All member reviews for The Amazing World of Gumball

Colorful cartoon is full of silly laughs and scrapes.

Adult Written byItsClarissa May 16, 2011

:)!

Adult Written byteenreviews(17yrs) October 16, 2011

great mix of cuteness, messages, slapstick awesomeness and Gumball x Penny for Romance

This Is the truest, most incredible show on CN, Gumball and Darwin are also great role models, it teaches life lessons and is rated TV-Y7-FV, it has some romancy stuff, but that's normal for pre-teens because Gumball is 12, but i can see a mild sex issue, due to the blurred gentails, etc. but Nothing Major GREAT SHOW :) :) :)
Educator and Parent of a 4, 6, and 8 year old Written by5peasinapod May 27, 2011

A bit of real-world relatability.

The thing that saves this show from being a "no go" for my kids are the parental characters. Okay, so they seem to be absent through out most of the show except when the kids are trying to sneak around them or when they find their kids up to no good but to me it shows that the parents do care enough to reinforce rules. The dad comes off as a bit too laid back and the mom is super charged rule enforcer. This dynamic mimics my family in a way that allows me to connect the kids' misbehavior, the parents reaction, and the consequences that follow to some of the antics my own kids try to pull. Kids will be kids and try to out fox their parents or try to get away with something. While this show does display this behavior it also follows it up with a light moral connection. I have seen far too many shows lately that provide the misbehavior without a consequence. A weak moral story is better than promoting blatantly inappropriate behavior.
Teen, 13 years old Written byT.V. Review Cri... May 19, 2011

educational

Actually, I resent that it is not educational. For example, I learned how to put out electrical fires properly (to never use water) but most importantly, to call the fire department. I also learned what can happen when you scrub with the wrong side of a sponge.
Parent Written byGlass-Cheshire May 27, 2011

SHOWS WITH LESSONS HAVE RETURNED!

Right off the bat, I've noticed that at some point in every episode, the moral is pointed out. I've missed that. Aside from some f Gumball and Darwin's...."moments". (ie, The underwater kissing (which is actually justified in the situation of Darwin being a fish, and Gumball being...not a fish and their both underwater, and the) and the entirety of the episode "The Dress" which involved Gumball's nightmare of Darwin demanding kids of him...and there actually being kids to show for already) the show is incredibly positive, and fun to look at. Gumball serves as a bad role model in a lot of cases (such as "the DVD") and Darwin seems to be a positive role model. Gumball, however has his own redeeming quality's and seems t be the one learning the lessons. There are strong female leads also, which is always a plus.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 10, 2012

The Amazing Show of Gumball.

I enjoy this show a lot! Funny humor,great animation,nice acting,perfect storyline,ect.I LOVE the episode ideas,I LOVE the characters,and I LOVE the jokes!
Parent Written bywasclywabbit February 14, 2012

Off the wall funny!

I'm a lucky dad with an 11 year old daughter. She watches a lot (probably too “a lot”) of cartoons in the afternoon. Most of them hit me as either stupid (frenetic teens), bizarre (“Adventure land”) or both. When I first watched Gumball I thought :”Oh no. Just another mindless creation.” But the more I watched, it grew on me. Gumball is just drop dead funny. The only other cartoons that can send me rolling off the couch are my old Loony Toons . Gumball’s world is an immensely clever creation of cartoon and 3D characters against real backdrops inhabited by a wonderfully charming and goofy cast of characters. Gumball’s friend Darwin is his goldfish that grew legs. His girlfriend is a peanut with antlers. Another is a Muppet with AB/CD (AC/DC ?) T shirt (Something only an older generation might pick up on). It's off-the-wall but somehow holds together. There’s just enough humor to hit an adult's funny bone. The best show to watch with your kid is one you can both laugh at. And not get hung up on “educational’ or “appropriate.” Gumball sets a high bar for afterschool and “afterwork” entertainment.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byeelee June 18, 2011

Educational and funny!

This show is funny, has good jokes, does educate some, and overall not too inappropriate.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMiranda B. May 20, 2011

Cute new show with cute characters and extremely cute voices makes for a good watch.

Oh my gosh!! This show is my new little-kid-guilty-pleasure show! Recently I've found that a lot of Cartoon Network shows aren't that good at all except for a select few... But I would LOVE to live in the Amazing World of Gumball! All the characters are so cute and have even cuter voices. Especially Alan the Balloon and Banana Joe. The reason my highlight for this show is positive messages is because Gumball, though he doesn't realize it, learns valuable lessons through his mistakes in each episode. This is something I haven't seen from Cartoon Network in a long time. True he may make poor decisions at times, many involving cartoon violence (it isn't too bad), but he still learns from it in the end. If you're not sure about this one, which I can't find a reason as to why you shouldn't be, watch it with them the first time... who knows, you may like it too...
Parent of an infant, 3, 9, 10, and 17 year old Written byMyNameIsBeaver April 18, 2013

What do parents think of this selection?

