All member reviews for The Big Bang Theory

Teen, 15 years old Written byOGORMAN January 17, 2011

You may want to watch the first few episodes with parents to see what they think, only because of sexual content at times.

I absolutely love this show! I watch it with my parents all the time. Leonard, Sheldon, and Penny alone are a perfect trio; add in all of the other dorky and lovable characters and you have one of the best smart-comedy shows of all time. Sheldon has so many quirks: the way he knocks on the door, where he sits in the apartment, and "Bazinga!!" Though Penny is portrayed as the "dumb blonde" (yes I prefer to spell blonde like I am English) she's still able to keep up with the antics of her neighbors across the hall. My only concern is that with every episode the sexual innuendos and dry language have begun to oust all of the other parts of the show that I thought were truly funny. Consistent drinking amongst characters has become more prominent as well. Still most certainly a must watch! :)
Kid, 10 years old November 24, 2008

Awesome show!

I'm a VERY mature 5th grade girl (as my mum says) so i watch alot of TV shows like this.(Family guy,scrubs,etc.)Let me tell you i ALWAYS laugh my head off when i watch this, I have to admit kids under the age of ten or immature ten-twelve year olds should NOT watch this show.Rock paper scissors lizard spock! lolz
Teen, 13 years old Written byBook_lover98 April 21, 2011

Great for laughs with mature older kids

I think it's fantastic! The humor is intelligent, not plain crude. I completely disagree with the website's rating; this show is funny and it protrays good morales. Yes sexual innuendo is there but it is restricted and not always easy to find.
Teen, 16 years old Written byPhoenixfire12003 June 23, 2014

Great show, for mature 11-year olds and up.

This show is hilarious. However, there is heavy sexual stuff I must discuss. Around season 3, Penny and Leonard are often seen in bed together, (the sheets cover any inappropriate parts.) and they often discuss their sex with their friends and each other. In one episode, Howard builds a giant hand, and uses it to sexually pleasure himself. However, it gets stuck, so he has to call his friends to take him to the emergency room. (His excuse is he tripped and fell on it.) Sheldon often refers to sex as "coitus" which may go over kid's heads. In one episode, the men have a contest where whoever holds on to the "one ring" the longest gets to keep it. Penny walks past Leonard while the men are all still holding on to the ring; and she taunts Leonard by waving a pink-striped bag; and tells him it was from Victorias Secret. He stares at her, and gives up by letting go of the ring; and walks into penny's room. In one episode, Raj and Leonard hire a prostitute to be Howard's girlfriend. Once you move past the sex stuff, it's a great show. Sheldon is a great role model; he shows his brains often. Also, I think he never has sex in the show (I haven't watched every episode.) very minimal language; "crap" "d-mn" characters sometimes get drunk. Overall, a great, funny show for 11+.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAtherb123dolph November 3, 2013

Big Bang Theory!

I think this TV program, is amazing. I don't think kids under 13 should really watch it without an adult in the room or without an adult watching it first. 12 is an exception to watching it. But under that I don't think they should be allowed to watch it alone. But I cannot recommend this program enough!
Kid, 12 years old July 30, 2013

If your conserned about this show.....Then read this!!!!!!!!!

The Big Bang Theory is a up and down show because some episodes have inappropriate references to sex and then there's episodes that are playful, funny and appropriate. So appropriate that a 5 year old could watch it. If your kid is younger I recommend watching the episode BEFORE your kid dose because if you don't you might end up watching penny and lender(two characters from the show) having sex! But if your child is 11 years old then I recommend watching the show WITH them. There is one more thing you should know there's a lot of swearing and if you don't want your child to her that king of language then you shouldn't watch it at all. Besides those miner details The Big Bang Theory is a funny show!:) BIZINGA!
Teen, 14 years old Written byilovereviews July 10, 2013

bazinga

It's a good show, but you must talk with your child while watching it. Make sure they understand that these are stereotypes provided to us for our entertainment. Most of the "advice" should not be applied in real life, although the values of friendship should. I rated this show 13+ because by this age kids are more like adults in training. For a crash course in adulthood, along with some hilarious jokes to soften the blow, I recommend this show.
Kid, 9 years old December 26, 2011

