All member reviews for The Brady Bunch

Oh, my nose! '70s icon is family-friendly fare.

Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

I love it!!!

It's the best show ever!
Kid, 12 years old March 29, 2013

A Show That Beats Nick Any Day!

I am 12 years old, and to tell you the truth, I have an extremely hard time finding good shows. Almost every Nickelodeon shows has cursing, TeenNick is too teen for me, and let's not get started on NickJr. When my dad first showed me this show, I became 100% obsessed. The Brady Bunch has no bad language or inapropriateness. It is great to find a time where there is a family with no cell phones. In one episode, no one can find Jan, their 15 year old daughter, at an amusement park. They can't just call her, so they took forever trying to find her. It was hilarious. The Brady Bunch is great for 5 and up, because it isn't cartoon, so toddlers may become bored and not understand the jokes. By the way, I also recommend the show Good Luck Charlie for ages 5 and older and the show Monk for ages 8 and older, if you have an 8 year old who doesn't mind a little cursing or sexy stuff.
Kid, 11 years old May 18, 2013

great

fun for all ages the whole family will love it
Kid, 11 years old February 9, 2013

Classic

This show is the definition of a hilarious classic.
Parent Written bywmh012376 July 3, 2012

Surprisingly Good!

I never watched it as a kid and decided to put it on for my 6 YO. It's actually a really nice show. I like that everyone isn't sarcastic/mean/smart-mouthed like they are in today's shows. It's a good wholesome show. Not sure that even exists today!
Kid, 11 years old May 26, 2012

Watch The Brady Bunch

It has positive rolemodels and no swearing some dating good for kids.
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written bydublinmom2 August 9, 2010

perfect for the entire family

i grew up with the bradys and this is one of the first shows i showed my kids. my kids love it. i don't have to worry about any language or negativity. it is kind of slow for this generation but it's better than what they make these days and if you watch a few, you'll want to watch more.
Adult Written byallenkephart April 25, 2010

Perfect for everybody

I think this review is dead on. I grew up with the show and it one of my all time favorites, but it is somewhat dated and kids today may not get it. But there are somethings displayed in the show that hold true today.
Teen, 14 years old Written byinfinitylion August 4, 2015

Pretty Good

This is a DECENT series. It is the cleanest sitcom ever, so I say it would be pretty good for a family. Honesly, about half of the episodes are funny, the other half makes me want to get up and do something else. All in all, a decent show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byajwaterman13 July 10, 2015

Best Family TV show!

My mom showed me this TV show when we were driving back for a car trip and we fell in love at first sight. My mom watched it when she was young and also loved it!
Teen, 17 years old Written bytvconnoisseur October 16, 2014

Depressing

I really regret finding it entertaining in 4th, and 5th grade. The style, and premise are boring, and Maureen McCormick holds the world record for having the most nauseating voice! Most of all, the show was way behind its time; it has a ‘50s feel! Greg never once grew an Afro! There was no talk of disco (it could have well never existed!), and it was squeaky clean!
Adult Written byLowe's man July 2, 2014

A good show for each new generation.

This is a show where all the kids, despite wide variations in age, get along well (most of the time anyway) and work together as a team. The moral messages are wholesome as well and do so without being preachy. A good way to give kids these messages without risking them turning off. Although the pace is somewhat slow by today's standards, even by today's standards the pace isn't too slow. Moreover, when I watched as a kid in the 80s, I didn't think that the pace was either too fast or too slow- it was just right. As for teens not seeing the show's appeal, let me remind you that this show, during THE BRADY BUNCH craze of the 90s, was popular with teens and college students, perhaps more so than with younger children. So THE BRADY BUNCH has stronger appeal to teens than I gather you think. As for what you seem to imply that some will mind the wholesome tone of the show, I believe that its resurgence in the 90s occurred because it's wholesome, not in spite of it. And, while nonwhites rarely appeared on the show, the few nonwhites that did appear were always nice and portrayed in a positive light. As for what Stepheresa says about the overt focus on self-image, that's normal for teenagers. Moreover, that focus isn't not as strong here as it has tended to be on other shows that feature teenagers. The only thing that you'll have to watch out for with younger children is the sexism (which is why I put the green light at 7 rather than 5 or younger). It's particularly bad in the early seasons. You'll just have to remind your children of the way people thought back then. And again, it becomes balanced as the series progresses, most notably when Marcia beat Greg in a driving obstacle course that the family set up. There's only one other thing you should watch out for. I didn't notice this as a kid but did notice in adolescence, which I found a little disturbing. Alice was a female chauvinist. In other words, she seemed to like the girls better than the boys, as she talked more to the girls than the boys. I don't know if she really was or if it was just my observation. If she really was, was Ann B. Davis (who played Alice) more comfortable with girls than with boys, or did Alice's behavior come exclusively from the writers? If you think about it, you just might be asking these questions yourself.
Parent of a 6 year old Written byStepheresa December 24, 2013

Brady Brady Brady!

The Brady Bunch is mostly wholesome, but as the review notes there is a fair amount of sexism, balanced by the fact that in competitive situations the girls are usually seen as equals and sometimes even best the boys. I would add that one of the things my wife and I are noticing in adulthood is an overt focus on self-image, from Marcia's braces episode to Jan's obsession with beauty in "The Not-So-Ugly Duckling" (both Season One). We know the show very well, so will be more alert to some of these plotlines in the future and avoid those episodes. Will probably skip the "Greg is smoking" episode too.
Teen, 15 years old Written byGateswing_Guy March 17, 2013

This is my 2nd favorite show next to SpongeBob SquarePants. Also, if you don't like this show, you have no taste, and you like Jersey Shore and other crappy shows.

The title pretty much says it all.
Kid, 11 years old March 31, 2012

Off the hook

This Tv show is is one of the best TV shows in the world it is great for all ages and if you like the brady bunch you might like happy days
Kid, 12 years old January 13, 2012

Perfect Compared to Nowadays!

I love this show and think it is really funny and great fo rthe whole family. My dad and I love to watch it in the kitchen while we make dinner or wash dishes and it is the perfect show compared to the things they have nowadays.
Kid, 8 years old December 21, 2011

The Stupid Bunch

Not as good as it looks. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( and a little bit of :)'s
Teen, 16 years old Written byChronoTrigger July 3, 2011

Here's the story, of a man named Brady...

This show helped me through puberty- I realized that even back in the 70's, kids went through the same issues as me. This show has no high expectations- the kids make mistakes, the parents help them fix them and see what they did wrong. Clean humor, and nothing else inappropriate. I think this may have been the one 70's show where no one was smoking.
Teen, 14 years old Written by8colony8 April 25, 2011

This is a really good classic show. Kids lie to parents, but learn a lesson in the end. While the jokes can be cheesy, it's still very entertaining. In several episodes they show Mike and Carol kissing, which any sensible kid won't like. Other than that, it's fine for kids. (The actor for Mike in real life is gay, but it;s never mentioned in the show)
Teen, 15 years old Written byHTFMime March 26, 2011

One of the best classic shows ever made.

I used to watch this show when I was 5 with my mom. It use to be on the Nick at night channel but too bad they don't show it anymore. :(