All teen and kid member reviews for The 100

Teen, 14 years old Written bylucamations April 28, 2014

Cool but very violent

it's a cool show, but it's surprisingly violent. the episode "earth kills" is EXTREMELY scary. alot of episodes have scary looking creatures and injured humans who look very scary. the violence is bloody and gory. also, teens are ALWAYS making out on every episode.
Teen, 13 years old Written byselmahk April 16, 2014

Teen, 13 years old Written byjack clarke July 21, 2014

Amazing... But to a degree, Quite Violent

It is one of the best shows that I have ever seen and one of my favourites. Its is really good but if you are 14 anyway but you don't watch many violent shows or movies I wouldn't recommend this but if you are used to watching violent entertainment, then this is a good and interesting show that I managed to watch and look past the violence. BTW, the episode "Earth Kills" is very violent somewhat scary... Just a warning.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylizlovesdonuts February 5, 2015

Iffy

I honestly love this showm, the plot, and the characters. There are many positive role models such as Clark, however there are a few unpositive role models as well. I am currently on Season One Episode 5 and tbh I do have to skip scenes/ close my eyes. The main reason is violence. I honestly think that the worst episodes with that would be Earth Kills and Murphys Law. There has been a younger girl killing a main good character out of nowhere, a teen attacked by acid fog, a younger teen committing suicide (even though it's to save the group), and a teen hung (even though he was taken down before death) I wouldn't recommend this show to you if you don't like watching violent things (such as THG) The other reason I would choose mature 13 year olds/14 years and on up, is because I had to skip an innopropriate scene (if you catch my drift..) (this was in the episode Murpheys Law) and also some intense PDA.. There are good messages about sticking together and some life lessons that are shown from both good and bad characters. I have overall enjoyed most episodes of this show, but wouldn't recomend it to some because it can be inappropriate.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTessa Knight-Lyons July 29, 2015

An Exciting Watch But A Little Too Much Sex

While the plot summary may sound cheesy or too sci-fi -- I mean, kids from space? Come on -- this is actually a really good show. The story follows several teenagers over the course of their survival on Earth, which was destroyed years ago by nuclear war. The characters are all pretty believable, along with their actors, and sometimes either make you want to hug them or hit them. All in all, the episodes keep you watching what happens in the next. The only thing I am concerned about is the sexuality in it. Characters constantly lust over one another and there are several scenes that, while not about having sex, definitely try to hint at the idea. For example, there are scenes in which males have their shirts off and girls are shown in their panties and bras. No sexual acts occur, though, but there are some lingering looks and lustful comments. So far there have been only very few scenes in which characters have sex and they are brief, only previewing characters taking off their clothes and falling into bed. Yet, like I've said, the characters revolve around their desire for one another and it makes some of the characters feel weak with a low self-esteem and needy for attention. Other than that, violence is all right and there are occasional swear words. But all in all, it's exciting and I'm hooked. I give a thumbs up.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynetflixismybae July 10, 2015

addictive

very good show, well acted but if you cant handle blood, you probably wont handle this. despite graphic scenes, this is very suspenseful and well scripted. quite graphic but if you you have a strong stomach like me you shouldnt have a problem and might get addicted( if you dont want to get addicted, i advise not watching an entire season in a day like me). DIFINETELY NOT FOR KIDS UNDER 12 AT LEAST. PS: and be prepared to cry
Teen, 13 years old Written bytessah5 June 20, 2015

Be wary

It is a great show with strong characters who try to do what is right. There is a lot of violence where people are killed or seriously injured, usually at the hands of a group of teens. But this violence is not mindless. It is necessary to build the story of how the teens want more freedom than their government has given them. There is a decent amount of sex. There is partial nudity when a teen strips to go to for a swim, and there are a few sex scenes (which are mostly in season 1) although there is less sexual stuff in season 2. There is mild swearing, but nothing too extreme. There is a small amount of drinking, but again, nothing too extreme.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJessica01213 June 12, 2015

Great show

I honestly love this show so much, but depending on how sensitive you are to violence and blood it might not be great for you. There is quite a bit of blood and graphic violence but if that doesn't bother you it's a pretty good show. There's hardly any drinking or sex (there a few makeout scenes) and no drugs. The show has an amazing plot, lots of suspension and gets you hooked at episode 1. I'd definitely recommend it to any one into the sci-fi, dystopian or drama genre.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCarolinek442 May 1, 2015

Great TV show!!!!

The 100 is an AMAZING TV series, that follows a strong young girl that is being sent down to earth with 99 other prisoners under the age of 18. There are some parts that may need to be fast-forwarded through if you are watching this with a younger audience, but other than some occasional scenes, it clean. There is mild language, but it's defiantly worth watching. The best part is, that is comes on Netflix and season 2 will be put on this summer:)
Teen, 13 years old Written bydani_o April 8, 2015

Amazing show

This show is so good. It is like a cross between battlestar galactica and lost, with teenagers. There are strong female characters as well. There is quite some gore and blood.
Teen, 15 years old Written byOli75 March 27, 2015

Good series, but not too compelling

I began watching all the episodes in season 1, but started loosing interest due to the episodes becoming too drawn out for me. That said, there are some good role models, however, there is moderate violence in almost every episode. Towards the end of series 1 the violence becomes more frequent and graphic. More dark than it would appear, and with mild profanities. I haven't kept up with series 2 as it is not to my liking, however, this is just personal preference.
Teen, 15 years old Written byLucylettuce March 17, 2015

Great show but lots of violence

This show is extremely gory and really goes under the dirt. But what do you expect from a story of 100 kids who finally get to live on earth, after many years of surviving in space? This show focuses on survival—to the deadliest. Wars, killing, romance, all themes in this show. So watch out if you are repulsed by the things I mentioned. Other than that, AMAZING SHOW!
Teen, 14 years old Written byClandestine March 15, 2015

Captivating

A thrilling tale with realistic characters and a nail biting plot. Several cliff hangers and tear jerking moments. If your looking for a great fandom look no further. Action battles and plotting momments always cause me to think. There are also several dramatic momments and romantic relations... That can sometimes get annoying but are very realistic. I cannot wait for more seasons.
Teen, 16 years old Written byglendoflump January 31, 2015

I am addicted to this show, more so than I anticipated I would be. The characters are believable enough for viewers to actively root for them and care about them. Various interesting themes such as the corruption of power and discrimination are explored. I'm really enjoying it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byLuna5567 January 27, 2015

Love, love

Ok so i have watched this since the very first episode and I have to say it is a awesome series.The only things that it may have that people may not like is the fact that there is a lot of violence. The teenagers have to fend for themselves on the ground in their makeshift base, while the "Grounders" come from the woods and attack them. There is a lot of stabbing and blood. One example would be a kid gets impaled in the head with a spear. there is also a lot of kissing and in one scene a character (Raven) takes her clothes off and makes out with another character (Bellomy) Other than all of that this is a very good tv series and i hope it does not stop soon, i would love for this to continue and i recommend it! :)
Teen, 15 years old Written byNeveralone4 January 14, 2015

Really good show

I think this show has much is really impressive.It does have violence in a lot of it but its a show where they have to survive and have many enemies so of course it will contain tons of violence.Cursing is not used much.Overall its a very good show it has such a positive message to it and has such a strong female leader.