All member reviews for The Amazing Race

Stressful global race features tense moments, teamwork.

Parent Written byAKsnowgal March 23, 2011

Kid, 11 years old March 20, 2011

Rocks!

I LoVE it! Fun show where contestants have to do certain tasks and get over obstacles. I watch every episode and I love it!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySweetDisposition March 8, 2011

One of my favorite tv shows.

Oh my gravy! Some people on the race are pure jerks, but there are many strong, well mannered role models. My only concern is the language; I stared watching this show when I was 10; and they've signifigantly (pardon my spelling) cut down on the swearing since. This show is great to "see" other places of the world. While the teams move quickly from task to task, there are still sometimes when I realize just how breathtaking some of these places are. This show is a winner for any kid who can handle a bit of swearing, and the possibility of their favorite team being eliminated.
Kid, 9 years old January 30, 2011

good role models+bad role models+mild swears+ geography lessons=AMAZING RACE!

This show is AWESOME! There are some swears, but other than that, it's OK. I have an 8 year old brother that knows not to say the bad words, but in my opinion, he's just mature for his age. Before I knew fr--cki- was a bad word, I kept trying to think up times to say it until it was on amazing race and my parents told me not to use it. The show demonstrates teamwork as well as team members being mean to each other, but most of the teams are good. OFF=7 and under IFFY=8-9 ON=10+
Kid, 12 years old December 20, 2010

Great Show 5 Stars

This is my fave show in the whole world! Swearing is an issue and contestants have challenges where they have to drink something alcoholic, but it is not very harmful. You may also like the Biggest Loser
Teen, 16 years old Written byKevint2010 October 7, 2010

My all time favorite show

The Amazing Race is a blast to watch... the teams are so diverse and fun to watch.. and the locations are always so colorful. It's really a good show and should be enjoyed by families everywhere. Watch it!
Kid, 9 years old April 4, 2010

Tune in to the Amazing Race

I love this show it is very fun to watch for kids aged 9+. But there is some language. I also put good role models because people on that show are teaching kids courage and strength. So make sure you and your kids (9+) tune in to it.
Kid, 12 years old November 16, 2009

Great

mild swear words but lots of kids 8 and older know not to use these worse, some teams aren't good role models but most work well together and forgive each other for their mistakes, I love this show as a traveler!
Kid, 11 years old July 19, 2009

Plesae Watch This Show!

I lvoe this show! Please watch it!
Kid, 10 years old June 15, 2009

Great show!

This is the best game show I have ever watched, though it can sometimes get rough. The comepetators like Margie/Luke and Kisha/Jen (Amazing Race 14) called each other swear words. They even sometimes kicked or made violent moves to each other! Besides that I loved it.
Adult Written byjennycereal May 7, 2009

Our Weekly Family Show

We love this show. My 6 and 8 year olds look forward to it every week. They enjoy learning about the different countries and traditions from those countries. One week, after watching team members struggle with the heat in Thailand, my 6 year old walked around saying, "It is so hot, I feel like I'm in Phuket." I didn't even know that Phuket existed until I was an adult. I will say that this is not a show we let our kids watch independently as there is some squabbling and bickering between players. However, we will stop the show and explain to our girls what is happening and we will use these moments as teaching opportunities to explain to our kids how the contestants could have handled the situations better.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysuitelife April 9, 2008

Adult Written byaecdoglover April 9, 2008

Great show, Exciting

This is a great show for the entire family. Viewers learn about geography and different cultures of the world while being entertained. I have no idea why it was rated so high in the csm review. I have been watching this for years and still love it, although the family version was aimed more toward kids.
Teen, 17 years old Written bytluap2 April 9, 2008

Awsome Race

This show rocks and is probably one of my favorite shows. Just the places they go is amazing and i wish i could go to just half of the places they go.

great show!!!!!!
Adult Written bydodye3lam April 9, 2008

Parent of an infant, 3, and 11 year old Written bygrahamandheather April 9, 2008

Our all time favorite

This show is terrific for geography buffs like us! It is the closest you can come to traveling the world without leaving your house. We have learned so much about so many places. We don't like the catty, mean teams, though, and we prefer it when they focus on people acting in a positive way. They have gotten a little lax about allowing swearing on the show, and my 10 year old son has commented on this.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCrazy_Dude April 9, 2008

dont watch much

ive only watched it a couple of times but what i have seen of it is great ok 4 kids of all ages
Teen, 15 years old Written bydroolingfan_not April 9, 2008

Best game show...

This is the only reality game show I'm interested in. I think it sounds better done than other shows, and it's the only one I've expressed interest in being on. I'm inclined to think that the reason the teams fight so much owes to the stress of the race. But it's too mature for, like, eight-year-olds or younger....