All member reviews for The Amazing World of Gumball

Teen, 13 years old Written byT.V. Review Cri... May 19, 2011

educational

Actually, I resent that it is not educational. For example, I learned how to put out electrical fires properly (to never use water) but most importantly, to call the fire department. I also learned what can happen when you scrub with the wrong side of a sponge.
Teen, 15 years old Written byOGORMAN May 20, 2011

Cute new show with cute characters and extremely cute voices makes for a good watch.

Oh my gosh!! This show is my new little-kid-guilty-pleasure show! Recently I've found that a lot of Cartoon Network shows aren't that good at all except for a select few... But I would LOVE to live in the Amazing World of Gumball! All the characters are so cute and have even cuter voices. Especially Alan the Balloon and Banana Joe. The reason my highlight for this show is positive messages is because Gumball, though he doesn't realize it, learns valuable lessons through his mistakes in each episode. This is something I haven't seen from Cartoon Network in a long time. True he may make poor decisions at times, many involving cartoon violence (it isn't too bad), but he still learns from it in the end. If you're not sure about this one, which I can't find a reason as to why you shouldn't be, watch it with them the first time... who knows, you may like it too...
Kid, 12 years old May 11, 2011

A replacement for Chowder winds up as a great idea!

To me this is sort of a replacement for Chowder. The show is awesome! There is some mild cartoon violence which is not really a problem. In one episode, there is frequent discussions about having a boyfriend or a girlfriend. At the end two friends (boys) kiss by accident when trying to kiss a girl. There is also an episode where the main character is nude, but it is blurred. The main character's friend is in love with the main character because she is dressed like a girl because he lost his clothes. This show will make you laugh big time. Well if you are like a tween or something. Although it is not really educational, I did learn something about fires! When there is an electrical fire, you should not use water. You use the fire extinguisher and call the fire department. Other than that, it is just a silly laughs for all cartoon meant for entertaining kids!
Kid, 11 years old April 16, 2013

I think it good but series in what Gumball nake it bad!
Teen, 13 years old Written byStepinsomeivy September 25, 2012

Atheist Messages

FAIL CARTOON NETWORK. Seriously? A fish with legs? Named Darwin? Totally sending the wrong message to young kids who grew up knowing Humans did NOT evolve from monkeys or fish or whatever. Go with the Bible, do NOT watch this show. This show is cute, but i do not apprieciate the Fish With Legs thing.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIceFlamer14 May 18, 2011

Great Show.

This show is great, but here are some things to watch out for: There is violence, but not too much to freak your kids out. There is also humor, and good role models & messages, and the mom always teaches Gumball and Darwin the rights and wrongs, so there is plenty of good messages. Note: In one episode, Gumball was naked, but it was blurred out, don't worry, its not that bad. Personally, I think this show is great!
Teen, 13 years old Written bystarsong4 May 18, 2011

infjh ky65jkgnmg

good, i like the episode when they farted
Kid, 12 years old August 10, 2014

Great colorful show!

I love The Amazing World of Gumball! It's awesome. It's very unique. There are many different characters and places which make each episode a colorful, creative mix, although there world is very similar to ours! 12 year old Gumball is a blue cat who isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, so he always get into bad situations with his 10 year old brother, Darwin the goldfish. This show is very interesting and hooked me the second I saw it. Honestly, it makes me laugh out loud as much as Regular Show and Adventure Time and Clarence, too. There is not any hard-core inappropriate stuff, but stuff inappropriate enough to make a kid laugh. This show rocks.
Teen, 16 years old Written byPenguinFan July 11, 2011

It's alright, but I have the feeling it won't get much better

This show is weird. Just plain weird. I mean, even by kids show standards this is weird. It's like someone combined the animation effects of Chowder, The Muppets, Gumby and added a few random shot of real world buildings and scenery and threw it into a blender. It seems really surreal, which is alright, but sometimes it gets so strange I have trouble watching. I'm not really sure what they were going for with the animation,but whatever it is, it really is not like any other cartoon. A strange contrast to this is that the story and characters are very standard, not at all like the weird animation. As main characters, we have our typical dysfunctional toon family; a crazy tween boy, a young child prodigy, a lazy father who does nothing and an overworked mom, although we also have this weird orange...thing named Darwin...I'm not really sure what he is or how he is related to any of them, but they treat him like a member of the family so I guess I'll go with it. Now its on to the last and biggest flaw of the series: the story. While they have attempted to add little twists here and there, we have seen most of these stories a million times before in other cartoons, and the lack of originality really does suprise me. It's like the creators are too afraid to step out of their comfort zone, take a risk and try something different, and what we get is a bunch of fairly forgettable episodes. So this show is pretty much a mixed bag. I like what they attempted to do with the animation even though it is weird, sometimes it's funny, and I like a few of the characters. On the not-so-good side, we have the lack of originality when it comes to a lot of the stories and characters, and often it just feels like older TV shows being repeated but with different characters and graphics. It's not bad for kids though, and you might want to check it out.
Kid, 11 years old December 5, 2013

2D, 3D, and photograph animation all mixed together in one awesome idea of a series.

