All member reviews for Terra Nova

Big-budget supernatural thriller with family at its heart.

Adult Written bydr dew October 2, 2011

will keep it around

i watched this alone on saturday night and i think i will keep watching it wasnt all that bad just A LOT of violence and some bad language is all but not bad enough to stop me from viewing though plus .the little is just so cute and adorable
Kid, 10 years old November 5, 2011

GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAATTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

This is very cool. I like Commander Taylor. The actors are just great. I love the violence. This is for mature 10, 11, and 12 year olds. And totally okay for everyone above that.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieReviewGuy September 28, 2011

Good for 13+ (and mature Tweens)

This is a great Sci-Fi show that most Tweens and teens will love. There are tons of positive messages; the entire show is based on positive role models and messages of sticking together, not being greedy, the love between a family, help others, saving the environment, watching out for ourselves, others, and the environment, and the list goes on and on. Basically, colonists are sent (with supplies) from the year 2149, where the earth is dying, back to the age of the dinosaurs to rebuild the human civilization. The story follows the Shannon's, who will do anything for one another. With an army officer (Stephen Lang) as one of their leaders, they seek to save the earth. There is violence related to protecting themselves and the colony from dinosaurs; characters carry guns, tazers, etc. Also, there are tanks and various intense scenes in which humans with big guns face off carnivorous dinosaurs. There is kissing between teens as romances blossom, and there is also minimal drinking. There is some moderate language; *ss, h*ll, d*mn, b****rd, and SOB are used in the show. They are used in scenes of fear, pain, frustration, anger, etc. This show is great for teens and up (and for mature Tweens).
Parent of a 10 year old Written byuusarahmcg October 7, 2011

On the fence

This TV show is absolutely the most intense thing my 10 year old has ever watched, and she LOVES it. If I had previewed it before letting her watch it, I would have nixed it straight out of the box, but this time letting her watch something has taught me something about how the lessons we have taught her (about how movies and tv work their "magic" and make us feel/think things that aren't real) have sunk in for her. During the suspenseful parts, she's at the edge of her seat and afterward has said things like "the music they used made me think that it was going to be a lot scarier than it was". That's not to say that I don't still have my reservations. Why on earth they thought it was necessary to show the oldest son with peers who were making "moonshine" in the pilot episode is beyond me. The violence is too much for my taste. People threaten other people with guns, people and dinosaurs are killed or seriously hurt on screen, blood is shown dripping. Seriously, as I write this I'm a little stunned that I'm allowing my child to watch it. The suspense is intense. There was a scene in one episode where a small dinosaur is stalking the youngest child that has the potential to give nightmares to some kids. My family is having a good time watching this show together. It is truly on the edge of being too much for my taste, but I'll hang in there a while longer.
Kid, 10 years old November 23, 2011

Best!!!

Great show! It's exciting and fun go Fox!
Kid, 12 years old November 29, 2011

Terra Nova 101

Terra Nova is an amazing show for kids 11+. There is some language and gore, but if your child isn't scared or doesn't repeat the words they'll really enjoy this show. Thanks for reading! :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byWritingObsessed October 30, 2011

Good Adventure

My dad and I watch this show every Monday when my mom and sister are busy. This is a great, interesting show; that most the time is a good adventure. The only problem is some slight language, but nothing that bad. Violence could be a problem if you have an easily scared child. I personally think that this a great show that I hope will go on for a long time.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCocoChoco November 13, 2011

very rasist

i think this show is very rasist. black people are homeless and sick in the first episode. then the bad guys (sixers) are arab people and black people. what is this! and then the surviving black people are all light skin and not a single dark skinned person in sight
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written bylaribrook September 29, 2011

Violent, interesting story, but will probably pass.

This show had some language you would not want your child using. Aside from the sci-fi/enviornmental aspect, It had a storyline of violence running thru it - from people within the main characters to lesser characters, as well as the dinosaurs. The special effects are good - think Jurassic Park type dinos/violence. There were some serious attacks on teens, as well as teens sneaking off, drinking, disobeying their parents (in the first episode). I would probably reserve this show for high schoolers, but honestly there are better shows out there.
Parent of an infant, 12, and 14 year old Written byDaeshii October 5, 2011

