All member reviews for The Colbert Report

Kid, 12 years old August 8, 2011

great show

Kid, 12 years old April 19, 2011

Very awesome show.

Aahh Stephen Colbert never fails to make me laugh. I think plenty of kids would get the material, and the simple delivery of the news makes it easy to understand what's happening around us. More kids need this show to be frank; it's entertaining and informative. Colbert covers the same topics as most other news organizations, but puts an original twist on the presentation. It's original, and his persona as a far-right newscaster is obviously for entertainment purposes. If you have a child who doesn't get that, they probably wouldn't be interested in the news anyway. I try to never miss an episode
Teen, 15 years old Written byuvkitty September 26, 2010

Love it!

I think this show is just great, but teens would have to do some political research and also terms such as imperialism and fascism.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAR16 October 28, 2012

Great show!

I strongly believe that parents should be open-minded to their young teens to watch this show. It will help them a lot to easily understand and be aware of what is going on in the world and what they should know.
Kid, 11 years old January 3, 2010

Very Funny!!!!!

It is a hilarious show, and I love to watch it when it is on. You should be able to see it if you understand the material. Great show!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written by9001 December 23, 2009

Mature teenagers.

This show definitely contains mature themes unsuitable for children.
Teen, 17 years old Written byWolf88 December 30, 2012

Good show

Ive watched this since I was 11 and I got most of the jokes. There is some mild language (nothing your kid wouldn't here in school) and mild sexual references. I think it is fine for 12+ as long as u get the jokes.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysamtjones42 June 23, 2012

The Colbert Report

The Colbert Report is a great show, but there is a lot of sexual innuendo, swearing (beeped) and consumerism.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEvan916 June 18, 2012

Sarcasm at it's best

The Colbert Report show gives a sarcastic and funny look at the news through the comedians viewpoints as he pretends to be a ultra conservative, liberal hating Independent
Kid, 10 years old February 9, 2012

STEVEN COLBERT ROCKS!!!!

i love this guy! and HIS ICE CREAM ROCKS!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old December 24, 2011

ROFL!

I love this show! I actually had a conversation about politics because of the show! Some iffy content (language, sex, and drinking), but it's all a joke and not to be looked at seriously. Some episodes should be monitered before letting your kid watch. The humor in this show is sarcastic and fake. For example, Stephen Colbert's opinion on politics. Prejudice jokes are made, but aren't meant to be taken seriously. Of your kids don't understand sarcasm in jokes, don't let them watch.
Teen, 17 years old Written byI_TellTheTruth November 17, 2011

Very Funny; A Little Tamer Than The Daily Show

Hilarious! I just love this show. Language: Not really too much swearing beyond b_tch and some bleeped out swears. Sex: One episode showed a spoof on sexually enticing advertisements...for monkeys. The ad showed a female monkey with very visible genitalia. Besides that, there's some other sexual innuendo and terms like p_nis and v_gina.
Teen, 15 years old Written byxaltrockgirlx September 18, 2011

Actually made politics interesting and easy to understand!

Stephen Colbert is probably one of the funniest comedians (you need someone hilarious if you're going to back up Steve Carell!) ever, and has made the news more than bareable. However, this is not as tame as regular news, which tells you something. The violence is less severe than a normal news show though, with most of it being slapstick. Sex pops up often as it relates to politics, with topics such as gay marriage, affairs, and abortion coming to comedic light. Usually, at least once an episode, swearing that has to be bleeped out partially, so you can still basically tell what is said, but often this is for comedic effect and not meant to be taken seriously. The website for the show is mentioned regularly, as is its sister show, The Daily Show. Drugs don't pop up often necessarily, but one of the earlier plotlines had Colbert getting addicted to painkillers after breaking his wrist and would regularly hallucinate, but kicked his "addiction" (in an obvious satire of extreme-right-winger Rush Limbaugh's Oxycontin addiction). Parents should know while Stephen Colbert seems like a typical Republican on the outside, he is blown out of proportion to be a conservative blowhard to the point where he seems so ludicrous that the show obviously has a liberal bias (not that I'm saying that's a bad thing; I myself tend to be more liberal than a lot of people I know). However, I know people who, even though they're mostly Republican, love the show. Kids who don't understand satire and people who don't keep up with the news, though, probably shouldn't watch, because neither group will understand. If you like Weekend Update on SNL, you'll love this show.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTootoo123 June 26, 2011

Colbert Report Is Brilliantly Funny, No Bad Thoughts Whatsoever

Stephen Colbert is one of the most brilliant reporters on this earth today. Along with Jon Stewart, he provides many of Americans their news! Let's face it. People like to laugh. Not sit down and watch "The Situation Room" for hours at a time. Stephen Colbert is a genius, something which kids, as much as adults, should not be deprived of. Besides, if your kids see you laughing at the show, they will laugh at it because they want to be like you! (unless you're a terrible parent and your kids despise you.) They will watch the show and laugh pretending that they understand the jokes. Who knows, maybe they actually will get some of them! Even if they don't, they will be well informed in many of the happenings of the world! Any one who gives a bad review of the Colbert Report or The Daily Show, should really reassess their lives.
Kid, 9 years old May 29, 2011

Love it

"HB Gary should not of messed with Anonymous, he basically put his PENIS, in a hornets nest." Oh Steven Colbert!
Teen, 15 years old Written byAceJournalist May 27, 2011

Inappropriate

I watched this for Journalism once. I thought it was funny at times, but inappropriate at times also.
Kid, 11 years old February 2, 2011

Colbert Report is pure genius

Stephen Colbert pokes fun at FOX news in this extremely funny show. A little sexual references and rare swearing this show is not as bad as the Daily Show for kids. But you must understand that Stephen is not actually a Republican and he is making fun of them.
Teen, 17 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... November 11, 2010

this is a funny show
Kid, 0 years old December 26, 2009

THE BEST SHOW OF ALL TIME

The best show on television right now. Mr. Colbert is funny, smart, and flat out hilarious. Most kids over the age of nine will understand the humor that Stephen Colbert puts out. if you want a great example of Colbert, look at his 2006 white house speech.
Kid, 10 years old August 25, 2009

awesome show

This show is hillarious! Colbert is so funny in this show. I think it's a great show. I watch it with my dad and sometimes my sister who bot love it too. I think for 9 and up