All member reviews for The Doodlebops

Puppets, music, and trippy colors kids will love!

Adult Written byHuebel April 9, 2008

A Little Wierd Looking

The characters aren't bad or anything. But they just look weird. My children actually find their looks a little unnerving.
Adult Written bydkuzi April 9, 2008

Even great for my 2 year old!

My 2 year old is amazed by this show!! But what I am tryiong to find out is can you see the DoodleBops live?? Does anyone know??
Adult Written bybeau99 April 9, 2008

I'm now dumber than ever

Watching just one episode made me feel like I was having an acid trip... but without the acid.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjazzyjammrz April 9, 2008

omg are u kids insane?

THIS IS A HORRBILE SHOW. THE DIRECTOR NEEDS TO BE SENT TO ALKATRAZ. NO EDUCATIONAL VALUE AT ALL. This is a very LOUD show and very obnoxious and the people are weird-looking. My little sister (3) starts crying when it comes on- the multicolored people scare her. It's all, la, la, la, and blah, blah, blah. Only let the kids watch it when your least favorite babysitter's over. It'll annoy the heck out of them.
Kid, 12 years old December 12, 2008
The Doodlebops is a show about a musical group called... well... The Doodlebops. They're a good-natured trio of clowns, however, you should keep in mind that since several people (mainly children, but many adults) suffer from coulrophobia, the fear of clowns and costumed characters. I had/have it myself, and if I saw this show at age five, I would be scared silly! Also, remember that as the songs are catchy (and this is not necessarily a good thing), you might find yourself getting on the bus and humming 'Get on the Bus'. However, this show's obviously very clean, and if you're fine with the music, and your child's fine with the characters, you may very well love it!
Teen, 15 years old Written bygottaluvapirate April 9, 2008

Coming from a 13-year-old, trust me this show is great.

There is nothing to worry about when thinking if you want your kids ot watch this show. I personally have fallen in love with the show. And honestly there is nothing in the least bit harmful about this show. It's good wholesome fun. You shouldn't even have to think twice about this one trust me it's a great show.
Adult Written bysponge_bob54301 April 9, 2008

Too much fun

As someone who works with kids as a profession, I think this is a great program for kids. It's interactive, and the colors and shapes stimulate young minds. I gave this a rating for Five years and up because I don't believe that anyone younger should be watching TV. We don't want them to become used to an electronic babysitter. For those in Kindergarten and even pre-school though, this is a great way for them to learn social habits, and the basics like colors and shapes too. Plus the music is fun. As a performer, I get many great set-design ideas as well as fun movements to use. This is also fun for adults if you don't feel weird about watching a kids show.
Teen, 17 years old Written byCherry_kisses April 9, 2008

I GAINED six brain cells watching this!!

I totally did. Something I thought scientifically impossible. So there you go. It's that good.

good for 1-6 year olds

Teen, 15 years old Written bykelseycutie123 April 9, 2008

Hey I am 13 and love this show!!!

At first I thought this show was strange, but when I watched it I fell in love with it.I tape it every morning! I like the bright costumes and great personalitys of the actors who play these funny,talented,people.I think they teach kids good lessons but still make it fun to learn.I also think watching them is fun just becase of the great music that they play and the great dances they do!One thing i dont like is that there dances are way to diffacult,little 5 and younger kids wont be able to do these dances!I love the nock nock jokes and the live proforances they do on stage.Also the bus it is sooooo cool!
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Great for 1 and up!

This show is great for young kids.(the show is more aimed at 1 to 5, though) Other than that... Doodlebops is a great show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written byLisa Cole April 9, 2008

Over the Top

If you are looking for high energy, outrageously colorful, over the top entertainment for young children, this is it! As a parent and early childhood specialist, I can see the appeal (very fun, great music!) yet feel the attention to costume, prop, and set overload takes away from the value. Young children need to trust those they are engaging with and the characters feel somewhat like clowns: who is that person behind the mask? On another note, whereas the look and feel is geared toward the young child, the movements are not age-appropriate (too fast and furious), making it difficult for young children to model movements. Also, the content would benefit from attention to the cognitive development of the young child. For instance, an episode focusing on "keeping a promise" is great for older children...who understand what a promise truly is! Overall, lots of fun...in small doses.
Adult Written byJjSmihal April 9, 2008

This is SO IRRITATING!

I think that this show is one of the most irritating children's shows on TV today. The songs do make my preschooler want to dance, but she remembers none of the "social message" that they are trying to convey. PeeWee's Playhouse meets Magical Mystery Tour meets the worst episode of Wiggles is a GOOD description. There are so many great shows on for kids; flip around and find one. This isn't it!
Adult Written bygnatti April 9, 2008

Corny but cute

At first, I hated this show, because it is so chipper and colorful - it almost gave me a migraine. But, it's cute, and it's top-notch fr teaching kids social behavior such as: manners, kindness, caring, being helpful and may other things.
Teen, 15 years old Written bykittens2 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bybebeyarb April 9, 2008

Very entertaining!

The doodle-bops spark a childs musical interest and not to mention they love to dance with Dee Dee, Roney, and Moe! The set, characters, and costumes are very colorful and fun. Each episode has some lesson to teach either it's a lesson in behavior, manners, sharing, or making friends. This is a very healthy show for kids of all ages.
Adult Written byMidnightCresent June 22, 2010

Express yourself!

Well I dont watch it or anything, but I like how they incourage kids to express themselves. Kids should be able to without being picked on all the time. I mean who is 'normal' anyway?

This is great for kids of all ages

This is great for kids 2-12. My sister Elizabeth and I are 11 and watch the show every morning. You should too! Central time-8:30am Eastren time-9:00am
Teen, 15 years old Written byCartoonaholic_C... April 9, 2008

HOLY CRUD!!! THE DOODLEBOPS ROCK!!!

Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo, we're the Doodlebops OH YEAH! (Doodlebops sing their pledge and act like crazy fools afterwards) Yeah! We're the Doodlebops! I can't get enough of those Doodlebops. The singing is so dang rich, the jokes are great, Mudge says "The Doodlebops" incorrectly (Whizzle Pops, Winter Socks, Cooking Pots, Rough 'N' Toughs, Building Blocks, Poodle Cops, Cough-a-Lots, Whoodlewops just to name some) make this show crazy and bursting with MAD ENERGY!!!!! WATCH THIS SHOW NOW!!! YOU WON'T BE SORRY IF YOU TRY!!! MUCH BETTER THAN ALL THAT OTHER CRUD THAT DISNEY RANDOMLY FLINGS AT YOU!!! Love this show? Viva Pinata, Nanalan, Kirby: Right Back At Ya, Ren and Stimpy, Yin Yang Yo, Franny's Feet, Rocko's Modern Life, Angry Beavers, Arthur, Kappa Mikey and more are other great shows that are HYSTERICAL and bursting with MAD ENERGY!!!!! YEAH!!!