All member reviews for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Violence overshadows positive messages in CGI remake.

Adult Written byJEDI micah September 30, 2012

ONE OF MY FAVORITE NICKTOONS!!!

Out of all the computer animated Nick shows, this one is the best! It's a great way to bring these pizza-loving reptilian ninjas back! The animation is decent and impressive! I like Michelangelo because he's the funniest! And parents, I know that Common Sense wants your kids to be safe with their choice of entertainment, but don't listen to them on this one! They are just being a bunch of idiots again, like when they gave T.U.F.F. Puppy 2 stars and Robot and Monster 4 stars! They do not know a good show when they see one! So if your kids know that violence in real life has consequences, then this is an ok show to watch! I think this show will be one of Nick's greatest, next to SpongeBob, Fairly OddParents, and T.U.F.F. Puppy! LONG LIVE THE TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES!!!
Kid, 12 years old August 1, 2013

Terrible show! Do not ever watch or it will kill you!

This show is terrible, CSM is right, the stuff they teach these kids can kill them or give them ending up consequences, the voices are annoying and just pathetic! I hope it gets cancelled. This is once again a failiure for nick and for tv shows these days.
Kid, 11 years old October 9, 2012

Turtle Power!!!

REALLY COMMON SENSE!?!?!?!?! TWO STARS!?!?!?!?!?1 This is an awesome show that deserves atleast 4 stars!!!!! I love this show!!!!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byTeenTv February 23, 2014

Amazing!

This show has been the best since the 80's and it's constantly getting better. It is great for kids because of its good role models and positive messages. Master Splinter is a wise rat, what can I say? He tells his sons never to be arrogant, he punishes them when it is necessary, and loves them to death. This is a great role model, and when young children watch this, they think of their own parents and how much their parents love them. Splinter isn't the only one who sends out positive messages, you know. Donatello is a hideous monster, right? He isn't, but that's what he thinks. He thinks because he is a turtle, he has no chance with his dream girl, (TEENAGE) April O'neil. This sends out more positive messages than you think- because as the show progresses, the two become closer and eventually, they will be lovers. This shows children that someone will love you, no matter what you look like. In turn, this show is good for kids of all ages because it sends out good messages and has great role models. Turtles, despite it's age, is still on top. Also, some people have been saying that this show is bad for kids because of the "blood" that it involves. Yes, some mutants gush ooze, but my five year old brother watches it and I haven't seen the slightest change in his attitude. I promise it is safe for kids.
Kid, 12 years old July 8, 2013

CSM was wrong, this is amazing!

This show was really meant for entertainment, but I learned something. In the episode "Parasitica" it taught about the parasitic wasp. I'm not sure if they'll do that in future episodes... As for positive messages, the turtles really learn great things! The sensei always has a good lesson or two up his sleeve. Master Splinter, Leonardo, and other characters are really good rolemodels because they are good-hearted. I'd say April is also a positive female rolemodel because she helps Donnie with science. This is TMNT. There will always be violence! To be honest, the original comics were very gory. The only love I see is that Donnie likes April. It's only a little crush. There is a whole line of TMNT toys, food, etc. Your kids may want to buy the toys. The animation is great, the voice acting is great, and the plots are good. I would definitely recommend watching this!
Kid, 12 years old July 19, 2014

One of the best!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is one of the only good shows left on Nick. It has a good balance of humor and action. I wouldn't recommend this to small children (4 or less) though, as it could frighten them with the fight scenes. But it's overall a great show. It's definitely my favorite! And to those parents complaining because Mikey says Booyakasha instead of Cowabunga, then you need to get a life. Nick made this for the 2012 kids, not for the 1987 parents who miss their show. If you miss the original show, then stop complaining and watch re-runs of the old show. Kids love this so you should stop complaining. I recommend this to anyone who's looking for a good show with humor, action, and amazing characters. And it's okay for girls to like this show too. I'm a girl and I LOVE this show. Anyone who's bullying a girl because they love this show, then you need to get a life. I'm pretty sure if you would just give TMNT a chance, you would be in love with it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTordles June 22, 2014

I love it!

This show has a captivating story, charming characters that grow and change and provides a great experience for people of all ages. There are a few somewhat creepy/scary mutants, but nothing that will scar kids for life. It's better for older kids, because they will be able to understand what's going on more (it's not a super simple show!), relate to the characters and draw meaning from it. Younger kids might only see the fighting and action and they will get nowhere near the very enjoyable experience that TMNT 2012 holds in store for them. Overall it's a great show with very lovable and relatable characters.
Teen, 16 years old Written byinfjsinger April 5, 2014

LEARNING

Probably the Best Incarnation!

