All teen and kid member reviews for Teen Wolf

Teen, 15 years old Written bybigbangtheory143 June 17, 2012

Too violent

It's just way too violent and it's rated MA in Australia which just proves my point.
Teen, 14 years old Written byhiphoph April 21, 2014

LEARNING

BEWARE: Not For Kids

I started watching Teen Wolf after a friend suggested it to me. Here's what you need to know: Season 1 is relatively safe. There's a LOT of violence. The first episode shows the body of a girl who had been torn in half. There's a flashback of a werewolf attack. There are various fighting scenes between werewolves and hunters. Werewolf attacks occur almost every episode. There are flashbacks to a fire, in which many people died. A girl's aunt has her throat slashed. A werewolf is set on fire, then has his throat sliced. There is also some swearing, though the worst thing they say is "$#it". Two main characters are in a romantic relationship (they kiss many times). A friend informs a girl to give a guy "a taste". A packaged condom is shown. Season 2 gets more bizarre. A teen boy starts killing people. Two main characters have delusions. There's one disturbing scene in which a snake goes into a teen's mouth, then breaks through his eye (all of this is only in the teen's mind). It's shown that a boy had suffered abuse in the past (his father throws things at him and used to lock him in a box in their basement). Hunters cut werewolves in half in order to kill them. A werewolf comes back to life. A main character's mother commits suicide after she gets bit by a werewolf. Teens and adults are held captive. A teenager drowns. A grandfather is willing to kill his own children is order to be cured from cancer. There are also several sexual scenes. It is assumed that several main characters are sexually active. There is a flashback of two teenagers in bed together. A mothers asks a boy if he's sleeping with her daughter. Season 3 continues to get worse. Several teenage characters die. There's a scene is which a man's head is crushed in. People start being killed for sacrifices. Each sacrifice is strangled, has their throat slit, and their head bashed it. A man has arrows stuck into his eyes. TONS OF VIOLENCE. Teens are poisoned so that they try to commit suicide. None of them succeed, but we hear and see creepy scenes of the voices trying to convince them to kill themselves. A boy almost drowns, and another almost lights himself on fire. A werewolf is impaled (though he doesn't die). There are more sexual scenes. One girl is very promiscuous; she's shown kissing several guys, we see a man in her bed, and she claims that she doesn't want a boyfriend, she wants a "distraction". Another girl says that she doesn't want to be a "seventeen year old virgin" anymore, and kisses a main character. They intend to sleep together, and the boy gets condoms, but the girl disappears. Two girls kiss. Two boys kiss. Adult characters make out on a bed. A teen boy walks into a bathroom while a girl's taking a shower and says it's okay, since he'd seen her naked before. It's suggested that a boy has a erection. I wouldn't suggest the show for teens. I watched it much longer than I should have, because I hoped that it would get better as it went on. Sadly, it didn't. It's very gruesome, very sexual, and has very few role models.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFangslash June 12, 2011

FANGS

Seems to be a little too gory for me. Dead bodies and blood. But his abilities look AWESOME!
Teen, 15 years old Written byElla_8 October 18, 2014

DONT LISTEN TO CSM'S REVIEW

It's so clear that the CSM people only watched the first episode of the first season... Their review may have been accurate then, but now the show is on season 5 and the violence is through the roof. I'm 15 who's into horror and some of that stuff could give ME nightmares, never mind a 13 year old. There are tons of blood and guts, and pretty much no violence is hidden. They have various forms of torture, from electrocuting to slowly slicing off a mans fingers one by one until he betrays his friends. There is also lots of using claws to murder people, splattering their blood and guts all over and leaving their bodies (or what's left of them) gruesomely displayed on the screen. This violence and gore starts around the 3rd season... The first 2 would probably be fine for 13 year olds, but after that, there is too much violence and gore. Also, it's CREEPY. Like, bloody-demons-possessing-people creepy. It's clear target audience is older teens to adults, which is why it's on so late at night. It's a great show, but if your child is prone to nightmares then I would steer clear.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLexiStyles May 3, 2014

Best Show Ever!

I am in love with this show, and have been since I was 13. It's amazing, yet I think that 12 year olds aren't mature enough for the dirty minded things that sometimes happen, like the sex and stuff.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRyleepowers2000 November 14, 2013

I love the show......But.....

Hellooooo world! I love Teen Wolf, but there are some problems with it. Now I've seen Argo, Firefly, Once Upon a Time and Bones. Teen Wolf has some sex issues like in season 1 Allison and Scott almost have sex and some of the other characters have some 'steamy' kisses. Violence is OK (I watch Bones), but if you have a weak stomach DO NOT WATCH!!!! Role models are good except for The Alpha, don't do what he does (; Scott and Stiles really try to keep their friends, family and Beacon Hills relatively safe even though they break the rules to do it. All in all a pretty good show! See ya! Rylee
Teen, 13 years old Written bysillywiz June 8, 2011

ON FOR 10

I just watched teen wolf with my sibs and we all loved it. its great and happy and shows how a teen s coping with scary options.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymarcellugh June 11, 2013

i love this show

i've only seen the first 3 episodes and i really like it. i was already a huge fan of dylan o'brian so i wanted to check this out. it really is a good show. i think it is a bit violent and mature for kids under 13 or 12.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTwilightfan_1056 July 21, 2011

Good show, but very innapropriate.

