TV experiment yields important lessons for teens.

Adult Written bySpeedy April 9, 2008

What about the children?

While I did not watch this show, I did see the promotional ads for it and thought it would be interesting to watch with my 12 year old daughter. I am a public health nurse and have worked with teen and adult parents. Has anyone thought about the effect of being separated from their parents had upon the babies? Has anyone ever heard of "stranger anxiety" that infants show around the age of 9 months? How would one feel if they were separated from their familiar faces, surroundings, routines, etc and put in front of people they didn't know all in the name of "reality TV". Yes, dealing with a real child is totally different from say, a plastic doll or egg, to teach parenting to teens. But subjecting children to emotional upset, just for ratings is in my opinion, sickening.

this show will definitely educate teenagers who think they are ready to be parents that it is really very difficult and something that they are not yet up to. I think that by watching this, some teens will think twice about having children at such a young age and it may also cause less teenage pregnancies.
Kid, 10 years old August 9, 2009

Wonderful Show

I enjoyed it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byH12pQueen April 9, 2008

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!! It is awesome!!!! Totally appropriate....and teaches kids a lesson!
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

It's an awesome! It great that they're trying to convince teens not to get pregnant at such a young age!
Teen, 14 years old Written bylovem247 April 9, 2008

Great Concept :)

Although I have only seen one episode I wanted to rave about it. This show has a great concept. Its funny, teaches you about children and their behavior, and hopefully prevent teen pregnancies. Its worth your time. Its one of the best tv shows I've seen in awhile. WATCH IT :) it comes on every Wednesday on nbc at 9/8 central
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

I love it!

This show was fantastic! I had no clue what to expect, but knew it was controversial. I can't wait until next week. I hope it helps to educate teenagers.
Adult Written byLaura V April 9, 2008

Discussion a Must

I only have seen the 1st episode. Looks like a good premise and more educational than most reality shows. I wasn't impressed with the size of the houses and amenities available to these kids. It doesn't focus enough, so far, on the struggles most real couples with families face. Maybe this will get better as the show continues. I would discuss this extensively with my kids after watching it together.
Adult Written byA07solo April 9, 2008