In a channel filled with many shells of older, better cartoons, TMNT 2012 has filled the void many old Nickelodeon fans have suffered. The show is a loose spin-off of the 1987 show by the Murakami Wolf Productions. (There is a minor character named Murakami-san, which is a homage to him.) It's actually the only reason I go to Nick, besides some hidden gems such as Legends of Korra. However, the show does have its flaws. Let's focus on the good. The character development has been amazing. Raphael with anger issues has grown into a slightly more compassionate person who defends his family. Leonardo has grown into a deeper character than previous incarnations. Donatello had several episodes for his development, which include Metalhead and April. Mikey seems to be the only one who hasn't really developed because of his role as the plucky comic relief. While it is a CGI show, the animation is bright and beautiful. You can see many references to the previous incarnations and there are anime- esque moments. The dialogue is quite funny. (Master Splinter's humor is quite blunt and dry. He even called Timothy a doofus despite his immense vocabulary.) The only bad thing is the slow pacing, how April is treated within the universe, Mikey's pure ignorance, and Donatello's stalkerish behavior. Animation-wise, the ambiance is poor. NYC should be hustling and bustling with a diverse community. Hopefully, these things will be fixed as the seasons go on. It is quite violent. However, there is no blood or gore. Language is minimal. Insults and quips are normally directed at villians. When the TMNT become too proud, they often have their butts served to them. Consumerism would be your biggest problem as there is a whole line of toys from Playmates. The only sexy thing is Donatello's crush on April, which can range from harmless to stalkerish. However, it can teach children to love beyond looks. I honestly disagree with CSM here. The violences does not overshadow the positive messages, and there are always consequences. Ex. When the boys become too prideful about their efforts, a stronger villain normally teaches them. Ex. Leonardo learned he could not be overly trusting of some people, such as Karai. If an atrocity like Robot and Monster could earn four stars, TMNT can earn five. P.S: It seems as if CSM has a vendetta against the turtles. The only turtle-related thing that garnered four stars was the rooftop app. I'd suggest going onto IMDB, Tumblr, or other places for un-biased reviews written by real Shellheads. Cowabunga, dudes!
Kid, 12 years old March 23, 2014

Very great show

The Nickalodeon ninja turtles is a great show and if you have kept up with the episodes the original turtles make an appearance!The voices are just right and there isn't swearing or drugs has violence but not too much and the character development from season 1 to 2 is just great. I recommend this to any age and gender!
Teen, 16 years old Written bylovzhisdad November 4, 2012

Characters learn important lessons, but nonetheless, this show is better suited for kids 10 and up.

While the characters learn important lessons (for example one main character learns why he needs to control his anger), but the violence is so intense it makes them hard to find anyway (and just about impossible for an 8-year-old). the turtles don't wear any "clothes". all they wear is bandanas and belt thingies that hold their weapons (they are all turtles, of course. On the other plus side, the turtles must fight all of their fights as a team, and there is a little more to their ninjitsu training than hitting people, like showing mercy.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCandy Apples May 17, 2015

Awesome Show!

This show had gotten more intense throughout the seasons, and slightly more for mature kids. The plot is complex so 10+ would only understand it. They also have a few puns such as when someone mentioned ancient times, Mikey said, "I don't wanna go back to the 1980's" For violence, Raph constantly makes threats towards the enemies. They fight their enemies in every episode but there is absolutely NO blood. Only Krang die. The episodes have a good message in all if them, like one in which Raph controlled his anger. Splinter told him to let words flow over him like water over stone, because words are disruptive. For sexual content, there is none, except ONE kissing scene. If you would like to view it, it is season 3, episode 18. The deadly venom. Its my favorite show ever, though.
Teen, 16 years old Written byNEWGENERATION March 8, 2013

PLEASE LAUNCHED ON CARTOONNETWORK INDIA PLEASE..

VERY GOOOD SHOW PLEASE LAUNCHED ON CARTOONNETWORK INDIA PLEASE...................
Teen, 13 years old Written byaisha5611 September 7, 2014

I LOVE THIS SHOW!

BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old April 15, 2014

This show is OK for my 7 year old brother

My 7 year old brother watches this show and it was completely fine for him. Also, this show is funny because of Michealangelo.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDavidtheflyingturtle March 13, 2013

Really common sense... Really...

This show is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Better than spongebob or any other show on Nick.. This is the only show iv'e seen with a good story, good role models, WITH really awesome CGI, and the Kraang do not spew liquid. 5 star show! Don't judge a green book by it's cover.
Teen, 14 years old Written byArtpigandtad October 5, 2012

Ninja Power is on Nick Now

It's a fun tv show. The characters are great, but, the plot isn't as good as some other Teenage Mutant Ninja turtle shows. But, it's still a fun time.
Kid, 11 years old July 5, 2015

Awesome!

TMNT is an awesome show. It does have creepy mutants and violence, but it does have positive messages and great story. I recommend 6+ seeing this, but I don't find the third season that good.
Adult Written byFighter_07 May 4, 2015

This show is great and family friendly

This adaption of teenage mutant ninja turtles is great. The turtles, while flawed, are excellent role models for young viewers. There are positive messages of family, teen issues, leadership, ethnicity, and being yourself. Parents don't need to be too concerned with the subject matter, however some parents might be sensitive to the ninjutsu action and by Donatello having a crush on April, who's a high school student studying biology in this version, unlike in the original adaptions where she's a TV news reporter. This shows has great character development and each episode has a positive life lesson in it.
Parent of a 8 year old Written bykerryj April 22, 2015

Great show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TMNT is an awesome show.I like the action and the excitement.Very good show.
Adult Written byshawn789456 March 7, 2015