Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for The 100

Violent dystopian drama with strong female role model.

Adult Written byDestiny N. March 15, 2018

Good, but violent

Contrary to what some of the other reviews say, this show is extremely graphic. I’m 17 myself and there are some scenes I just can’t watch. People die in every single episode. Usually by getting cut or shot. Children should definitely not watch this show. I am up to almost the end of season 3 and the first two seasons weren’t unbearable but season 3 is by far the worst in terms of graphic violence and sex. The entire show is based on teenagers who fight anybody that poses a threat. Don’t get me wrong, I love the show, but the entire message is “blood for blood” In every episode they’re either killing their own people, planning an attack, or getting attacked. At one point a young boys head is severed and presented as a trophy. (It’s not shown but directly implied) Season 3 also contains a lot of sex, with multiple girl on girl action. While no nudity is seen, it’s obviously implied. You can’t get too attached to a character because they will probably get their throat slashed. There are some decent lessons throughout, but if I were a parent I would not let anyone under 17 watch this show...

Adult Written byFila K. February 12, 2018

Great but graphic

This series is definitely a must-watch. Some scenes are graphic (extreme violence) and not for the faint of heart but the plot is exhilarating and deep. Most think this series is for 14/15+, however, I believe a mature 13 year old would gain many positive messages to influence their behaviour from 'The 100'. Hope this helps!

Adult Written byCharity S. April 6, 2018

A show with substance

My son and I love this show. For sexual content I’d say they do show sexual situations but for the most part it’s just suggestive they see more now in days in commercials I think. There is a lot of violence but it’s alway appropriate to the story. They are some really great and admirable characters in this show and it’s a really rare occasion to see positive role models on tv. I would recommend for a mature tween or above.

Adult Written byDeborah C. August 10, 2017

The 100

Hi, this movie is very good but some of the decisions were bad . I like this movie so much and it made me want to get involved in it. I cant wait to watch it next year and hope it will be continued after season 5 and same casts. I want to thank u so much for ur hard work. Thanks Deb C. .
Parent of a 12 year old Written byElena S. December 7, 2017

Common sense media didn't get the language very well

I LOVED the show it's great. But already in the first episode Octavia yells" Were back B words." and their are other bad words in other episodes."

Adult Written byJenniferhughes1208 December 18, 2014

Great show, but..

This show is AMAZING. it is very exciting and brings new things to the table. There is a fair amount of gore. In one scene a boy is impaled, not much blood is shown. The next a girl is impalec and blood pours from her mouth, which is very common in this show. Throats get slit now and again, which doesn't bother me very much, but may bother others. I found quite disturbing was when s boy was imapled through the head. There is a lot of surgery with knives going into the body and more. Season 2 was just brilliant. A wrist got slit with graphic detail. People get shot often. In one scene some people take s girl, restrain her and put a knife into her hip, showing this very clearly. They also drill into her back, but the scene is over quickly ending in her face shown scresming with pain. There is more violence. Sex isn't s big issue, just kissing and bare backs now and again. There are many great role models, determined to nice people. No drinking, just moonshine,
Adult Written bylizziesworld March 29, 2019

great with deep/dark themes

This show is great for making you think. As such, I would generally reccomend the show for ages 14+ With the darker themes that are explored, it's safer to air on the side of caution. Themes of sexuality are explored, but in my opinion it's not graphic enough to warrant an extreme rating. As long as the teen/child (use whatever adjective you want) understands sex and sexuality, they'll be fine. I am assuming that if they're 14 and up they've taken a health class or at least had "the talk". Drug and alcohol usage becomes more prevalent in later seasons and (SPOILER) a character does die from a drug overdose. Once again, as long as the -insert adjective for young person here- understands the implications and consequences (them being good or bad) it should be fine for them to watch. In a later season a main character struggles with drug addiction. There is definitely a strong theme of morality, and often the lines of "good" and "bad" are blurred. However, the show does a good job of making it evident that even though these are the choices the characters are making it doesn't make them "moral". It makes it clear that these are life and death situations, and that hard choices have to be made. It doesn't (from what I recall) condone killing, but rather considers it a necessary evil in their current doomsday society. I won't talk much about the gore, because so many other reviews talk about it. It's there, and people who are squeamish (no matter what age) should exercise caution. The theme of suicide becomes very prevalent in the later seasons, so I do think people should be aware of that. I'm not overly fond of how the show deals with it, but we can't have everything. Its seen mostly as a way out, and it's kind of hit-or-miss when it comes to characters seeking/getting proper help or support. Character deaths do happen regularly, just a warning Over all, I would recommend this to older teens/adults who are willing to think about the messages this show presents. It definitely isn't a mindless watch. .
Adult Written byArielle J. January 29, 2018

It’s really good but super intense

Season two has very intense and graphic scenes of bloody body’s that are almost like torn up.
Adult Written byMichael T. January 10, 2018

Soap opera

This is like Days of our Lives meets Battlestar Galactica and they have a child named WTF. Unwatchable unless you like bullshit teenage sexual tension.

Adult Written byYou123me123 December 10, 2017

It really should be 12

It should be 12 and up because the only thing here is the violence.

Adult Written byJenna G. October 11, 2017

LOVE IT ❤️

Very good programme addicted to it !

Adult Written byAndrea S. October 1, 2017

Graphic violence

Had to shut this down when I saw a character slice his wrist to commit suicide. Just not my thing for my kid. Maybe later ... maybe.
Adult Written byTori W. September 20, 2017

Binge Worthy

The 100 is definitely binge worthy. This dystopian World Series is not for the weak of stomach.

Parent of a 13 and 15 year old Written byJill G. June 11, 2017

Absolutely Amazing!!!

Me and my 13 year old kid watch this show all the time together!! Their is a little violence but it sends a very good message and I believe any child 11 and up can watch this show

Adult Written byBig-Brother April 30, 2017

A morally grey violent and dark teen drama with flawed (mostly teen) characters.

Anyone under 15 should watch with a parent to talk about the characters choices.

Parent of a 13 year old Written byBernardo G. April 30, 2017

Adult Written byShawnn A. December 17, 2016

Love The 100

One of the best shows on Netflix!! Hope it keeps going strong!!! My whole family loves it!
Adult Written byhedastydia May 23, 2016

Amazing but dark

The show is very violent and dark, especially season 3, however it is a great and addictive show with powerful and motivating young leads with many different personalities.

Adult Written byTvAddict101 March 2, 2015

Amazing but Violent

Great Tv show with amazing plot lines and a cliffhanger almost every episode. However beware this show is very violent I personally don't find it too bad although there are some scenes that people might find gory such as (SPOILER ALERT) One character biting a tracker out of her arm, many people shot/speared and also many people operated on. If you don't mind the violence this is an amazing tv show with some very good (and very bad) role models

Adult Written byJamie A. July 23, 2017

Show is amazing and captivating!