All parent member reviews for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Adult Written bywhovian85 April 9, 2008

pretty good

Dude, the reviewer really has it in for the turtles don't he (or she or it whatever)? I my self really enjoy the show. I love how they have serial story lines that allow more complex plots, well they did at the begining of the show anyway. It's almost as good as the original cartoon.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bythomasfan1 July 14, 2016

History

Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird Done the Comic since 19?? Either 1984 or 1974 I forgot. Since 1989 The First Tv Show Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles become a huge hit! Then in 1990 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles had their first movie. Then in 1991 another film called Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 The Secret of the Ooze had been a sequel to the first movie. Then in 1993 it had another Sequel Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 Turtles in Time was the final sequel in live action. Then in 2014 it had a reboot based on the 1990 movie but different. Then in 2016 it had a Direct Sequel Out of The Shadows. Then in 2003 The series Returned by 4Kids Entertainment Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Then The series had new seasons Fast Forward and Back to The Sewers the were the final series of the 2003 tv series. Nickelodeon. Bought the whole rights to any of the future turtles. They rerun the 2003 tv series on NickToons. In 2012 they returned again with the same name. On 2009 for their 25th Anniversary. They done a crossover special with the 1984 comic book turtles 1989 Turtles and 2003 turtles called Turtles Forever Nickelodeon had rerun this Special on NickToons. They celebrated their 30th anniversary in 2014. Their 35th anniversary is coming in 2019. Thats all we got for now. The show was my most favorite tv shows of all time. Also TMNT 2007 is a sequel to all the 90's movies.
Adult Written byUlisaBarbic September 5, 2013

Different take on Turtles is still Gold

Overall, this is a good take on the turtles, though very different from the campy 80s, and drawing much more from the comic book source material. The violence can get frightening for young kids at times (Leonardo in particular is injured pretty severely and has to take time to heal) but this can also open up many discussion opportunity. One that comes to mind is at the end of Season 3, beginning of Season 4, Leonardo takes a lot of guilt on his shoulders that he does not need to carry and it negatively affects his relationship with his family, despite his good intentions. While he may come across as cold to some viewers, it's a good chance to discuss that people may interpret your actions differently than you intended. I recommend it and highly enjoy it myself