All member reviews for Teen Wolf

Monsters + forbidden love = guilty pleasure for teens.

Parent of a 11 and 15 year old Written bymaireadsmama June 7, 2013

I disagree - this is not okay for younger teens

I'm not sure how many episodes the adults have watched who've reviewed this show and rated it ok for 12 year-olds. I've now watched the first six episodes of the first season, and I find the sexual content to be way beyond what I'd be comfortable having a twelve year-old watch. The main characters' relationship, while it is caring, is supposed to be between two 16 year olds and is primarily focused on the physical. After one date, the girl's friend advises her to make sure she has condoms, and tells her to "just give him a taste." Same girl, called out for pretending to be bad at bowling "strictly for (her boyfriend's) benefit, says, "Trust me - I do plenty of sucking strictly for his benefit." Girlfriend encourages boy to take off her clothes. I could go on. Am I mistaken in thinking this is all way too much about sex for young teens and tweens?
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written byMelissa D. February 17, 2014

Teen Wolf is good for older teens

I think giving this a 13 for appropriate is wrong. There's plenty of sexual content in this show. Because the show is on MTV the commercials are risque and I would recommend watching on Netflix or DVR so you can speed through the commercials that are equally not appropriate.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybigbangtheory143 June 17, 2012

Too violent

It's just way too violent and it's rated MA in Australia which just proves my point.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFangslash June 12, 2011

FANGS

Seems to be a little too gory for me. Dead bodies and blood. But his abilities look AWESOME!
Educator and Parent of a 13 and 15 year old Written byrobdrescher August 18, 2014

Going against the norm

After watching some episodes, and I'll watch a couple more, I'm a little concerned on some of the messages. To make sure I wasn't being overly critical, I met with a group of teenagers and asked them their real opinions of the show. I also though it pertinent to give my background, so parents know where I'm coming from. Attended several private schools, a boarding school from Elementary to HS, and of course a university, I was exposed to quite a variety of issues and situations. Some military background and the Director of Technology for a private school, I've seen it all. My daughter, being interested in the show, I decided I'd check it out, before she got hooked on it and a show down might ensue. After watching a few episodes, I join the concern of a fellow parent poster. Teenage girls shouldn't be telling their friends to make sure to have some condoms handy. Yes, kids might talk about that in school, but it's not something 13 year olds need to see and think about regularly watching a tv series, regardless of their maturity level. "They don't show much "Sex" I'm told. Any "Sex" is not ok for my 13 year old daughter. Drinking? The kids are not 21, so why have drinking? Realistic? Really? Just because everyone is doing it, doesn't mean it's ok to show over and over. Murder, with no sense of remorse. Blackmail? So far, I do not find it an appropriate show for 13 year olds. What amazes me is how many kids under 13 are commenting on the show. Where are the parents? I'm for one, not going to take advice from a 10 year old. With all that being said, I sat down with my class and asked the 11th graders, what they thought of the show and what age it should be rated at. I was surprised that most of the girls in the class said it should not be viewed by anyone not in HS. The guys on the other hand, said they think 15 is ok for the show, but most of them said if they had siblings at 13, they would not let them watch it. But decide for yourself, but remember to challenge yourself and remember your child will be watching this show. Does this mean I wouldn't let my 15 yr old daughter watch a movie with me with some mature scenes? No. As I would be able to discuss those scenes with her, and it's a single "movie" and not something they watch over and over alone. Their is a difference. I'm also mature enough to know when a show is NOT ok for my self as well. Yes, I'm mature enough to know that there are some things inappropriate for adults as well. I hope this helps. Again, judge for yourself.
Teen, 14 years old Written byhiphoph April 21, 2014

