All member reviews for The Amazing Race

Adult Written bymmazog April 9, 2008

Great Show - but tricky for child appropriateness

For a reality show, probably one of the least objectionable for child content. Some usually minor language, minimal physical violence, and minimal sexual content. The worst part is the verbal abuse between members of the teams or between the actual teams. Some contestents are very verbally abusive. Also of note, with each season, the verbal abuse / language / sexual content / product placement seems to get a little worse or more graphic due to casting or editing. For kid appropriateness, this is hit and miss .... some episodes are very clean, while others are a little more concerning.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymngirl June 29, 2011

Amazing Race is Awesome!

Awesome TV show! I love it! Some language but I say its for anyone from mature 6-year-olds-100-year-olds. It's really good and fun to watch! I'm going on it with my friend when we turn 21 and we are going to WIN!
Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written byqtnn April 3, 2011

Interesting competition with appropriate lessons

Best reality series aimed at adults. Competition is challenging, interesting, with good locations. Very little soap opera and personal drama/tantrums *usually* have appropriate consequences.
Adult Written bydcatch April 9, 2008

Great Show

I watch it with my kids all the time. Most, if not all, of the language it bleeped out, it is exciting and the kids get to see other parts of the world.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypenguinbabe April 9, 2008

1 of the best shows

ok i like ttly love this show!!! i loved the hippies! they were so mellow, & guess what!! THEY WON!! they were funny nice and all around the best ppl on that show. this is a must-see 4 all familys!
Teen, 16 years old Written byibarncat August 20, 2011

Fast global race features teamwork, not for all tastes.

There is essentially nothing here that is inappropriate for children in any way, shape, or form. The only issue that you could possibly raise is profanity. But it is very mild, and rather infrequent. Seriously, Regular Show has more profanity than this show. But anyway, this show has plenty of positive messages. Like you said, the only way to win here is through teamwork. But you ignored the implication that that also means that any team that DOESN'T get along in this competition at any given point fails. Also, you have to keep in mind that, aside from the U-Turns, there's aren't any attempts to get rid of another player. Instead, they are all simply trying to finish the tasks as fast as possible. Therefore, this show is VERY good for family audiences because children will take in all the various cultures presented here that the teams visit, and of course, the underlying message of teamwork. Unlike Survivor and Big Brother, girls aren't seen in bikinis, contestants don't try to backstab each other, and there are no sexual innuendos. So if you really have game shows so badly as to make the grossly innacurate rating that you presented to this show, then you should probably rerate Wheel of Fortune iffy for ages 10-12.
Parent of a 5 and 9 year old Written byBuckyD May 16, 2015

See a little bit of the world as a family

So, we're probably never going to be able to travel around the world with our kids. It's just not feasible with school and work and cost and such. Watching the amazing race as a family sort of serves as a way to show our kids that the world is bigger than the suburbia they live in, and while we live in a pretty diverse suburbia, there is more diversity out there. The 9 year old girl has watched this show since she was about 5 and loved it, our 5 year old son is bored by it usually. Swear words are bleeped out, there is no real nudity or sexuality to deal with, and aside from poor choices that some teams make during competition there isn't much that is difficult to explain to the kids about human interactions. They're faced with mean and/or self-serving people at school, and BFFs don't always get along in 3rd grade too, so we have a good platform for discussing how to get beyond the issues when people are annoyed with each other or do something to another team to get ahead in the race (e.g. U-turns or not helping out with information). It's just a great lesson in how big and beautiful the world and its people are, without having to be super-wealthy to afford the plane fare.
Parent of a 3, 7, and 9 year old Written byNatashaM 1 January 21, 2015

Fans of Season 25

We all watched season 25 together and enjoyed it greatly. Season 26 has paired up people for blind dates, which I am not certain will be appropriate. We loved seeing the different cultures. There is some negative competition, I do not know how others season were or how future ones will be but this season had mild mean spirited competition. My children LOVE Adam and Bethany (Soul Surfers) Bethany has only one arm and is AMAZING. She really shows how amazing people can be. My children were amazed and inspired by her.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCogreboy5079 July 20, 2014
Kid, 9 years old March 17, 2014

LEARNING

Amazing race

Should be watched with an adult.
Kid, 12 years old March 11, 2014
Kid, 11 years old March 10, 2014
Kid, 11 years old October 18, 2013

Nice but...

I love this show sooo much except I have heard the s word twice an the b word once In a year! Sometimes it makes me want to cry when a team gets eliminated because they are always so emotional (in a good way) I love this show all my family (of 3) sit down and enjoy the Amazing Race! WAIT!!! When I see Phil smiling he has teeth that look kind of like vampire teeth so that might scare young children.
Kid, 11 years old February 3, 2013

Great, with language.

I love this show, but they could beep out the inappropriate language. Over all great show for families with older kids to watch.
Kid, 10 years old December 28, 2012

Nice

The Amazing race is an Amazing show. I really like it except sometimes the teams say really bad words and they have to bleep it out. Also teams talk bad about other teams, steal their money, and manipulate them. But other than that I love it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Hannah Claire March 7, 2012

The Best Show Ever!

I absolutely love this show. Most of the bad language is bleeped out. It has suspense that thrills you. There aren't always good role models (there was once two married men) but everyonce in a while we will end up with Christians (like the snowboarders last year!). I definitely recommend it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKhOiCoOl December 21, 2011

great show

Best show on TV
Teen, 13 years old Written byScreennameGirl September 18, 2011

Great Show

This is a great TV show. You will learn about places around the world and watch competitors fight in a race around the world with challenges. Note: After watching you may want to take a Travelocity vacation.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysourcecoderocks September 18, 2011

Amazing race rocks!!

This show is the best! It teaches you to appreciate other cultures and you learn about them through the different countries they visit. I've watched it for 5 seasons now (my parents have been watching it even longer) and i love it!
Kid, 11 years old July 6, 2011