Edgy sitcom keeps the '70s alive for older teens.

Teen, 13 years old Written bycsd313 January 13, 2011

Great show to watch... if your kids are mature!

This has been my favorite show since I was 11. I was mature at 11, too. I knew what sex was, as well as drugs, and that they are both bad for teenagers and children (and that drugs were bad no matter what). If you have mature kids, this show will be fine for them.
Parent Written byTyWill39 November 28, 2012

Very funny show, but the casual use of marijuana is troubling

The show is very funny, but I can't help thinking it should not be watched by younger viewers. Two weeks ago I was laughing along with my 13 year old niece as we talked about some of the funnier episodes. She knew what they were doing in the "Circle Scenes". Yesterday she was implicated in a pot smoking incident at school. I can't help but think the normalized portrayal of the pot smoking factored in to her decision to experiment at such a young age.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhome1223 December 1, 2011

PARENTS CHILL OUT!!!!!

Hilarious one of the the best shows ever although there is sex talk, bad words and POT the biggie it is no big deal I am 13 years old I love the show but some parents think it is a bad influence but just because you watch it does not mean kids would actually do that.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDuckCommander13 September 26, 2014

Hangin Out

This is one of the funniest shows ever and I love it. Not much worse than a PG-13 movie. Some sexual references, language, and drinking but not too bad. Also they smoke Marijuana but it's not shown
Adult Written bylizb86 April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written bySebastian Zak December 18, 2016
Teen, 13 years old Written byhzellelew March 31, 2016

WOOHOO!

This is seriously at the top of my 'favorite tv comedy series' list! Sure, there is MILD sex, alcohol, and drugs references/scenes , but that is kind of what makes the show a little relatable to the older teen viewers! Honestly, these componentsare what make the show so good and interesting. You don't ever really know what might happen (or come out of Fez's mouth lol) next! And some people might not think there is a good message, but at the end of the day their theme is to live life to the fullest, have adventures, and just overall have fun! And it never gets too inappropriate, to the point where you are safer not watching. They know their limit which I personally think satisfies the audience. Again, I love this show and I recommend this for people who would love to have a laugh!
Adult Written byCyraxPredator November 8, 2011

love it

Adult Written byOmgomg123123 December 25, 2010

Good for older teens

This show is really inappropriate! Although they don't show them having sex or doing drugs, they make it pretty clear what they are doing. Like it a few years ago I didn't realize that when they got in a "circle" they were high. They painted inappropriate body parts on a water tower, accidentally gave "special" brownies to their parents, and red thought perverted things about a highschool girl. Jackie acts like a rich girl, Hyde is a complete pothead, fez is the perverted foreign kid, kelso gets a girl pregnant, and red doesn't stop cursing. But other than that this is a HILARIOUS show!
Parent of a 13 year old Written byAunt Cat August 23, 2010
This show reflects the 70s pretty accurately--I was there. Pot smoking was eventually considered normal for teens, even those going into the military--again, I was there. That didn't make it right. If you watch this excellent show with your kids or grandkids, there is a lot to discuss, and that's a good thing--IF YOU DISCUSS IT. It helps if you know what was going on in the 70s too.
Adult Written byForknose April 9, 2008

It is simply a great show....

This show is really funny, one of the few good shows that I like too. The kids are stereotypes for sure, but you know people are stereotyped in every show. The jokes sometimes go to a highly innuendo level but I know that I wouldn't have understood it till I became a teenager. It could just very well be my favorite show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjanaperusheska January 12, 2017
show loses its quality slowly from season 6. season 8 is pretty bad. yes, they do regularly smoke pot and drink beer but come on, thats really not that bad. i do think that brooke getting knocked up was treated way too lightly but its good that michael got serious (kind of?) and was there for his daughter. if you're sensitive about sex and drugs, its probably not a good fit. there arent really any good role models but its fucking hilarious.
Adult Written bygoodgirl December 31, 2016

The 70's man a feel good time.

Good show. never really watched it much but got the DVDS they are nice. Ashton Kutcher is cute and I like him as Kelso . my fave couple is Kelso and Jackie. I wish they would have stayed together on the show. so yeah the show has kids in the basement getting high and laughing but what do you expect? it was the 70's. anyway cool groovy feel good show.
Kid, 11 years old December 28, 2015

15+ Are you kidding me?!

I watched all episodes of this show just a couple weeks ago and there are definitely tons of sexual references such as "doing it, nailing, did it, done it, ex." But nothing worse then your kid is gonna hear in middle school probably even worse stuff then that. Almost every episode involves red saying "my foot up your ass" which is ment to be funny, there is cursing throughout the show mostly the words "whore, slut, bitch and ass" mostly aimed at Jackie who is supposed to be a spoiled rich girl in the show. No violence or gore. Hyde, Kelso Eric and fez are usually in a circle with smoke around it which is a reference to pot even though they never show drugs it is heavily implied, red is constantly shown drinking beer and there is underage drinking in the show. The later seasons like 7 and 8 get more realistic then funny with (SPOILERS) Eric going to Africa and leaving Donna and Kelso moving to Chicago it can be sad but in the finale Eric and Donna get back together and kiss. I think I mabye should have been a tad bit old to watch this but 15+ is insane I think 12+.
Teen, 15 years old Written byilovemaroon5 July 17, 2015

For High School

This show is filled with witty jokes, some reoccurring and some new. The characters are all unique and live their lives the way they want to. Lots of sexual references and talk about having sex or hoping to lose ones virginity. It is not the utmost example in that respect but they present it in a humorous way. They smoke weed and drink on occasion. They exaggerate the seventies a little bit, but the clothing and housing and some situations are very similar to how my parents grew up in the 70s. Some good examples of standing up for yourself and fixing or recognizing that mistakes were made and needing to be resolved. It also got my friends into classic rock groups such as Led Zeppelin and Aerosmith, which was nice :). All in all a good show to watch in the transition between watching TV-MA and TV-14.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEmily.Gymnast July 1, 2015

Hilarious!!!

I love this show!
Adult Written byhelsing March 14, 2015

Has Its Ups and Downs

This show had its good moments and bad moments, my favourite seasons are the first few. There's a lot of pot references, however at 11 years of age, kids should be able to understand they should not imitate what they see on television.
Parent Written byMatt B. March 3, 2015

A fun show but for teens only.

It has a lot of sexual content and drinking. Teens have sexual relationships.
Kid, 9 years old July 2, 2014
Awesome show. I started watching it when I was eight. Didn't mind it was TV-14 but it is really cool when it has to do with guitars
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 April 13, 2014

One of the funniest sitcoms ever!

Only once in a while do I see sitcoms that I really enjoy, and this is one of those. Although it does feature some content not good for young kids. There are a lot of implications and references to sex, drugs, and other things of the sort that younger kids may not pick up on due to the fact that none of it's ever really onscreen and how the references aren't to easy for the young ones to pick up on. There is some language but nothing horrible. I would say 12 and up, and if you have a mature 11 year old that's fine. Suggested MPAA PG-13: Drug and Sexual Content including References, and Some Language