All member reviews for The Bachelor

Reality "fairy tale" with questionable values.

Adult Written byForknose April 9, 2008

Poor

This is pointless reality tv.
Kid, 11 years old March 17, 2011
I like this show I emjoy watching it but this is NO way for people to actually meet people only out of what like 7 or 8 series only one couple are still (happily?) married.
Parent Written byLauraBear January 14, 2014

Show is not good for anyone. Waste of time.

This show is awful enough for adults to watch, although I do understand the entertainment appeal as far as mocking the show. However, my time is a little more valuable to spend wasting on something like that. But the fact that I have friends and relatives letting their young girls watch this, makes me sick. Why would you show your children a show about young women competing for a "man?" I'm sorry. No man is worth that. A man should be vying for a lady's attention, not the other way around. Why would you want to show your girls that you have to win a man and that you can fall in love in a few weeks? I don't understand why mothers would want their girls to see these fake women dressing provocatively and engaging in petty fights and gossip. And then the kissing of multiple partners. It is a sad, sad world we live in when not only is this show still popular, but that parents don't see the harm in letting their children view it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byZaphrodite July 14, 2010

Its just another reality show.

My mom is OBSESSED with this show. I don't know why. It's kind of stupid. It's for married women remembering their 20s. The people who run the show choose only women who are skinny and pretty. 97% of the girls are shallow, and for lack of a better word "b***hes." They only care about getting the first kiss with whoever the guy is and they hate each other. Barely any of the girls are real. They plastic and fake.
Adult Written byA Person With C... March 4, 2010

Ok for ages 16 and up but HORRIBLE for ages 15 and below.

This is a complete set up for young kids to watch! Do not watch this show if you are younger than 16 years old!
Kid, 10 years old July 3, 2013

Amusing cheesy show

CATFIGHT! CATFIGHT! I WANNA SEE A CATFIGHT! Man, you definitely will see some cat fights here. Although some things are definitely scripted, it still is amusing to see girls ripp out each other's hair over a not-that-cute one-dimensional guy. Heh-heh. Really, it doesn't get much worse that hot tubs and chats on beds. It creates an illusion that romance is easy. Even as a ten-year-old, I can tell you that's a big fact lie. So, really,I only watch it for the cheesy lines and cat fights
Kid, 11 years old March 15, 2011

Good show, make sure kids are mature enough to handle it

I like the show, my mom watches it all the time. (Emily won last night!!) but there is a reason why it's rated tv 14, lots of kissing, skimpy outfits and everything else that's tied in with that. But it's a good show as long as your kids are mature enough to understand it
Teen, 15 years old Written bymaddiecat1221 January 9, 2011

some iffy stuff, but teens can handle it.

just watched the first episode and already i love it. not much bad stuff in the first episode, but there were clips of kissing scenes in the coming episodes... this should be expected on a dating show, however.... occasional drinking but so fatr not thst bad...
Teen, 16 years old Written bybieber_fever55 August 23, 2010

Mature Viewers Only... Too Much Sex

This show probably is one of the worst shows ever when it comes to values and what not. However it is so addicting! Once you watch the first episode you have to watch the rest, because you'll fall in love with the characters -- not to mention the drama. The last episode is the best, because you get to see two people in love (at the time) become engaged. Of course there is tons of kissing, drinking, and negative role models along the way however. And normally in the end after the show is said and done, the couple lasts for no more than about 1 month or so. But it's good while it lasts. :) Nothing too sexy is shown, just kissing. But there is upfront sex talk constantly. Not recommended for anyone under 14.
Adult Written byNoCal75 April 9, 2008

Not really a good show for anyone.

This show is just plain awful, for kids and for adults. It is called reality tv, but there is no reality involved. Only supermodel types are chosen and the bachelor has a scant few weeks of interaction to decide who to be with, so his decision is based basically on who is the most beautiful and who annoys him the least. The social message from this show is ridiculous. Waste of time.
Teen, 13 years old Written byteenreviews January 19, 2016

Fine for tweens and older

I am 13 and I just started watching season 20 of the bachelor and I love it! The show is honestly harmless. It's just another reality TV show. As long as your child knows that it's not a real way to fall in love, it's fine to watch it. It's actually very entertaining and fun to watch! There is a bit of romance and swearing but what do you expect from a reality TV show? As long as your child is mature, I'd say go for it!
Teen, 16 years old Written byMaya16 December 24, 2015

WAY too much talk about making out

My parents watch this sometimes. Most of the time I feel like this is only about kissing and you know what. I do not think that teenagers or young adults under 21 should be viewing the bachelor or bachelorette. This belongs on premium cable.
Kid, 11 years old February 4, 2012

The kind of show you love to hate and hate to love.

This is a funny show because it's so crazy! It is about dating and stuff, so obvioisly there is some inappropriate stuff, but it's ok for kids, too.
Kid, 12 years old February 4, 2012

Gross

There's alot of drinking, and sexual content on this show.In one episode, Courtney and someone else were skinny dipping.
Kid, 12 years old February 1, 2012

It sucks you in

A lot of kissing/making out, in a recent episode the bachelor and one of the females went skinny dipping. Fights, mainly verbal break out in the house, most the girls are sneaky, not really any good role models. Once you look past the suger coated "story line" of all this its really a dumb reality show.
Teen, 16 years old Written by_rose0816 January 2, 2012

Mature audience required!!

Not good for young kids, but teens can handle it. It's nothing we don't already know. Its a Monday night ritual for me and my mom :)
Parent of a 12 year old Written byPatty101 July 6, 2010

AMAZING!!

LOVE THIS SHOW AND SO DOES MY DAUGHTER!!
Kid, 11 years old May 31, 2010

Never for kids

Lots of sexual content, too much swearing and drinking. The girls act like snobs So many bad messages and role models for kids and younger teens. Parents... don't let your kids watch it!
Adult Written byFather of 2 January 25, 2010

Those who watch should get a life of thier own and pay attention to it, not this crappy show.

Sets up kids for communicative and relationship failures. It's degrading for both sexes and parents should model making good choices by NOT watching this show - even if the kids are in bed or not home - the conversation will inevitably come up and the kids will know their parents watch this horrible show and therefore by their own actions value it - sad.
Kid, 10 years old June 24, 2009

Racy, but it just depends.

I watch this show with my friends, but it can be a bit racy and can have bad language. After all, the show is about finding love.