All member reviews for The Carrie Diaries

Sex and the City prequel is edgy but has merit for teens.

Parent of a 11, 13, and 14 year old Written bybdumais April 5, 2014

The initials "CW" are a tip off

If you want your sons and daughters to begin down the road of Sex and the City, dehumanization and objectification as sexual objects, this show is for you. Ditto if you want them to never have a trusting, meaningful and Godly relationship with their future spouses.
Parent Written byTV67 January 28, 2013

Pleasantly Surprised

So Far from just watching the Pilot I was Pleasantly surprised. I assumed it would be just another teen show over sexualising kids and portraying teens to be adults. This was not true. I felt like the teens in this show were very realistically portrayed. There was some sex talk but not in the way you would expect considering this is a spin off of a very sex driven show. I don't think fans of sex in the city will like it if your looking for a carbon copy of the original. This is a TEEN show and it is fully a teen show. Saying that I wouldn't let anyone below 14 or 15 watch it because it does touch on mature subjects.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNetflixTeen January 24, 2015

OK Show, Can be Quite Inappropriate

Rated: Iffy for ages 14 and under . -Pot is found in a 14 year old's room in the first five minutes of the first episode -Drink champagne from bottle (seen on screen) , 6-pack of wine coolers (mentioned, not seen) -Passionate kissing -"Boob to boob hug" said by friend (innocent, I didn't mark down b/c of that) -A woman is shown wearing only a bra in a changing room -A role model of Carrie's steals from a store -Virginity is mentioned, defined really. -Friends mention what their first sexual experience was like -Quote: "I must be the only 17 year old guy saying no [to sex] to his girlfriend." Sex is not that common!!! Don't act like it is! -14 year old goes missing for a night, comes home drunk Positive: -Anna Sophia Robb (Carrie) is a very gifted actress. She's the reason I began watching. -Carrie holds in her anger towards her sister and makes the best out of the situation. -Carrie gets an internship, showing responsibility -Although she may seem a bit "stiff,"(or bitchy, according to Carrie) the woman who oversees her internship is a good role model. Hardworking, religious (mentions not to use Jesus' name in vain), and is conservative. -Carrie has a curfew that she works to stick to -A boyfriend (not Carrie's) says he wants to wait to have sex Oh, and by the way, this is my review for the first episode. I don't plan on continuing to watch this,
Kid, 12 years old January 20, 2013

AWESOME SHOW!!

I love this show. It is funny and it is great to watch. I love it and I think mature 11 or 12 year olds can watch this but I think 13 is the perfect age. It is about a teenage girl... it is perfect for other teenagers.
Parent Written bytamlee1978 May 9, 2013

For grown ups, college aged

Not exactly what you want your teenager daughter to be watching
Teen, 13 years old Written bymt123 February 11, 2013

GREAT SHOW!

Lots of talk about sex. Some underage drinking and drug references. Carrie usually tends to make good choices and learns a fairly important message about life in every episode. I love this show and think its appropriate for teens.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykell098 June 12, 2014

very dirty show!

This is a REALLY inappropriate show for anyone. There is a lot of sexual content and it has very bad messages!
Educator and Parent Written byDLowery August 9, 2013

Casual sex and confusing norms

I might be old fashion but the casual nature of sex and the behaviors of some of the characters makes me wonder where the adults are in this show. I can't believe kids are allowed to hang out in their bedrooms at home, have sex, and parents seem to be downstairs. Some behaviors may make teens think this is the "norm". I had to keep reminding my 15 year old that this was not appropriate and "normal" teen behavior...or shouldn't be. This show, if watched at all, must be watched and discussed with the parent. My daughter got sick of my commenting about inappropriateness of show while watching with her (there's a lot to comment about) and then we decided it wasn't one she needs to be watching. "Switched at Birth" is a better choice.
Kid, 11 years old October 30, 2013

The Carrie Diaries

Great Show! I started watching it when I found out AnnaSophia Robb was in it (she's my favorite actress next to zooey dechannel)! It's a lot like Jane by Design, so if you watch that you'll enjoy this show. There were teens who had pot, and some talk about losing their virginity along with a teenager who cheats on her boyfriend with an adult cop because her boyfriend doesn't want to go all the way with her. Other than that, there was some drinking, but it's definitely a better choice for tweens than Pretty Little Liars or something like that.
Kid, 11 years old February 7, 2015

Not very inappropriate

I am a 11 about to be 12 year old...and I love this show. It's not that inappropriate just they do talk about sex. But it has a great message to be yourself.
Kid, 11 years old October 19, 2014

Kid, 12 years old February 1, 2014

The Carrie diaries

This tv show is amazing.It teaches kids about life
Teen, 14 years old Written byaleee February 22, 2013

Wouldn't recommend for 13 and under!

I'm 14 and I think The Carrie Diaries is a great show for kids my age and over! There are a lot of refrences to drugs like a couple of character are smoking pot and another one is taking acid and ecstasy at a party and there are a few sexual refrences, but apart from that its a very good show!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byMaddiemays June 24, 2014

Iffy, but good

While there are many references to teen age sex, drinking, and drug use, the show also holds merit for appropriately aged teens. Carrie is independent, but willing to trust her fathers judgement, and spunky, but again knows when to obey. Her father is a good leader and the lack of a mother will help a lot of girls my age relate to Carrie. Over all, this show is great when watched with a parent or when a parent has conversations with their watching teen about their expectations of the teen about sex, drugs, and alcohol.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykitti10 February 16, 2014

So good!

Teen, 13 years old Written byTEEN123 July 21, 2013

Appropriate

I absolutely love the carrie diaries. Theres very little sex but there are a lot of make out sessions. Many people smopke but thats about it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byracheldp April 12, 2013

Great Show! But not for kids

It's a really great show but I found myself uncomfortable watching it sometimes because of the many times the characters talk about "having sex" and Carrie does tell Sebastian many times throughout episodes that she "wants to have sex with him" New Yorkers talk about smoking pot and doing drugs but nothing is shown.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDavid Andrea Rob April 1, 2013

Annasophia is gorgeous

well,I think this show is awesome,sparking its peculiar appeal in every episode and I am really fond of robb's role as the heroine ----carrie Bradshaw. Annasophia really has the talent to give us an amazing and fabulous performance.Howwwwwww,she is gorgeous. just because of her beauty,the show makes its difference to others
Teen, 13 years old Written byMaary February 9, 2013

Goooood

It's really fun and good, but there is a lot of sexual content, and it is only in the fourth episode..