistic kids and not all shows interest her and this is sure of them that does.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byItsIce October 22, 2010

Perfect Show for the toddler

Very cute show! My two year old loves to watch the show.. it's the only show that will hold his attention. Some other people on here just sound plain crazy LOL
Parent of a 2, 8, and 8 year old Written byjakeandjonathansmom July 1, 2010

Perfect for preschoolers

My two year old loves this show. I would highly recommend it for children who are learning math skills.