Post-disaster survival experiment is fascinating, intense.

Adult Written byCariT June 7, 2012

Great show

This show is appropriate for almost all age groups. There is minor cursing but not much. It was great to have a reality show with no sexual encounters whatsoever. Some of the people in the show do provide a very positive attitude and are great role models. Kids can learn some survival skills from this but probably only older kids will truly understand. I don't like kids under 10 would be interested in this.
Parent Written byPlague February 26, 2010

The Colony

Interesting show. I was kind of lost when I first watched it, but I quickly catched on.
Adult Written byRockmike33 August 3, 2013

The simulated social collapse: The Colony (TV Show)

I believe this show was the best attempt to simulate a post-apocalyptic event and tried to show what you may encounter in a similar situation. It opens people up to the possibility of how to make good use of resources (even things most would consider garbage) to make innovative ways to support a group of individuals when society collapses. It raises awareness of things you may have to experience if society was to collapse. Furth more, though made for TV (meaning that situation were sometimes scripted), it also looked at some of the psychological problem people may face. The Violence, nudity, and sex aspect of this was minimal at most. After watch this show, I feel I would have a good idea of what I would face if something like this would happen. It's also entertaining. I like the fact that there was no cash prize and no rewards for first place. It also proves that people can't survive without other people. We never could. Even people who don't have friends/family/loved ones are currently receiving help because of they way our society is currently working (they buy stuff from the store with money they have received threw work/benefits/gov. programs etc.). These same people would still need help to survive. It does a good job of showing how people act/react to desperation and how a strong community is just as essential (if not more so) as/than mere numbers. This is one of my favorite shows.
Kid, 12 years old August 25, 2010
I love it. It has a little bit of language but thats it.