LEARNING

BEWARE: Not For Kids

I started watching Teen Wolf after a friend suggested it to me. Here's what you need to know: Season 1 is relatively safe. There's a LOT of violence. The first episode shows the body of a girl who had been torn in half. There's a flashback of a werewolf attack. There are various fighting scenes between werewolves and hunters. Werewolf attacks occur almost every episode. There are flashbacks to a fire, in which many people died. A girl's aunt has her throat slashed. A werewolf is set on fire, then has his throat sliced. There is also some swearing, though the worst thing they say is "$#it". Two main characters are in a romantic relationship (they kiss many times). A friend informs a girl to give a guy "a taste". A packaged condom is shown. Season 2 gets more bizarre. A teen boy starts killing people. Two main characters have delusions. There's one disturbing scene in which a snake goes into a teen's mouth, then breaks through his eye (all of this is only in the teen's mind). It's shown that a boy had suffered abuse in the past (his father throws things at him and used to lock him in a box in their basement). Hunters cut werewolves in half in order to kill them. A werewolf comes back to life. A main character's mother commits suicide after she gets bit by a werewolf. Teens and adults are held captive. A teenager drowns. A grandfather is willing to kill his own children is order to be cured from cancer. There are also several sexual scenes. It is assumed that several main characters are sexually active. There is a flashback of two teenagers in bed together. A mothers asks a boy if he's sleeping with her daughter. Season 3 continues to get worse. Several teenage characters die. There's a scene is which a man's head is crushed in. People start being killed for sacrifices. Each sacrifice is strangled, has their throat slit, and their head bashed it. A man has arrows stuck into his eyes. TONS OF VIOLENCE. Teens are poisoned so that they try to commit suicide. None of them succeed, but we hear and see creepy scenes of the voices trying to convince them to kill themselves. A boy almost drowns, and another almost lights himself on fire. A werewolf is impaled (though he doesn't die). There are more sexual scenes. One girl is very promiscuous; she's shown kissing several guys, we see a man in her bed, and she claims that she doesn't want a boyfriend, she wants a "distraction". Another girl says that she doesn't want to be a "seventeen year old virgin" anymore, and kisses a main character. They intend to sleep together, and the boy gets condoms, but the girl disappears. Two girls kiss. Two boys kiss. Adult characters make out on a bed. A teen boy walks into a bathroom while a girl's taking a shower and says it's okay, since he'd seen her naked before. It's suggested that a boy has a erection. I wouldn't suggest the show for teens. I watched it much longer than I should have, because I hoped that it would get better as it went on. Sadly, it didn't. It's very gruesome, very sexual, and has very few role models.
Adult Written byXPURPLElemonadex June 5, 2012

Can't miss it!

I'm 17 and I love this show. It is a little violent on the dead bisected bodies and blood front, but other than that it's really good. Season 2 is a little steamier than Season 1 with some make out sessions that made even me blush. Really funny, gripping teen drama. One to watch.
Adult Written bySpartyon June 14, 2011

Teen Wolf Series pretty good

I really like this show it's pretty good maybe scary for some with blood & dead bodies. And it deals with what teens go through in life at that time there first love friends etc.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLexiStyles May 3, 2014

Best Show Ever!

I am in love with this show, and have been since I was 13. It's amazing, yet I think that 12 year olds aren't mature enough for the dirty minded things that sometimes happen, like the sex and stuff.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRyleepowers2000 November 14, 2013

I love the show......But.....

Hellooooo world! I love Teen Wolf, but there are some problems with it. Now I've seen Argo, Firefly, Once Upon a Time and Bones. Teen Wolf has some sex issues like in season 1 Allison and Scott almost have sex and some of the other characters have some 'steamy' kisses. Violence is OK (I watch Bones), but if you have a weak stomach DO NOT WATCH!!!! Role models are good except for The Alpha, don't do what he does (; Scott and Stiles really try to keep their friends, family and Beacon Hills relatively safe even though they break the rules to do it. All in all a pretty good show! See ya! Rylee
Teen, 13 years old Written bysillywiz June 8, 2011

ON FOR 10

I just watched teen wolf with my sibs and we all loved it. its great and happy and shows how a teen s coping with scary options.
Adult Written byHollyworld April 20, 2014