Chuck Lorre = The Century's Newest Genius

This is an amazing show. It teaches life lessons and so on. Raj can only speak to women if he is drinking or drunk. Language frequently ranges over h--l, d--n, b---h, rat b-----d, b-----d, sl-t. Absolutely NO consumerism or product replacement. People talk about sex, lots of references (lewd) people shown in bed men shown in their underwear. But best show EVER!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bypurplebaron November 1, 2011

Great show for 14 and up

I love this show. It is funny, and the characters are great. I love Sheldon <3. There is a lot of swearing and sex and some drinks and drugs, some beware of it if you kids watch. One other thing to watch out for - religion is a highly talked about topic on the show, and the stuff isn't always nice.
Kid, 12 years old January 23, 2011

Perfect Geek Comedy show for 13+

I watch this show quite regularly with my parents and we all heartily enjoy it. It is geek humor (i.e. XKCD) so some may not understand it. Bad stuff: Innuendo is prominent. Mild Language. I disagree greatly with CSM's review. Penny is almost never seen in a towel, sperm banks were discussed only in the pilot, Sheldon was also only seen in his underwear in the pilot, and Leonard is rarely in his underwear. There is also no violence. CSM really failed this time.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykellipetrelli January 9, 2011

Why i live for thursdays :D

My current fave sitcom. Ties for second best tv show with scrubs. (: i love how its educational, and hilarious. it keeps me laughing thirty mnutes straight. :D i love this sho and Jim ;D
Teen, 16 years old Written byTacoSpartan January 7, 2011

Bazinga!

My whole family loves this show! Sheldon is our favorite, of course. XD
Teen, 15 years old Written bycbar04 June 21, 2015

seriously?

Okay. First, Penny is NOT a dumb blonde. She's learned from the guys and it is evident that she's grown up in recent episodes (you would know that if you watched the show). Second, the sexual innuendo has gone down in recent episodes. In some episodes, there's not anything bad in them at all. Third, the show is hilarious. It's great for teens like myself, older kids and adults. Kids should get parental permission before watching it. However, parents, your kids know more than you think. Fourth, in what episode do any of the characters smoke a cigarette? I don't remember that at all (and I've watched every episode). Common Sense Media, please update your review of the Big Bang Theory. It's so inaccurate it's sad.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykitty47 June 3, 2015

Hilarious sitcom for both teens and adults

Teen, 14 years old Written byGetshrektm8 May 20, 2015

The big bang theory

The big bang theory is an American sitcom made in 2007. It does have cursing like b*tch and strong sexual references. It is about four geeky guys and a women named Penny. It is quite stereotypical by showing that the blonde character, Penny, is dum. They do talk about a lot of science terms that some people may find hard to understand and superhero references. If your child is a mature 12 year old then it would be fine, if not wait until about 14+.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAnonymousgamer13 March 25, 2015

mild language and characters are seen in bed together

Not much to say here. My suggestion to parents is to watch the show yourselves and decide for yourselves.
Kid, 11 years old February 18, 2015

The Big Bang Theory

The Big Bang Theory is hilarious, sweet, and is obviously not an effortless project, with few misses inbetween. Recommended for kids 13 and up for: Brief Sexual Content/References (no nudity, ever), Some Brief Drinking/Drug Use and Brief Stronf Language.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfandoms February 14, 2015

LOVE IT

Very relatable for nerds hilarious, and not that bad... mature 13+
Kid, 11 years old February 5, 2015

Really, REALLY know your kid.

If I were a parent, I wouldn't let my ten year-old in the room if I was watching this show. It's rife with sexual content. Now, kids around twelve or thirteen, consider letting them watch the show. Do some research, and know what episodes to skip. One more thing, don't let your child watch alone until they are about 15
Teen, 14 years old Written bySammieWammie2 January 3, 2015

HIGH LEVEL GRAMMAR USES + HUMOR THAT LEAVES YOU LAUGHING

I feel this comedy show is for children that can speak and understand high level of grammar. I am a 12 year old girl and find that some of the words are hard to understand, but then again, the show is about an unusual group of scientists! I started to take interest in the show when I was about 8 years old. I recently showed it to my parents and my dad loved it while my mom had to get used to it, but is now addicted to it!