All member reviews for The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That

Funny feline makes natural science fun for kids.

Parent of a 4 year old Written byHildsa January 1, 2011
My 4 year old don't miss this show. Cat in the Hat book is his favorite, i can read if for ever and he wants again and again. He loves the show. It is a little bit fast and the noises sometimes are annoying for me, but I try to keep myself entertained as see him jumping and learning stuff
Kid, 11 years old August 21, 2011

Don't watch this show!

this show is not educational, because the cat uses words that aren't real words, it has bad grammar, and kids might start to use this weird words. It is a very pointless tv show for kids. don't watch it!
Teen, 15 years old Written byGregoryMccormick123 June 24, 2014

Awful stuff.

Dr. Seuss is rolling in his grave. This is just like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, only worse. Pukish animation, crappy acting, and annoying characters. Please run far away from this show, and do not look at it EVER! You have been warned.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySuperSonicSteve896 April 29, 2013

PURE FILTH.

This is just another fail on PBS Kids' part. It is a really annoying show and I hate it. It ruined The Cat in The Hat.
Teen, 14 years old Written byOMGCatXD March 24, 2013

DR.SEUSS IS DOING THE RUNNING MAN IN HIS GRAVE

Please, this ruins Theodore Giesel's art, Magifique turns to.. Um... NO! They don't even follow the concepts. They just make up random things and places and they don't put potential in problems, it's repetitive and predictable, they should really show more Seuss characters too, it's horribly portrayed, what a wannabe! Fish is a big bother and stubborn, at the end, Fish acts like Dora, kids can easily find out think and rely on pictures, not things they know and stick with. Why does the mom let them do whatever the kids want and leave them alone, it's like she doesn't care... Go feed on the 1996-1997 version.
Parent Written byMamaDawn February 21, 2012

Teaching Respect Through Example

This show is fun, educational and positive. Although it is not the focus of the show, I appreciate feelings and emotions are respected and dealt with positively.
Kid, 12 years old August 19, 2011

Creepy

This it the worst show in the history of...EVER. Dont watch this show. All they do is go off with some creepy cat dude in a red thingamabob to a weird place where they dont use there brains. Bad grammer, weird voices and in one episode they met a camel and they kept on talking about her 'hump"." you got the hump just right". "Hop on the hump". My hump carries food". Like seriously what are they trying to do. Educate four year olds in sex ed. Wow. Now im going to pass it on to my friend. I love animals friend comment: This show is inappropriate for young children, cuz there is violent pushing, they mention words that you would use in sex ed like"hump" and the main charecters go off with a creepy man that they don't even know! and their parents let them go with a frigin' scary stranger!!!!! I love animals: NEVER watch this show EVER.
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byCountryMom27 November 26, 2010

Great show for preschoolers and early grade schoolers

One of the few shows my four year old and six 1/2 yr old agree on. As an added perk, it seems to have driven a fascination with my youngest for his Dr. Seuss books, particularly Cat in the Hat. Catchy music, great themes, lots of info, and funny too.
Educator and Parent Written byAmber1997 April 10, 2016
Kid, 12 years old November 30, 2015

The Cat in the Hat Knows Nothing About That!

Dr. Seuss' family should sue PBS for turning The cat in the hat into a pile of crap! PBS sucks even more than it used to! Yours, Goatworlds.
Teen, 13 years old Written byomg_ur_funny September 6, 2015

Oh my...the horribleness

First off the fact that the mother/father actually allows them to go with the Cat is just so bad.What if it's a kidnapper.They will just say yes only because their kids ask. Second is the songs.The songs are so bad,it sounds more like screeching than singing. Finally, the fact that the Cat just appears out of nowhere is creepy.Like they ask something and *POOF* he's there.PBS has gotten so poorly in their programming that now they think that anything is acceptable.
Kid, 9 years old July 31, 2014

Most. Annoying. Show. EVER!!!!!

Parent Written bysueryan10 June 18, 2014

disappointing seuss

I enjoy Dr. Seuss for older children (over 10 years old). His initial stories were for adults and so I don't agree with using Dr. Seuss for young children- especially toddlers. He uses nonsense words and is way to chaotic for educational learning. The voices are the MOST annoying.
Educator and Parent Written byMeme23 May 2, 2014

Best Educational and Intresting

its so good. explains verry well about things in an intresting and non boring way. Help me explain day and nigth concept, a lot about animals, plants, planets, gravity and a lot more. I watch it with my 6 old and 4 and its so good. The only concern is that the mom do not know about the cat ( do not belive) and My girl is comparing me with the verry flexible mom that they have. (Which I am not) And my girl always complain that the boy always have to flick the "ship" to get started and not the girl.
Teen, 17 years old Written byILoveTacoBell September 22, 2013

This is terrible!

This show is just a bad idea to even begin with. Disgusting animation and annoying songs. I only watched 5 minutes of this crap, and it was so bad I turned off the TV.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySnoopylove87 March 13, 2013

STUPIDITY

WHAT KIND OF PARENT ALLOWS THEIR 5 YEAR OLD GO TO THE MOON OR SOMETHING WITH A STUPID CAT AND HIS "THINGS" AND THE CAT MAKES OUT WITH HIS HAT IN ONE EPISODE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byIdiotHead1101 August 29, 2012

BAD

Teen, 16 years old Written byDrCool June 1, 2012

Can't stand it!

This is a very bad show.It's better than that trashy Dinosaur Train show,but it still blows logs.The characters (from the actual book) have gone from interesting to ANNOYING! Also,the animation STINKS! It looks TERRIBLY pukish! The theme song is horrible! So annoying! But like I said earlier,this is better than Dinosaur Train.I can only watch 5 minutes of THAT show without inviting brain rot.I can stand 30 minutes of this (though I DO hate this show).Parents,unless you want your kids acting really annoying,then please keep the kids away from this,and put on Maisy,Cyberchase,or Arthur instead.Those are all excellent kid shows.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJoseph Rock February 29, 2012

Not as good as the book,just a dissapointment for all fans of The Cat In The Hat.

I hate this show! The theme song is annoying and the animation quality is BAD!
Kid, 9 years old June 24, 2011

HOLY COW U WON'T BELIVE THIS BUT

The cat in the hat once gargled water and sang. And they met a whale and his girlfriend came and said we have a DATE! age 2 off ages 3-4 iffy ages 5 and up on