This show is amazing- and achieves greatness in most things. All the characters are hilarious and very likable and far in to there personality, but not too far in to there personalities. The animation is top notch, because they take digital animated characters and combine them with CGI animated characters, and all the backgrounds are photos of actual places. Each episode is welly plotted out (mostly the first season episodes) and Gumball is just all out funny. Let your kids watch this, parents; you will be doing them a favor.
Kid, 10 years old January 8, 2013

An Excellent Show

The Amazing World of Gumball is a really good show. It makes me cry because there is sometimes a moment on Gumball that they are singing sad songs they made up and makes me feel alive like when they sing with their ninja costume.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy September 1, 2012

WONDERFUL!

I love Gumball! Funny jokes,unique animation,ect.I recommend this show! Watch it ASAP please!
Kid, 10 years old February 26, 2012

dont waste your time watching this crap

Wow-.-another tv show for babies.IT SUCKS!ITS STUPID,IT'S BOARING,IT'S A PIECE OF CRAP!thats it.i'm blocking the mazin world of gumball on all the tvs in my house
Kid, 11 years old November 18, 2011

IT'S THE SIMPSONS FOR KIDS

the amazing world of gumball is a lot like the simpsons but not inapporiate like anais=lisa, gumball and darwin=bart and milhouse, richard the dad=homer , nichole the mother= marge. Richard the dad can be a bad role model and so can gumball. (allright, i'll tell you about the part from the episode you should never show your kids) In one episode gumball and darwin are in a treehouse with girls and one of them lies to them about darwin being her boyfriend so they (and gumball and his crush) try to kiss but two people choppong the tree with the treehouse down and the tipping over cause gumball and darwin (accidently and it is not shown) kiss. And also some kisses on the cheek are shown in some of the episodes are shown. So next time your kids watch the show think of my review.
Teen, 14 years old Written byilovecookiez July 12, 2011

Unlikable.

Honestly, I hate this show. It's stupid, annoying, and a bit of a rip-off. I might be wrong, but have you noticed how this show is kind of a rip-off of Regular Show? I've seen a couple episodes where they seem a lot a like the episodes of Regular Show, except this show fails at actually being funny. I'll admit that at first, I enjoyed this show. I thought it was cute and funny. Then as I kept watching the episodes, I realized how annoying Gumball's voice was, and how this show wasn't very funny. Maybe I would like this show if it was COMPLETELY animated, instead of having objects that are real... I mean, it's just weird...also if someone else voiced as Gumball, and a few other characters, and if they had original episodes. If you like this show, fine waste your time with this crap, just don't insult my opinion (Looking at you fangbite91)
Teen, 13 years old Written bytb10997 June 14, 2011

Hey, its actually funny!

One of the best "new" cartoons added to Cartonn Network and me and my 7 yearold brother get really good laughs out of it.
Teen, 17 years old Written byinstant_noodles May 30, 2011

Gumball is Amazing!

I recently watched this show with my 5 year old sister and we both loved it! It has a lot of humor and it even has great lessons such as don't believe everything you hear when the main character thought the world was going to end but it also teaches to live life to the fullest. And that was only from one episode! To be honest I don't find this too violent it reminds me Tom & Jerry, nothing horrible just funny.
Kid, 10 years old May 18, 2011

Cute

It's a cute show. My little sister watches it. And, guys, it's not the end of the world if they say the word 'butt' once.
Teen, 14 years old Written byReichenGeschlossen May 21, 2015

Not exactly for teens, but not inappropriate for younger kids

As a teen, i would definitely say this is a better show for older kids/tweens than it is for someone my age. The plots are too predictable and childish to keep me entertained, whereas i don't have that problem with other CN shows like Adventure Time and Regular Show. Aside from that, A lot of younger kids that i know really enjoy this cartoon, and there is nothing bad i can say about it when it comes to letting kids see it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDaCheezBoss March 12, 2015

This show... Oh my gosh, this show.

This is definitely good for kids. While being humorous, fast-paced and an utter blast to watch, it contains relate-able problems that children may need to face in there life. While containing some scares, sexuality and just plain weird parts, it won't scare anyone because of the cartoon style. Even my parents like this show, and that's saying something.