All member reviews for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Mediocre actioner is mostly OK, dude.

Teen, 15 years old Written byCartoonaholic_C... April 9, 2008

Neat Show!!!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is one of the greatest cartoons ever!!! If you liked 1987 TV series or the 1984 comics, this is for you!!! For those who watched the original cartoon, you might be in your 20's or 30's by now and still love TMNT!!! For adult TMNT fans, your kids will love it!!! There were TMNT clones in the 1980's, 1990's and 2000's like Battletoads, Avenger Penguins, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Danger Rangers (it also has a turtle character (Burt)), 3-2-1 Penguins, Wonder Pets, just to name a few.
Adult Written bywhovian85 April 9, 2008

pretty good

Dude, the reviewer really has it in for the turtles don't he (or she or it whatever)? I my self really enjoy the show. I love how they have serial story lines that allow more complex plots, well they did at the begining of the show anyway. It's almost as good as the original cartoon.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheFMan July 30, 2014

Best TMNT Show So Far!

Wow, mind blown. Even here in 2014 I still watch this masterpiece. It tops the 1990's ninja turtles in almost every way. It's more action packed, it has better animation, and the Shredder, oh my god the Shredder was amazing in this show! He was a total badass! Even when he was defeated, he found a way to return even stronger! Sure the new TMNT show on Nickelodeon is good, but it is nowhere near the amazingness of this show (discluding the Fast Forward season). TheFMan out.
Teen, 16 years old Written byturtlemandogal1138 June 28, 2012

Excellent show, definitely worth watching!

Don't listen to what common sense media has to say about it, this is a great show, one of my favorite cartoons ever! This was my favorite show growing up, and recently I've decided to rewatch the series. It's even better that I remembered! It's great for all ages, and has something for everyone! First of all the stories are outstanding. I mean sure there's a few kind of silly/random episodes, but that happens with every series. All of the stories seem to weave together and actually make sense and are engaging and exciting. The animation is top notch, especially the action scenes!!! As someone who plans on majoring in animation, I can tell you it blows me away! The animators are very creative with their camera angles and the action scenes in particular are very well done. Now about the violence, I can understand where some of these parents are coming from when they're freaking out and complaining that it's too violent; I almost felt the same way myself when I started watching this again. However, then I thought back on when I watched this show as a kid (I was about 6 or 7 when I first saw it), and the violence didn't bother me at all then. And that's saying something, because when I was that age I was scared of everything and couldn't even sleep in my own bed, however I wasn't afraid at all of this show and the violence didn't bother me in the least. I honestly think that stuff like that just goes over kids' heads (they're probably used to it, knowing how violent kids' movies and shows are these days), so parents, you have nothing to worry about. I personally think that the amount of violence is perfect; It's violent enough to put older kids and adults on the edge of their seats, but not too violent that it's not watchable for little kids (Like I said, it just goes over their heads). And the show isn't all action either. It's got some great humor (It's hilarious even if you're an older kid or adult, but it also has stuff that the little ones will find funny too), and most importantly, incredible character building. In fact, for me, the characters are what makes the show so awesome! They're very believable and not as cold/lacking personality as a lot of the characters in superhero/comic book cartoons are. The character development is brilliant, you definitely feel like you get to know the characters better and better as the series progresses. The turtles and Splinter all have a great relationship as a family, which is really the core of the show. There are some great messages here, for both young and old. Shredder too, is a very exciting character. Unlike many villains of other cartoons, who are often bumbling or easily defeated, Shredder is a force to be reckoned with! And it's not just the turtles and Shredder who get great character development, but also less frequent characters like April, Casey, Baxter Stockman, and Nano just to name a few. Overall, excellent series, I highly recommend it!!! Wonderful stories, animation, action, humor, and characters! If you're not watching this, you're definitely missing out!
Teen, 16 years old Written byHerr_Shredder April 9, 2008

Still aimed at the wrong audience

It seems the reviewer has a thing againts the Turtles, but enough of that I will continue with the review! This a very good show, it is darker and edgier than the original cartoon and closer to it's Mirage Comic Book roots. Since it's closer to the comics it is darker and more violent, the violence might concern some parents though. The series also has serialized story lines, moslty in comic book stlye where most stories are stand-alone but build upon a larger story arc. This has been one of the better "kids" shows on television right now. Though the TMNT franchise should really aim toward sit's adult and teenage aduiance since kid-friedn;y turtles havent worked since the original cartoon. Overall I reccomend this cartoon, parents who dislike violence might want to stay away.
Kid, 11 years old February 6, 2012

What!?!

