All member reviews for The Backyardigans

Animal friends find melodious, kid-friendly adventures.

Kid, 8 years old July 19, 2013

THE. BEST. SHOW. EVER. TO. EXIST.

The Backyardigans is an awesome show that teaches kids to use their imagination. Unlike all the people that say this show is pathetic, it is probably because they are not seeing the true episode. Most just watch it and go do something else. But this is a lovely show. I would do anything to keep the production of it going on ever since they discontinued it.
Kid, 9 years old April 28, 2012

$&@?-!-("""""?!%+=>

Urgggggggggggg!I'm sick of seeing my sister watch this garbage!!!!!!!
Kid, 9 years old April 28, 2012

Not Cool

This Sucks TV-CL(Conturl Losers)
Teen, 16 years old Written bynajjahanderson April 27, 2012

one of the best

Its a good show for young kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMerlinFan February 5, 2012

They've got the whole wide world in their yard to explore.

I'm a teen, and I really enjoy this show. :) I myself have learned things from it, and sing the songs out loud in high school. The characters are so cute and imaginative. I love how every time they're on an adventure, they never have a problem and things they need are always conveniently there. Great show!
Kid, 11 years old June 1, 2011

Very cute show!!!

I think this is a very good show for kids! Miranda Cosgrove lover, please stop lying about these shows, this show is not pathetic. It is very cute and entertaining, Its all about friendship. I like the theme song. I used to love this show and I still love it! Anybody especially Miranda Cosgrove lover who hates this show or does not like it needs to shut up. This show is so wonderful! Why does it have 3 stars? It should be the best because it is so good for everybody, positive messages, It has even better messages than Dora. Nick JR. ,Thank you for making this show. Lots of people love it!!! I think this is the best show for all ages, Educational, good role models and positive messages have been sent to cute tiny little beings all around the world! Love it!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byDr.Pepsi May 28, 2011

Awesome TV Show

I love this show, it is educational!
Teen, 16 years old Written byteamjacobgirl2.0 March 21, 2011

My little sister loves this show, so that's the reason for the 4 stars :D

my little sister loves this show but, I've got one quesion, What is the pink thing supposed to be? Anyone have an idea beacuse I'm lost and I think its some kind of bug. :)
Parent of a 2 year old Written byLilybugsMom February 6, 2011

Fits a great big world into a little backyard!

We love The Backyardigans! These characters remind us that kids don't need an elaborate toy or play set in order to have a great time...in fact, they are probably much better off without them! Using nothing but their imaginations and (naturally) the backyard, the Backyardigans surf Tiki beach, travel the Nile, battle robots and swamp monsters, and much more. The songs have nice melodies and don't grate on adult ears. The variety of scenarios is likely to hold the most appeal for older kids. I think it could be an easy springboard for cultivating your child's more unique interests - a little one particularly fascinated by the pirate episode, for example, might have a great time learning about real life pirates or designing treasure maps. One caveat, the show can occasionally be scary for the under 4 crowd (though my 2 year old daughter doesn't seem to mind).
Parent of a 2 year old Written bytbinney January 28, 2011

Great show, but still a SHOW

This is a great show in a lot of ways. The music is great, themes are fine, et cetera. But it is a show. Shows do not teach kids how to use their imagination. That is a fallacy. Imagination and creativity are nurtured only by using creativity and imagination, and shows, toys that light up and make noise, et al only constrain the creative process.
Parent of a 5 year old Written byBPBury1970 January 21, 2011

Absolutely recommend

My son loves it, but @ 5 years old he's starting to prefer more action-oriented fare, like The Transformers cartoon. Still, we love the songs and have all of the music on our ipod. The songs are really catchy. The stories are well-crafted and have lots of humor. There is a real intelligence at work here that you don't get in other shows. Overall, I think it's heads and shoulders above most kids TV out there.
Parent Written bymcole December 21, 2010

Good Themes, Great Music

Five friends imagine (child appropriate) adventures together in their shared back yard. Each episode features a different musical style.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byThomasMommy October 7, 2010

Great tunes, dancing and just FUN to watch!

My son loves it and has since he was 2, and it doesn't torture us parents to watch it. My son loves music and the Backyardigans are always singing and dancing. It is not particularly educational, but it's great fun for my son.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byeyoungmom September 5, 2010

entertaining.

Not really educational, but entertaining. I think my husband enjoys it more then our daughter!
Kid, 10 years old August 15, 2010

perfect for all ages

i rate this for todders,kids, and for parents
Parent of a 4 year old Written byBelashan April 11, 2010
Parent of a 2 year old Written bykalgon7 March 9, 2010

great show

Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written byBoyzdeGit February 21, 2010
My 3 and 6 year old boys love this show. One of the few that they will watch together and not fight about it. Most times when the music comes on the the 3yo will be on his feet dancing along. I like the exposure to different styles of music and dance. I think the characters are nice and I have never had a problem with any of the story lines. It definitely encourages imagination and pretend play, both things I think are very important part of growth and development. My boys have even acted out the show later on in the day--with their own take on it.
Parent of a 3 year old Written bySharon M December 8, 2009

fun for the patient and music/dance-obsessed preschooler

The vast majority of pop-cultural references that pop up in these "kids'" imaginations fly right over my son's head. That's fine for segment-based shows like Sesame Street that invite adult interaction and have to keep those adults involved, but in this show, those details are needed to support the complex story-lines and consequently, the show just doesn't hold my son's interest for long, despite the clever musical themes and well-choreographed dance numbers. I suspect that by the time his attention span has grown long enough to sit through the elaborate plots, he'll consider himself too big to watch the cutesy little-kid characters. The fact that the dance numbers are done by real people before getting mapped onto the animated characters makes it possible for a real kid to emulate them and actually learn some real dance skills in the process. Definitely the coolest thing about the show. Worth giving it a try on that basis, alone, if your kid's a mover and shaker in the literal sense.
Parent of a 1, 3, 8, and 10 year old Written byJacobyShaddix32 November 28, 2009