All member reviews for The Daily Show with Jon Stewart

hee.

"But kids won't get or appreciate the humor." EXCUSE ME? I dont want to attack you, but there are some very sophisticated kids out there. I'm 12 now, instead of the 11 it says I am, and I've understood this all since I was 9. Now I admit it's partially because I follow politics, but it's not all that hard. hilarious satire for all over 9 - the sex part is something most kids can deal with,
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

love it

Any body can watch it if they understand the news
Kid, 12 years old April 19, 2011

Brilliant satire, enjoyable for anyone.

I love how The Daily Show and The Colbert Report both present the news in virtually opposite fashions. It's never entirely the same, and though it's different, it's always hilarious. Jon Stewart's sense of humor is a bit mature, but if you like to watch the news, it's understandable. I personally love Stewart's way of pointing out contradictions in media and politics, while at the same time mixing in funny, informative jokes. Unlike other news outlets, he's not as inclined to attack others for mistakes or disagreements. That makes the news a bit more bearable to listen to.
Kid, 11 years old February 2, 2011

Genius

This show is amazingly funny... and political. I like politics so this show was good for me. Swears are bleeped out most of the time and Jon Stewart is a genius. If you like politics and you like to laugh this show is right for you.
Teen, 13 years old Written by9001 May 9, 2010

Iffy for ages 14-15.

Very funny show, but sometimes contains mature sexual references and (bleeped) strong language. In one episode, towards the end Jon repeatedly sings "They can go ***** themselves". Iffy for ages 14-15.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybooklover27 November 19, 2011

Great show :)

This show is hilarious but it also targets political issues in an honest way. You get information but in a funny way. There are some inappropriate bits, but in the long run it is not that bad.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHyperBully January 10, 2011

Pure genius

This show is better journalism than anything you'll find on Fox News. A recent example is the 9/11 First Responders bill. If Jon Stewart hadn't brought that bill to the attention of the public by devoting his last show of the year to it, many people who put their lives on the line on September 11, 2001, and are facing life-threating illnesses as a direct result, may very well be without healthcare right now. Jon Stewart is a hero and the best newsman/comedian on the planet. I have enormous respect for him, fellow Comedy Central "anchor" Stephen Colbert, and Bill Maher as well. Thanks to Stewart and his great reporting and comedic genius, I watch The Daily Show, well, daily. Keep up the great work, Jon! Highly recommended to anyone of any age with the intelligence and maturity to handle the political issues, as well as anyone who just likes to laugh.
Teen, 17 years old Written byI_TellTheTruth November 17, 2011

Hilarious Show With Some Mature Content

Hilarious news show, even though I don't usually agree with John Stewart's liberal point of view. As far as the content, the biggest thing to worry about is the infrequent but strong language: s--t, f--k, and a-- hole are bleeped out (although one episode I saw somehow said bulls--t about 15 times uncensored; when I saw a repeat of the episode, it was censored). Uncensored language includes d--k, p--sy, (non-sexually) and d-ldo. It's not really that frequent, but all of these words CAN be heard at times. Sex: The one thing that comes to mind is in one episode John Stewart spun a giant wheel that had a brown d-ldo for a spinner.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySafemancam001 February 16, 2011

Funny political humor, good for teens

I like the show; it's very funny. It would be okay for age 11, but the political humor my make impossible to understand for kids. Anyways... LOL!
Teen, 13 years old Written byDragynwulf July 28, 2010

One of the best political satire shows

the other one is Real Time with Bill Maher. seriously, the swearing is bleeped, and kids who aren't mature enough won't get the sexual references.
Kid, 12 years old September 2, 2009

Only for older teens

Great show, but with all the swearing (which is usually beeped out be you still know what they are saying) it is for more mature and older teens. also, you have to understand the news to get it. Other than that, it's HILARIOUS and will bring a smile to anyone watching it. Grade: A-
Kid, 10 years old December 25, 2010

i follow politics so this show is of my interest
Teen, 15 years old Written bywhyamiusingthissite September 29, 2009

This show is probably only good for teens

If kids don't get the humor, why do I get the humor? I especially love it when he has Lewis Black rant on all the small things people worry about.
Teen, 16 years old Written byxaltrockgirlx July 28, 2012

The Daily Show and The Colbert Report go together like peanut butter and jelly!

I had seen parts of The Daily Show before since I've been an avid watcher of the Colbert Report for about a year now, but it didn't really seem all that interesting until we watched it in my AP Euro class when Stewart was making some jokes on the European economy. After that, I was hooked. Now my hour of nightly news comes from both Stewart and Colbert, which is better since Stewart often gives the context that Colbert has to leave out as part of his character. Here, it's just Stewart making fun of politics and world news, out in the clear, and it's just as funny. However, it's a little bit edgier than the Colbert Report, the sex jokes in the particular. Usually it's because of the visuals to go along with it, whereas most of jokes on the Colbert Report either go without or show fairly innocuous pictures. At least once an episode, those images would be pretty hard to explain to younger viewers. The bleeped swearing is also more frequent here, but again, a lot of it is censored except for mild swears. (Though it's usually pretty easy to tell what was said in the bleeps.) Along with that are a couple moments where they seem like proponents of drug use, but they don't come up that often. Overall, the show is a funny edition to my late night comedy.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMetropolisforever December 8, 2009

Hilarious News Satire

"The Daily Show" is about as good as political satire can get. By using real news as the basis for his humor, Jon Stewart shows us just how ridiculous the world of politics truly is. By displaying human corruption in this manner, Stewart helps us deal with things and laugh at our own twisted world. The Daily Show's laugh-a-minute style means that, even if one joke doesn't really work, the next one will most likely leave you rolling on the floor laughing. Contains strong language, sexual innuendo, and the usual exploitative gutter trash you'd see on the news. Only, this time, it's being lampooned instead of presented as serious news. This really shows us how thin the line is between "news" and "satire". It's frightening, yet hilarious. Brilliant.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviemogul 2.0;... April 9, 2008

Hilarious... been watching since its first season

Most people wouldn't think the news could be funny-- they're wrong. The Daily Show manages to be hilarious and also deliver actual news at the same time. Jon Stewart and the other people that randomly show up as fake reporters or whatnot are brilliant in their humor while not crossing the line. However, a word of caution-- the show tends to have some sexual-oriented humor, and mild language can sometimes be found. If you think this show is inappropriate, then I would reccommend "The Colbert Report", which also takes a humorous edge on the news, though it isn't nearly as funny (really the funniest part about "Colbert" is Today's Word), and comes on directly after The Daily Show.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysamtjones42 June 23, 2012

The Daily Show

It is very good.
Kid, 10 years old February 9, 2012

SMARTEST MAN ON THE PLANET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAKES ME LAUGH EVERY TIME!!!!! WATCH IT!!!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byemykat183 November 7, 2013

I've always gotten it...

Won't get the humor? I've been watching that show since i saw him on Elmo Palooza when i was 2 years old, I love J-stew!
Teen, 13 years old Written byEvan916 June 18, 2012

News Made Funny

The Daily Show isn't "fake news", it makes much more sense then any other news program