I think this show is great for older teens, it is definitely a relief to see something focused on werewolves rather than vampires!! I love the show so much, and watch it everytime it is on!! However, I do find the gory violence, sexual themes, and language very distracting, its kind of overpowering and ruins the show. So I give it 3 stars. Dey should of made it more like the original, i loved that by the way!! So anyways overall I think it is a great drama, but the unnessecary themes and language really make it inappropriate for young teens. Peace Out, Kylie
Kid, 10 years old July 17, 2011

Perfection!

I'M 10 AND I ADORE THIS SHOW! FINALLY NO WAMPIRES! It's not eerie but keeps you at the edge of your seat. Some kissing scenes, but not to intense. There are some words like hell and ass and the b-word and in one episode where Scott is dumped, his best friend, Stiles takes him out to get drunk on a bottle of Jack Daniels but I think it depends on your child. I love it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieWizard July 10, 2011

WEREWOLVES ROCK!!!

This show is wolves all around with NO VAMPIRES! Finally. Great for teens who love action and romance.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysophiah1 July 1, 2015

Amazing!! One of my favorite shows!!

In this show, there can be some violence and some casual flirting or making out. But other than that, kids 13 and up are very mature enough to handle it! This show is really entertaining and kids of all ages would love it!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheMonster March 8, 2014

Entertaining

There is a lot of violence in this show. Scott McCall is a great role model. He is one of the few characters in the show who doesn't want to deal with situations with violence.
Teen, 13 years old Written byImaan4ever October 25, 2012

Teen Wolf

Good teen drama. It is quite gory but freindly for tweens
Teen, 15 years old Written byElliewest777 May 4, 2015

Amazing show, must watch

Its a great show and whoever says its not is dead wrong. It's funny, witty, and an overall great show that combines suspense with a bit if horror with drama. The characters will grow on you, leaving you obsessed, not to mention EVERYONE is hot.
Teen, 16 years old Written bybook_obsession January 7, 2015

Love this show!

This show is incredible. Yes, it is a little violent but nothing too bad and I think the show is less horror and more action and thriller. There is also some language, alcohol use, and sex but no nudity and definitely nothing your kid can't handle if they are mature enough. The characters are wonderful and funny, the plots are suspenseful, and the action scenes are AWESOME. I compare this show to Buffy the Vampire Slayer (with a different plot of course). I don't recommend the show if you can't handle a little blood and gore.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycooldontcareblr September 6, 2014

Yes yes yes!

I'm 13, and I absolutely LOVE this show. I watch it every Monday night on MTV. I've read some of the other reviews, and honestly, to say this show is for a mature audience is like saying Dora is pg-13. The show is great with romance, comedy, and some horror. Okay, some parts can be a little blood and gutsy, so if you have a weak stomach, I wouldn't suggest watching. Most should be okay with it, though. There is a bit of swearing, but it doesn't go beyond 'hell' or 'ass'. There are some make outs, and some guys do take their shirts off, but it's totally appropriate. Also, no vampires! And, the show doesn't just have werewolves, in involves other creatures for different types of mythology (you can learn a bunch!) And, friendship is the main idea of the show, so it has some great messages.
Teen, 13 years old Written byToriLuvs5SOS July 7, 2014

Amazing!

Teen Wolf is the best show EVER! I absolutely love this show with a passion. This show DOES have a ton of shirtless guys in it and in a few episodes, you might catch a girl without a shirt (with a bra, of course). There is a lot of violence in it, but don't worry, it's not terrible. I recommend this show for kids 12 and up. :D
Kid, 11 years old January 1, 2014

TEEN WOLF

It is a very intense series with a good plot. It is only a show for 10+ if they that can stand alot of violence and blood. IT IS NOT FOR KIDS UNDER 10! Other then the violence and blood it is a very fun and will definitely keep you watching.
Kid, 11 years old July 19, 2013

Great Show Overall

Teen Wolf is really a great thriller for mature 11 year olds and up. It gets gory at some parts, like slashed throat brain mater gory, but only on occasion. There are some kissing scenes, but nothing crazy. If you watch the first six episodes you are going to think."wow.innapropriate." But once you ease into it fades out in to more subtle content. Language isn't that much of a problem past the first six episodes, with occasional hell and ass but that's it. Great show overall, and beware for extreme emotions. P.S there is a scene where Scott and Stiles share a bottle of Jack