Terrific teen series - use your judgment with your tween

As an adult woman, I love this show. It is my new "Buffy", with great character arcs, angsty romance, solid writing and acting, fun special effects and fights and strong female characters. Dylan O'Brien is especially talented, and it's fun to watch his dark turn in Season 3. Some tweens will be ready for this show, some will not. There is violence, in the sense that there are great choreographed fight scenes, some blood, and deaths. It's not gory and graphic, but if you have a sensitive 11 or 12 year old, it might be too much. If your kid watched Hunger Games without flinching, they can watch this show. My 11 year old daughter watches and loves it, but she is pretty sophisticated in her viewing and knows it is all storytelling and fantasy, so she can deal. I actually thought the swearing and sex would be worse since it's an MTV show. I was pleasantly surprised at the mildness on both fronts. If your 12 year old doesn't know the facts of life yet, then maybe it's too much. If so, and they are ever around older kids (older siblings, older grades at school), then they've probably heard a lot worse than what's on this show. I can understand why some reviewers think it's appropriate for older teens, but it truly depends on the maturity and sensitivity of your own child. I would rather have her watch this quality show, depicting caring relationships, including important parent roles, exploring the meaning of leadership and loyalty, listening to clever dialogue, than some of the crappy shows on Disney.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymarcellugh June 11, 2013

i love this show

i've only seen the first 3 episodes and i really like it. i was already a huge fan of dylan o'brian so i wanted to check this out. it really is a good show. i think it is a bit violent and mature for kids under 13 or 12.
Kid, 10 years old July 17, 2011

Perfection!

I'M 10 AND I ADORE THIS SHOW! FINALLY NO WAMPIRES! It's not eerie but keeps you at the edge of your seat. Some kissing scenes, but not to intense. There are some words like hell and ass and the b-word and in one episode where Scott is dumped, his best friend, Stiles takes him out to get drunk on a bottle of Jack Daniels but I think it depends on your child. I love it!
Teen, 15 years old Written byTwilightfan_1056 July 21, 2011

Good show, but very innapropriate.

I think this show is great for older teens, it is definitely a relief to see something focused on werewolves rather than vampires!! I love the show so much, and watch it everytime it is on!! However, I do find the gory violence, sexual themes, and language very distracting, its kind of overpowering and ruins the show. So I give it 3 stars. Dey should of made it more like the original, i loved that by the way!! So anyways overall I think it is a great drama, but the unnessecary themes and language really make it inappropriate for young teens. Peace Out, Kylie
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieWizard July 10, 2011

WEREWOLVES ROCK!!!

This show is wolves all around with NO VAMPIRES! Finally. Great for teens who love action and romance.
Teen, 15 years old Written byElla_8 October 18, 2014

DONT LISTEN TO CSM'S REVIEW

It's so clear that the CSM people only watched the first episode of the first season... Their review may have been accurate then, but now the show is on season 5 and the violence is through the roof. I'm 15 who's into horror and some of that stuff could give ME nightmares, never mind a 13 year old. There are tons of blood and guts, and pretty much no violence is hidden. They have various forms of torture, from electrocuting to slowly slicing off a mans fingers one by one until he betrays his friends. There is also lots of using claws to murder people, splattering their blood and guts all over and leaving their bodies (or what's left of them) gruesomely displayed on the screen. This violence and gore starts around the 3rd season... The first 2 would probably be fine for 13 year olds, but after that, there is too much violence and gore. Also, it's CREEPY. Like, bloody-demons-possessing-people creepy. It's clear target audience is older teens to adults, which is why it's on so late at night. It's a great show, but if your child is prone to nightmares then I would steer clear.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheMonster March 8, 2014

Entertaining

There is a lot of violence in this show. Scott McCall is a great role model. He is one of the few characters in the show who doesn't want to deal with situations with violence.
Teen, 15 years old Written byElliewest777 May 4, 2015

Amazing show, must watch

Its a great show and whoever says its not is dead wrong. It's funny, witty, and an overall great show that combines suspense with a bit if horror with drama. The characters will grow on you, leaving you obsessed, not to mention EVERYONE is hot.
Teen, 16 years old Written bybook_obsession January 7, 2015

Love this show!

This show is incredible. Yes, it is a little violent but nothing too bad and I think the show is less horror and more action and thriller. There is also some language, alcohol use, and sex but no nudity and definitely nothing your kid can't handle if they are mature enough. The characters are wonderful and funny, the plots are suspenseful, and the action scenes are AWESOME. I compare this show to Buffy the Vampire Slayer (with a different plot of course). I don't recommend the show if you can't handle a little blood and gore.