As an overprotective parent, I saw most bads, but actually some goods into this "show"! Goods: Comcial humor attracts audiences, loads of jokes, lots of action, never bland and boring, kids say it's a good time passer. Bads: Some sexuality (characters naked, but pixel out private parts) Unrealistic and cannot relate to anything to help in real life, lots of violence here and there that often yields blood, mixing the different animations together make it look horrible and very odd to look at, characters are usually bad role models (Darwin and the blue cat are usually lazy and just want to play video games and get in trouble) Barely any parental supervision they makes the parents look like fools (Dad is very lazy and somewhat stupid, Mom is crazy and does a lot of "chopping") Barely or some light morals, Light cursing. Overall it's comical boy (sometimes girl) humor meant for the laughs and to pass time, not meant for anything else. Basically random!
Parent Written bymajoy1 September 15, 2015

Terrible. Can find better elsewhere.

If you're looking for something that is educational, this is NOT it. The language is too risqué for children under 10. My nephew started saying "gosh dang it" from this show and the children intentional disobey their mother and the creators couldn't have made the father figure any more useless and ridiculous. Most of these episodes are spent with Gumball and friends trying to fix something they shouldn't have been doing in the first place. There are way better shows for children elsewhere.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byChristopherM 1 February 23, 2015

Southpark anyone?

I walked into the room, and one of the characters ate something that made him curse. The character then started to speak with his mouth blurred out and bleeping sounds to simulate cursing. My daughter is no longer going to be watching the show. It is a bad influence to have cursing put in as a source of humor for children.
Educator and Parent of a 5 and 10 year old Written byconnielove93 June 6, 2011

Gumball pops!

Funny show for all ages! Gumball is a positive role model for children, he takes responsibility for his actions and is always kind!!
Kid, 12 years old May 11, 2011

A replacement for Chowder winds up as a great idea!

To me this is sort of a replacement for Chowder. The show is awesome! There is some mild cartoon violence which is not really a problem. In one episode, there is frequent discussions about having a boyfriend or a girlfriend. At the end two friends (boys) kiss by accident when trying to kiss a girl. There is also an episode where the main character is nude, but it is blurred. The main character's friend is in love with the main character because she is dressed like a girl because he lost his clothes. This show will make you laugh big time. Well if you are like a tween or something. Although it is not really educational, I did learn something about fires! When there is an electrical fire, you should not use water. You use the fire extinguisher and call the fire department. Other than that, it is just a silly laughs for all cartoon meant for entertaining kids!
Adult Written byCece W. September 17, 2016

Absurdly relevant.

I love watching this show with my son. Although it might appear random at first, Gumball and his family struggle with the same things children do. He is very articulate about his thoughts and feelings, and unlike a lot of cartoons, his parents are there to help him. None of this seems cheesy or obvious like in shows for smaller children, but is presented in a funny way that makes kids laugh. I really enjoy the episode "misunderstandings" which explores how people don't always interpret things the same way. Some jokes are clearly more relevant to adults, but the kids can still laugh at the absurdity with which it is presented.
Adult Written bygkdavis August 20, 2011

Not Too Bad

I'm 17 and I actually enjoy this show it's humorous and tends to squeeze in a moral lesson.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIceFlamer14 May 18, 2011

Great Show.

This show is great, but here are some things to watch out for: There is violence, but not too much to freak your kids out. There is also humor, and good role models & messages, and the mom always teaches Gumball and Darwin the rights and wrongs, so there is plenty of good messages. Note: In one episode, Gumball was naked, but it was blurred out, don't worry, its not that bad. Personally, I think this show is great!
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy September 1, 2012

WONDERFUL!

I love Gumball! Funny jokes,unique animation,ect.I recommend this show! Watch it ASAP please!
Adult Written byFelicity1169 July 30, 2012

Average Kids show.

There's nothing bad about this show but there's nothing good about it either. The animation style is really interesting and I think it's really relatable for kids. My brother really like this show and I found a few funny moments in it especially with the mom but it can also be annoying at times. Like I said it does no harm but it's not the best.
Parent of a 8, 8, 9, 12, and 15 year old Written byChrist-Lover April 8, 2012

It would be fine for a family show, but I just can't stand it!

I just don't like this show. I'm sorry if I'm offending the fans, but it annoys me. It's just too loud. But it has made me laugh a few times, and it is a little cute. Even though I was hoping that once out of Jimmy's head was canceled that I wouldn't have to see cartoons on a live set again, but, oh well. I somewhat recommend it since it's not all that inappropriate. I mean, yeah Gumball has been naked in a couple episodes but it doesn't show any parts and lots of shows do that. I don't see it all that violent. Violence is probably like 1/5. Great show for kids, but not for me.