What is CSM talking about!? They say that that they use always fighting to solve conflict? CSM, you gotta realize that the Shredder is trying kill the turtles, and I'm not saying that violence is good, but in a superhero show it will be used. And parents might wanna watch out for some of the violence in this show (like when Leo was stabbed). It's overall a good and complex series.
Kid, 12 years old October 12, 2010
it shares #1 kids animated show w/ avatar the last airbender. It's better then most of the crap now. I wish they aired it more!
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 September 30, 2010

Pretty good show

This is a complex series. It's very interesting. The only thing I would worry about is violence because it can get violent sometimes, but most of the time there's just punching, kicking, etc.
Kid, 10 years old April 24, 2010
Calling other ppl ug-- is used
Parent of a 13 year old Written bythomasfan1 July 14, 2016

History

Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird Done the Comic since 19?? Either 1984 or 1974 I forgot. Since 1989 The First Tv Show Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles become a huge hit! Then in 1990 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles had their first movie. Then in 1991 another film called Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 The Secret of the Ooze had been a sequel to the first movie. Then in 1993 it had another Sequel Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 Turtles in Time was the final sequel in live action. Then in 2014 it had a reboot based on the 1990 movie but different. Then in 2016 it had a Direct Sequel Out of The Shadows. Then in 2003 The series Returned by 4Kids Entertainment Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Then The series had new seasons Fast Forward and Back to The Sewers the were the final series of the 2003 tv series. Nickelodeon. Bought the whole rights to any of the future turtles. They rerun the 2003 tv series on NickToons. In 2012 they returned again with the same name. On 2009 for their 25th Anniversary. They done a crossover special with the 1984 comic book turtles 1989 Turtles and 2003 turtles called Turtles Forever Nickelodeon had rerun this Special on NickToons. They celebrated their 30th anniversary in 2014. Their 35th anniversary is coming in 2019. Thats all we got for now. The show was my most favorite tv shows of all time. Also TMNT 2007 is a sequel to all the 90's movies.
Adult Written byUlisaBarbic September 5, 2013

Different take on Turtles is still Gold

Overall, this is a good take on the turtles, though very different from the campy 80s, and drawing much more from the comic book source material. The violence can get frightening for young kids at times (Leonardo in particular is injured pretty severely and has to take time to heal) but this can also open up many discussion opportunity. One that comes to mind is at the end of Season 3, beginning of Season 4, Leonardo takes a lot of guilt on his shoulders that he does not need to carry and it negatively affects his relationship with his family, despite his good intentions. While he may come across as cold to some viewers, it's a good chance to discuss that people may interpret your actions differently than you intended. I recommend it and highly enjoy it myself
Kid, 9 years old November 1, 2012

turtle power

the best love this show thy did a bad job if they wanted to make it anything like the 80's cartoon 1.rapheal isjust plain mean 2. the plot is dark villans are dark and scary like mutant cobras deamends and more 3.shredder is super scary , mean,and he wants to murder the turtles and the fact that shredder is master splinter's brother takes away more awsomeness from the 80's series love the show t's awsome jus make sure it does not scare anyone
Kid, 9 years old July 27, 2012

good

some killings but no blood
Kid, 8 years old July 15, 2012

The monsters may be scary,but it's a great show!
Teen, 14 years old Written bybgnteen May 29, 2009

Good for all ages!

When I started watching the show when I was 10 years old, I immediately enjoyed it. It should be aired more often.