Terra Nova: Worth Watching for Teens and Adults

It's a solid show from the creative minds behind "Lost". There's violence, but that's to be expected in a new colony where the dangers aren't just the splinter cell of humans who don't agree with Terra Nova's motives but dinosaurs that remind the newly arrived humans that they're quite low on the food chain. There's cursing, yes, but appropriate? Like where you'd expect it, in situations of high stress and tension. I think it says a lot about family bonds and realistic behaviors (the father has to reintegrate into the family after being in jail for a couple of years), and I find the Shannon's very refreshing! (It doesn't hurt that the brainiac of the family is their pretty eldest daughter who is working through her occasional knowledge vomit and being a teenage girl with a crush.) I would recommend this for teenagers on up. My tween wouldn't find it interesting, and sometimes the dino scenes are intense and scary. And they aren't holding back on the blood and gore when the dinos and humans bump into each other!
Teen, 14 years old Written byturyalkhan November 5, 2011

One of the best shows of 2011

This is one of the few reasons i watch Star World along with others shows like Home Improvement, The Simpsons and Melissa and Joey. This show is quite entertaining.I watched it from the fourth episode and felt like that this was what will make my saturday a superb day.Thanks 2011 for having such great shows.As for Parents,watch out for violence and language.Apart from that it is a good show.
Kid, 10 years old December 11, 2011

another great show

terra nova is a great show but it can get violent at times but nothing that scary. The other thing is languge it doset accure offten but I could see it being a problem for little kids. Overall I think it's a great show
Adult Written byalassandra November 13, 2011

Teenagers glorifying drinking alcohol? No thanks.

The first episode that drinking is shown is a group of kids go outside of the compound to hang out, and reveal they have made their own still,, which is so dangerous that it is downright frightening, and which the Shannon boy readily agrees to drink with them. Later, when things go wrong and they have to be rescued, there is no "lesson" learned about the alcohol part of the equation, because any scene depicting the Shannon boy hanging out with them later, they are still drinking. The Shannon boy then goes to work in the bar. The last episode that I watched actually did have the dad confront the son because the parent's didn't know he was working in the bar. He then says, "you're deciding to work in a bar is your way of showing you are an adult." However, a couple of scenes before that one, the owner has a sit down with the kid and says, "you're probably going to want to have a drink before I tell you this." They are blatantly making it look like it is no big deal for kids to drink alcohol, and that drinking it and working in a bar, (even though they haven't stopped growing yet and are putting poison in their systems), is somehow a mark of "adulthood"? Still not happy with where they are going with this one.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJ-Yo December 11, 2011

Earth is dying! New solution.

You know how in all of those other movies and TV shows where Earth is dying so humans decide to leave and go conquer a new one? Well, in this series, humans couldn't actually find a habitable planet, so people just went back in time. It's a very intriguing premise with great characters and great special effects (for a TV series). Parents should know that it is a little violent, there are affairs between adults, and there was one scene with a tapeworm, but other than that it should be safe.
Kid, 10 years old December 23, 2011

Great for pre teens

I really enjoy watching this TV show. It has some intense violence and Language, meant for teens and pre teens.
Kid, 9 years old December 22, 2011

Tenth Pilgrimage to the Best Show Ever!

It may be hard for littler kids to understand. People are shown in bed and taking off their shirts. People's heads can be shown bloody dinosaurs attack. Menacing birds attack humans. Blood and gore is frequent. 18 year old's drink moonshine. Language may include h---, a--, d---, d-----, b------, b-----, son of a b----. The series starts out in the future and is a little hard to understand. Watch every fox show you can!
Kid, 12 years old January 1, 2012

TERRA NOVA IS THE BEST SHOW OF 2011 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw the 2 hr series premiere it was kind of intresting. This show is about, In 2149 the earth is dying so to save humanity they go back 85 million years in the past. This show gets intresting when the show goes on. my favorite episode is the 2 hr season finale. cant wait for season 2. this show is okay for kids over 12.
Teen, 13 years old Written byShadowofchaos41 January 12, 2012

I can't believe this got cancelled

This was the best show that has evered aired on T.V. it had something for everyone, suspense, action, romance, teenn drama. It had a little of everything to keep everyone happy. Cannot believe something as amazing as this get's cancelled and the stupid vampire stuff stays on air *shake my head*
Teen, 13 years old Written byjeremy wade 13 March 8, 2012

the best new show of the year

its brilliant, clever, good acting and wicked story lines. the best new show of the year. reccomended for 13 and over because it is pretty violent.
Kid, 10 years old July 13, 2012

hard to believe

this shows pretty good but hard to believe. some episodes r really gud and would b fine for kids but others are really inappropriate! parents - watch the episode before letting your kids see it!!