Period spy drama blends violence, sex, and '80s nostalgia.

Parent Written byliolio March 25, 2013

Nudity

They have now begun to have nudity on the show...showing both men and women fully nude from the back and women from the side. Please let your readers know this.
Parent Written byBeckyDee January 6, 2016

Not for kids

This show leaves me conflicted as an adult viewer. While it has excellent writing that is fast-paced and intelligent at the same time, it sometimes veers off in randomly explicit directions that make me want to give up on it. It is definitely not for kids. Nudity is just the beginning and frankly isn't the real issue, it's that the agents have to use their sexuality to get ahead, etc. *Stop reading to avoid spoilers, keep reading if your teen tells you this show is fine to watch. It's not* The first or second episode is an example of this, the female spy is clothed, but is performing explicit sexual acts on her target to gain his trust. She is disgusted afterwards. (So am I, the viewer.) The husband and wife team continually use sex as a ploy, there's no getting around or fast forwarding through it. It is very explicit (like Sons of Anarchy was with sex, not as violent as Sons though, to give a comparison). Scenes like, the husband and wife performing sexually explicit acts on each other and their teen daughter walking in ("Ick Factor" off the charts for that scene). Worse, there is husband on wife sexual brutalization that leaves the wife (who has a history of being raped and husband knows this) sobbing and curled up in the fetal position. There's near-miss sex between a 40 something male with a 13 year old target that's avoided by luck, not morality. Several episodes show him grooming her and his own disgust with himself as his daughter is the same age. However, he steels himself to do the deed in the name of Mother Russia, his wife is reluctant, but doesn't object. (As a viewer who appreciates the spy story and twists and turns of it, the scene of sexual abuse of the wife and the storyline with the underage target was gratuitously explicit, I don't need nor want to see that to be entertained.) As I'm writing this I'm liking the show less...however, the spy storylines are intelligent and hold-your-breath exciting, there is a great cast, especially Keri Russell, who is brilliant in this role. If you have an interest in the Cold War or in the spy game, you may enjoy this show....maybe. Told you I was conflicted.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySwimmer5798 July 22, 2013

Ok for 14+

This show definitely has violence in it but nothing too bloody. There is a little bit of swearing (c--k, p---y, s--t) but its rare. Sexual content is quite strong throughout the show and nudity is limited to butts and full rear nudity.
Adult Written bycrusader666 February 24, 2014

Fabulous program, but mostly for adults and mature teens

One of the best new programs on television, but not really suitable for young children or immature teens. Lots of life lessons and history to be learned from this drama, to be sure.