All member reviews for The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That

Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byCountryMom27 November 26, 2010

Great show for preschoolers and early grade schoolers

One of the few shows my four year old and six 1/2 yr old agree on. As an added perk, it seems to have driven a fascination with my youngest for his Dr. Seuss books, particularly Cat in the Hat. Catchy music, great themes, lots of info, and funny too.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byHildsa January 1, 2011

My 4 year old don't miss this show. Cat in the Hat book is his favorite, i can read if for ever and he wants again and again. He loves the show. It is a little bit fast and the noises sometimes are annoying for me, but I try to keep myself entertained as see him jumping and learning stuff
Kid, 11 years old August 21, 2011

Don't watch this show!

this show is not educational, because the cat uses words that aren't real words, it has bad grammar, and kids might start to use this weird words. It is a very pointless tv show for kids. don't watch it!
Adult Written bycmaika October 19, 2010

love it!

My 6 and 4 year old love this show! And LOVE hearing Martin Short's voice!!!!
Kid, 12 years old August 19, 2011

Creepy

This it the worst show in the history of...EVER. Dont watch this show. All they do is go off with some creepy cat dude in a red thingamabob to a weird place where they dont use there brains. Bad grammer, weird voices and in one episode they met a camel and they kept on talking about her 'hump"." you got the hump just right". "Hop on the hump". My hump carries food". Like seriously what are they trying to do. Educate four year olds in sex ed. Wow. Now im going to pass it on to my friend. I love animals friend comment: This show is inappropriate for young children, cuz there is violent pushing, they mention words that you would use in sex ed like"hump" and the main charecters go off with a creepy man that they don't even know! and their parents let them go with a frigin' scary stranger!!!!! I love animals: NEVER watch this show EVER.
Kid, 12 years old March 6, 2011

Good show, I like the books too.

This show is very good show, education. I do like reading the books better, but this show is good too.
Parent of a 4, 4, and 7 year old Written bymagasalee January 7, 2011

Parent of a 2 year old Written byMidwestDad December 5, 2010

Please stop running this show.

This remotely educational show replaced the highly educational Sid, the Science Kid time slot in my area. The voice acting is rather grating and annoying for the main characters while their journeys are always to made up lands presumably solely for the sake of rhyming. The educational aspects are usually so brief that if you blink you will miss them. While I enjoy the comic stylings of Martin Short, good Lord I cannot stand his voice in this series. I will usually not let my daughter watch this simply because I find it annoying and not educational. This is a pity as Dr. Suess' books always encouraged imagination while still focusing on education.
Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written byBCMom1985 March 29, 2011

love it

Kid, 9 years old June 24, 2011

HOLY COW U WON'T BELIVE THIS BUT

The cat in the hat once gargled water and sang. And they met a whale and his girlfriend came and said we have a DATE! age 2 off ages 3-4 iffy ages 5 and up on
Teen, 14 years old Written byOMGCatXD March 24, 2013

DR.SEUSS IS DOING THE RUNNING MAN IN HIS GRAVE

Please, this ruins Theodore Giesel's art, Magifique turns to.. Um... NO! They don't even follow the concepts. They just make up random things and places and they don't put potential in problems, it's repetitive and predictable, they should really show more Seuss characters too, it's horribly portrayed, what a wannabe! Fish is a big bother and stubborn, at the end, Fish acts like Dora, kids can easily find out think and rely on pictures, not things they know and stick with. Why does the mom let them do whatever the kids want and leave them alone, it's like she doesn't care... Go feed on the 1996-1997 version.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJoseph Rock February 29, 2012

Not as good as the book,just a dissapointment for all fans of The Cat In The Hat.

I hate this show! The theme song is annoying and the animation quality is BAD!
Teen, 13 years old Written byIdiotHead1101 August 29, 2012

BAD

Parent Written byMamaDawn February 21, 2012

Teaching Respect Through Example

This show is fun, educational and positive. Although it is not the focus of the show, I appreciate feelings and emotions are respected and dealt with positively.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySnoopylove87 March 13, 2013

STUPIDITY

WHAT KIND OF PARENT ALLOWS THEIR 5 YEAR OLD GO TO THE MOON OR SOMETHING WITH A STUPID CAT AND HIS "THINGS" AND THE CAT MAKES OUT WITH HIS HAT IN ONE EPISODE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bytonytorresan884 December 25, 2013

Um, what the f**k did I just watch?

I've only watched this show twice. Both times it was just horrible. The first time was when it first aired. It was so bad, it ruined my whole entire day. The songs were so annoying and the animation was half-a**ed. I only watched it the 2nd time because I was at someone's house for dinner and a cute little girl wanted to watch it. After being tortured by annoying songs and crappy animation yet again, I vowed never to watch The Cat in the Hat Knows A lot about that ever again. It wasn't even worth watching the 2nd time. I hope PBS Kids brings back their good old 90s shows (except for Barney, Caillou, and Teletubbies).
Teen, 17 years old Written byILoveTacoBell September 22, 2013

This is terrible!

This show is just a bad idea to even begin with. Disgusting animation and annoying songs. I only watched 5 minutes of this crap, and it was so bad I turned off the TV.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySuperSonicSteve896 April 29, 2013

PURE FILTH.

This is just another fail on PBS Kids' part. It is a really annoying show and I hate it. It ruined The Cat in The Hat.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDrCool June 1, 2012

Can't stand it!

This is a very bad show.It's better than that trashy Dinosaur Train show,but it still blows logs.The characters (from the actual book) have gone from interesting to ANNOYING! Also,the animation STINKS! It looks TERRIBLY pukish! The theme song is horrible! So annoying! But like I said earlier,this is better than Dinosaur Train.I can only watch 5 minutes of THAT show without inviting brain rot.I can stand 30 minutes of this (though I DO hate this show).Parents,unless you want your kids acting really annoying,then please keep the kids away from this,and put on Maisy,Cyberchase,or Arthur instead.Those are all excellent kid shows.
Adult Written bySamanthamaster1 December 8, 2014

This is a cartoon that will definitely BOTH educate and entertain young kids.

I love watching this show, even though I already know about science, but, I still watch it for entertainment and the fun, catchy songs they sing. I definitely recommend this show for preschoolers and early elementary students. They teach about the solar system and animal science.