Variety show cast claws for cheap laughs.

Kid, 10 years old December 5, 2009

funny

I can't believe they canceled it! It was a show I would watch all the time. I had shows recorded on a Television company but then I switched it to another company that didn't have the channel it was on. Now I have nothing to watch. I loved the hilbillys knock, knock. Who's there? baseball bat. Baseball bat who? I'm gonna hit you in the head with a baseball bat. hahahahaha
Adult Written byChuck Reid March 16, 2012

This is a funny sitcom!

Its like a mix of All That and ICarly.Its a funny sketch show like All That and the host is a girl like ICarly.This show is REALLY funny.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 October 4, 2009

kid will luv it

kids will luv this show! i know i do!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byoscarteen132003 April 9, 2008
The Amanda Show is a comedy show by Amanda Bynes whose carrer went sky high since she joined All That. She is just about the funniest person I ever saw. She can just put a smile on anyone's face.
Teen, 15 years old Written byprincesspr12 April 9, 2008
Kid, 10 years old March 8, 2013

Really Good

It is an amazing show with funny skits. It is appropriate and balances races somebody had said there are only whites NO! In the girls room skit there is a girl. If you say it's boring you probably are boring or have no sense of humor. It is a wonderful show for children. Have you see the shows on television today dancing,kissing,revealing outfits!
Adult Written byhamstergurl09 September 19, 2012

Classic

I LOVED this show as a kid. While the gags tend to be juvenile, you can't deny that this show easily made you laugh out loud. This is perfect for tweens. For teenagers and even some people in their early twenties there's a major nostalgia factor with this show as well (I'm fifteen, for the record, my profile says otherwise). I also think that for young women and aspiring comedians, Amanda Bynes at this age (not so much now, but AT THIS AGE) was a very positive roll model. A lot of people have the belief that women or kids can't be funny, but Amanda and the rest of the cast proved that wrong.
Kid, 10 years old August 20, 2012

AMANDA SHOW

the amanda show features some smoking from tony pajamas (character) and some violence like hitting people with objects. there is some education value in some skits though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMaya13 August 9, 2012

Very funny

I like this show I don't agree that it's iffy from age 8-11.
Parent Written bysumoni May 20, 2012

Slapstick, slapstick, and other silly humor

I've never been a huge fan of the Amanda Show as a teen. Just sort of watched it because it was on. There's a lot of violent humor. Some pokes at foreigners, and generally other jokes that can funny to downright annoying. This show highly depends on the viewer. I can't say for sure if it's good or bad for children because the jokes vary so much. Some of the parodies will fly over the heads of kids nowadays, but can still be enjoyed.
Kid, 11 years old May 6, 2012

OMG

WHAT???? 8??? MY 6YR OLD SIS WATCHES THIS!!!! it is soooo funny B-
Teen, 16 years old Written byRosebud95 March 29, 2012

Eh...

I watched some episodes on YouTube and I didn't really laugh at it. I tried to find something funny, but the only one that was sorta funny was "The Literals", a skit about a family who takes things literally, but even that could've been better, like some of the jokes were too obvious, it made them less funny than it could've been. Another thing about the show is that the laugh track seems overplayed, and it doesn't help that most of the jokes aren't funny. I'm just not really a fan of it...
Kid, 11 years old February 22, 2012

unimpressed!!

Personally, this show is kind of stupid. It's not like spongebob, where it's so stupid it's entertaining. It's stupid to where you hate it after fifteen minutes. enough said.
Parent Written byAMANDA SHOW IS GOOD January 2, 2012

AMAZING AMANDA

ITS A REALLY GOOD SHOW FOR KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old December 30, 2011

Love it!

Like so random but Way better made in 2000
Teen, 16 years old Written byibarncat November 18, 2011

Varitey show cast has cheap but worthwhile laughs.

While maybe not quite as good as its predeccsors, All That and You Can't Do That On Television, The Amanda Show is a pretty funny take on Nick's now long-gone appreciation of sketch comedy. Many of its skits are really funny, and some of them are parodies of things that exist in real life, such as So You Wanna Win Five Dollars, that skit where six people were stuck in a car, The Girls' Room, and the much-remembered Judge Trudy. But the two funniest parts of the show are Totally Kyle, where this popular but clueless teenager played by Drake Bell tells of regular events in his life in a way that is excessively stretched out so that it is highly funny, and Penelope Taint, the girl who was such a fan of Amanda that she made her own Amanda website and makes an attempt in every episode to meet Amanda, even if it means doing something risky, such as stealing one of the letters of the show's sign. And these plans never succeed but almost do, which makes them even funnier. And she also used the word please so much that she said it at times that contextually made no sense. Essentially, those of us who grew up on it should still find it generally funny, and parents should not be afraid to let today's kids occasionally watch it on TeenNick, because let's be honest: there is nothing that people take less seriously than a sketch comedy.
Kid, 12 years old October 20, 2011

great show

great show that kids will like but may be too violent for younger kids
Teen, 14 years old Written byryan skopec August 1, 2011

This site is wrong!

wtf?? Violence? Sexual content? This show is a kids show! There is 100% NO sexual content in this! And the isnt any heavy violence! Why is this website called commonsense?
Teen, 15 years old Written byTotally500 June 22, 2011

The amanda show is a funny show

This is a funny show with tons of laughter and fun
Kid, 10 years old April 29, 2011

a better version of Icarly

this is basicly Icarly,but MUCH BETTER!why did u rate this 2 stars and rate Icarly 3 stars?The Amanda Show is soooooooo much better